Waverly @ Wheelersburg 1/7

Cav's Alum
Waterboy

Re: Waverly @ Wheelersburg 1/7

Post by Cav's Alum »

fbnut wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:27 pm It’s embarrassing
Your embarrassing yourself, your family, your community and your school.
Cut out all the bullsh$t and play basketball
I personally think you're right on.
This thread actually even calls out some referees by name.
How is that profitable?
I have never refereed a basketball game but was a football referee for years (retired) and am proud to have been selected to work a state championship game. There were no problems like this from the two best football teams in the state. They were fundamentally sound and just played hard.
The OHSAA put out a memo this year lamenting similar issues as are discussed here and the fact that many new officials only last 2-3 years because of the nonsense surrounding the game. Think about that for a second.
During my officiating tenure there were schools that my crew would refuse to accept contracts from because of disrespect.
I wonder, what happens to the game when there are no experienced officials?
There is nothing wrong with being competitive yet respectful, In my years of experience, it always started with the Athletic Director's and what they deem to be acceptable behavior at their schools.
We all love high school competition, including basketball.
Come on folks, as administration, athletes, coaches and adults we can all do better!

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Swanker Pine wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm
It takes a special breed to pull it off. Mullet Man ™️ Probably drives an IROC z28 and blasts Molly Hatchet in the parking lot after school.
That is probably the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this site.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Bottom line is that trash talking has become the new norm in sports these days because that is what these kids see in almost every sport on TV. The coach has to get ahold of that and make it stop. That was the beauty of Coach Barrick. You did not see any trash talking coming out of his players.
Agree on Barrick. He didn't allow it at Wheelersburg, he didn't allow it at Eastern Pike, and I'm betting he isn't allowing his kids to do it at Russell.

A great coach and man.
And isn’t that why they ran him off from Burg? Too hard on the kids, didn’t let them express themselves? Demanded too much? I know many in Morgan county were disappointed he never stayed longer.

Return to “Boys Basketball”