2020 SVC POY

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

2020 SVC POY

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Is this 100% Cam Evans' award this year no matter what happens? 20ppg, over 50% shooting from the field and the obvious leader of strong ZT team.

I think the only other argument would be for Issac Little but with him missing time and being a Junior I dont see him getting the award this year.

It seems like all of the other teams have 2 or 3 guys stepping up on a given night to lead the team (yes, Unioto does too but I think they click best when Little is scoring)

Bryce Newland would have a been a possibility without his injury in football.

Whos your pick and your 1st team ALL SVC?

Id probably have to go Evans, Newland, Beeler, Little, Nesser.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2020 SVC POY

Post by danicalifornia »

No Bennett or Chandler for 1st team? Dang

Evans will win, but Little has been awesome when healthy. Little, among with Bennett and Chandler will be the front runners for the award next year.

As for 1st team, I think I’d go Evans, Little, Bennett, Chandler, Nesser. But, I’d be cool with Newland or Beeler as well.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Dani,
To be honest I have not seen Chandler play. I like Logan Bennett but I expected more from him this year TBH.

Im taking Beeler bc hes taking a beating all year and still putting up numbers and being a leader. Chandler or Newland would be fine by me!

and...agreed about Little he has had a great year and really shown a lot of improvement.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Cam Evans. Nobody even close to him.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m on the road right now and will give my run down in a few hours. It’s tough for me for obvious reasons but will give it a go. I’m sure I’ll be crucified

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nipgencounty wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 pm Cam Evans. Nobody even close to him.
Wrong. I’ll explain why in a few

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

1st team all SVC Evans, Chandler, Newland, Little, Bennett
SVC POY Evans

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:32 pm No Bennett or Chandler for 1st team? Dang

Evans will win, but Little has been awesome when healthy. Little, among with Bennett and Chandler will be the front runners for the award next year.

As for 1st team, I think I’d go Evans, Little, Bennett, Chandler, Nesser. But, I’d be cool with Newland or Beeler as well.
I agree with this first team, but Beeler is worthy also

POY EVANS

1ST TEAM
EVANS, LITTLE, BENNETT, CHANDLER, NESSER

2ND TEAM
NEWLAND, BEELER, BLACKBURN, SWAIN, DEBORD

3RD
FULLER, DAVIDSON, GRUBB, GILLUM, WYMAN

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Looking at the 8 stats from SVC sports zone, Evans is in top 10 of all but 2, rebounding and blocks. Newland, Chandler and Bennett not on 3 of the stat line. Little loses some on stats with Unioto so balanced.

Other things I take into account, leadership, poise and the go to in crunch time. Evans has distanced himself in those areas as well. Beeler is a possible 1st team, but I go Evans, Bennet, Chandler, Little and Newland, with Evans POY.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

POY Evans

Coach of the Year Matt Hoops

1st Team
Evans ,Nesser, Bennett, Little , Chandler

2nd Team
Newland , Wheeler, Beeler ,Swain, Wyman

3rd Team
Lambert, Grubb, Blackburn, Davidson , Debord

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:28 pm Looking at the 8 stats from SVC sports zone, Evans is in top 10 of all but 2, rebounding and blocks. Newland, Chandler and Bennett not on 3 of the stat line. Little loses some on stats with Unioto so balanced.

Other things I take into account, leadership, poise and the go to in crunch time. Evans has distanced himself in those areas as well. Beeler is a possible 1st team, but I go Evans, Bennet, Chandler, Little and Newland, with Evans POY.
Little’s numbers has more to do with injury than us being balanced. Pre injury he was top 6 in almost every statistical category

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

First I want to say Evans and Little both have league games left that they need to worry about winning. If either team slips up it could affect who gets POY.

If both win out I could see a split for POY COY and league title. My argument for Little is simple. The first half of the season he was the best player on the court in every game he played in. He was beating Evans in every statistical category possible other than scoring and was only behind in that by 1.5 points. He also won the head to head in which he also was the best player on the court in that game. He struggled while hurt but his first game back to reasonable health against Adena which is still a top team in our league especially defensively he scored 21 points on 9 shots. I’d also ask if you took each perspective player off the team who would win more games? Based off most posts in here (not my own) everyone was saying ZT has the better supporting cast. Cam Evans is an awesome player and is deserving of the award but no player in our league is more important to their team than Isaac Little.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

My first team should be everyone’s first team:

Little/Evans
Bennett
Nesser
Chandler

If you look across the board statistically I don’t know how you keep Chandler out and still sleep at night. Kid is a stud and will be a front runner for Poy along with Bennett and Little

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Evans will be POY unless a Zane Trace would lose one of their last three SVC games.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Cam Evans starts and stars on any team in southern Ohio. Little would not.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The fact that he’s in the conversation (rightfully) and our team is 15-3 is enough for me. Especially since not a single person that posts on here thought he or we would be. I made a fair case that’s tough to argue and I’ll leave it at that. We still have games to play.

tnichols10
Waterboy

Post by tnichols10 »

Evans and it shouldn't be close. He faces guys face guarding, double teams and defenses trying everything to stop him. He still is shooting over 50%. This year his scoring numbers are down a little because of the talent around him that has matured and looking to score a little more. If he played on any other team in the league he would average 25+. Little has had a great year and is a gritty player but will be favorite to win next year.

1st team: Evans, Little, Newland, Beeler, Nesser

2nd team: Chandler, Swain, Bennett, Wyman, Fuller

3rd team: Lambert, Grubb, Davidson,
Blackburn, Debord

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Little I think you did a great job with your bias. I will definitely agree that nobody thought UHS would be battling for the SVC but I disagree that nobody thought Issac would be in the running for POY...just my opinion.

I obviously failed with Chandler but I havent seen him in person so that's my fault.

I cant agree that ZT has the best team from top to bottom. Sure I'll say that Evans, Nesser and Swain are 3 of the best in our league at their respective positions..but I think your team is better overall.

ZT hasnt played more than 6 guys in most games I have seen. Brice Johnson has played his role well. But after that?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 pm Little I think you did a great job with your bias. I will definitely agree that nobody thought UHS would be battling for the SVC but I disagree that nobody thought Issac would be in the running for POY...just my opinion.

I obviously failed with Chandler but I havent seen him in person so that's my fault.

I cant agree that ZT has the best team from top to bottom. Sure I'll say that Evans, Nesser and Swain are 3 of the best in our league at their respective positions..but I think your team is better overall.

ZT hasnt played more than 6 guys in most games I have seen. Brice Johnson has played his role well. But after that?
They have talent. People talk about how deep we are. It’s more about trust and allowing our kids to evolve. Saturday’s game vs Adena our starters watched our second string play 4 minutes into the 4th with a 2 point lead. We had 1 starter in at that point. That takes a set from the coaching staff. Our second string stretched the lead to 9 in that span. They have developed that confidence throughout the season with playing time. So instead of beating everyone by 30 playing 6 we play 9-10 players in our rotation and hopefully those kids have gained some confidence that we can use down the stretch. Then again maybe not 🤷‍♂️

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

tnichols10 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 pm Evans and it shouldn't be close. He faces guys face guarding, double teams and defenses trying everything to stop him. He still is shooting over 50%. This year his scoring numbers are down a little because of the talent around him that has matured and looking to score a little more. If he played on any other team in the league he would average 25+. Little has had a great year and is a gritty player but will be favorite to win next year.

1st team: Evans, Little, Newland, Beeler, Nesser

2nd team: Chandler, Swain, Bennett, Wyman, Fuller

3rd team: Lambert, Grubb, Davidson,
Blackburn, Debord
Have you watched Unioto play? Defenders have actually been caught trying to impregnate Little during games. Swain and Evans were taking turns face guarding him at our place. He sees it night in and night out just as well. But Little will make the defense pay by finding the open man.

Return to “Boys Basketball”