Division III and IV Speculation

bsee12345
Varsity

Division III and IV Speculation

Post by bsee12345 »

I have seen the possible seedings for Division III and IV. It may end up being completely different because you do not know how the coaches will seed teams. Based on what I have seen Peebles and New Boston will battle for 1 seed in Division IV. It looks as if Fairland and Zane Trace will battle for 1 seed in Division III. Being that the 1 seed get to choose if they want to be Athens 1 or Athens 2. Do the 1 seeds prefer to play the Columbus winner or the East winner in the Regional Semi-Finals.
In Division III Columbus area Harvest Prep I believe will choose to go in the Ohio University Bracket over going into Bowling Green Bracket. In Division III North Union is currently 16-0 and may get the 1st seed. Harvest Prep will be the 1 or 2 seed. If North Union get the 1 I believe they would go to Ohio University Bracket so the 1 and 2 seeds in Columbus could very well end up in the Ohio University Bracket. Worthington Christian is lurking and very good in Division III with Ready very close behind Worthington Christian.
In Division IV Columbus area it appears the top seeds will be Grandview Hts 13-5, Wellington School 10-6 or Newark Catholic 10-7- East Knox probably a distant 4th seed. Wellington won the 1st head to head with Grandview so that should give them the not but gut tells me Grandview Hts may end the 1st seed and Wellington School 2nd. Columbus will have one district going Ohio University and one district to Dayton. Grandview Hts may choose to go to Dayton if they get the number 1. Wellington School I think will go to Ohio University either the 1 or 2 seed.
Can not give information on the East District.

Division III Regional Pairings
Columbus 2 Winner vs Athens 1 Winner
East Winner vs Athens 2 Winner

Division IV Regional Pairings
Columbus 1 Winner vs Athens 2 Winner
Athens 1 Winner vs East Winner
Last edited by bsee12345 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division III and IV Speculation

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown is smack dab in the middle of that D3 #1 seed discussion.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

All of those Central District D3 teams want to go to the Athens Regional. Much tougher road if they have to go North.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Zane Trace should be the 1 seed
unless they slip up the next week

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

How many wins do the following potential #1 seeds have against teams with winning records?

Zane Trace?
Fairland?
Eastern Brown?

That could separate them a little. Not who you lose to, but who you have beat that is decent.
Probably the OVC is the strongest from top to bottom. SVC top 2 are good. Next 2 are OK. Bottom 4 stink.

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Fairland has solid wins over Bishop Watterson, Huntington High, WV, Chesapeake, Ironton, and South Point. IMO, they should be the #1 seed in DIII.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Irish wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am Fairland has solid wins over Bishop Watterson, Huntington High, WV, Chesapeake, Ironton, and South Point. IMO, they should be the #1 seed in DIII.
Several good wins and one decent knock on that bad loss. It’s close

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

If Burg wins out I think they should atleast be in the discussion as the #2 seed possibly #1

Burg grad 85
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:23 am If Burg wins out I think they should atleast be in the discussion as the #2 seed possibly #1
Burg over Waverly puts them into that discussion and really clutters it up

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Zane Trace has 4 or 5 wins against teams with winning records: Unioto, Adena, Vinton County and Logan Elm. Not sure on Amanda? Last I saw they were around .500

Their other 10 wins are against teams below .500

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

point being

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Point being is somebody above asked how many wins that the possible number 1 seeds have against winning teams.
I stated that. Point being.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Sooo D4
Besides peebles and NB, who ya got?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Zane Trace tried to put together a top notch schedule that IMO is unmatched vs other teams. They played a couple of D1 teams on the road in Gahanna Lincoln & Chillicothe. The D2 schools like Greenfield McClain and Washington CH were great ball clubs last year. And with the unfortunate unforeseen circumstances Greenfield’s best player couldn’t play this year and WCH lost their coach.

I wonder how many teams could go into Logan Elm and beat a good Doug Stiversons team? Not many. It was a hard fought battle that ZT won.

How many teams go into Vinton County against a good Matt Combs team and win by 30 or 40? Not many.

Everyone knows Unioto and ZT are rivals. They won the early matchup at their place and are ranked in D2. Our ZT team won the rematch by 10-15.

No one talks about Piketon and Adena.. I think these two teams will surprise other teams in the tournament. There is no question about it and ZT has beat them 3-0.

To be honest, I watch this Zane Trace team and they are so physical and have last years district player of the year Cam Evans. They won the District two championship last year.

Let the chips fall where they may, because I don’t think anyone would want to play this team. I believe they are the number 1 seed in this D3 district.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I think at this point ZT and Fairland have the best resume with Eastern Brown a close third.

Because of strength of schedule Chesapeake would be the 4th seed. Wheelersburg downgraded their schedule so it’s hard to say where they fall. (5th at the best)

Regardless of the seeding It should be a fun D-III tournament.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:15 pm I think at this point ZT and Fairland have the best resume with Eastern Brown a close third.

Because of strength of schedule Chesapeake would be the 4th seed. Wheelersburg downgraded their schedule so it’s hard to say where they fall. (5th at the best)

Regardless of the seeding It should be a fun D-III tournament.
Those teams are good. But I wouldn’t say Wheelersburg downgraded their schedule. Besides the Hannan game (I still don’t understand that one), they played the same teams as last season. Two league games were added with Eastern.

gameover
Waterboy

Post by gameover »

Green, South Wester, St Joe could cause some major problems for anybody in D4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

gameover wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm Green, South Wester, St Joe could cause some major problems for anybody in D4
I don’t know the answer so I’ll ask....what makes Green different than last year? They were a 2? Seed and lost first game to the 7 seed. I thought they graduated a top player or two

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:49 pm
gameover wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm Green, South Wester, St Joe could cause some major problems for anybody in D4
I don’t know the answer so I’ll ask....what makes Green different than last year? They were a 2? Seed and lost first game to the 7 seed. I thought they graduated a top player or two
They graduated many players, particularly their top 2 scorers.

I think maybe he just means this year they are playing more of the underdog role. Nonetheless, Scarberry was a great addition to the coaching staff. Him and Coach Hollar have done a great job with what they have this season.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:49 pm
They graduated many players, particularly their top 2 scorers.

I think maybe he just means this year they are playing more of the underdog role. Nonetheless, Scarberry was a great addition to the coaching staff. Him and Coach Hollar have done a great job with what they have this season.
Ok, was wondering

Return to “Boys Basketball”