Logan 63 Vinton County 52 a final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan 63 Vinton County 52 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 63
Vinton County 52 a final

... Logan was looking to break it's 4-4 record vs the SE District in the 2019-20 season ... having entered last night game vs Vinton County having beaten Athens, Gallia Academy, Logan Elm, Washington CH losing to Chillicothe, Unioto, Sheridan, and Warren Local ... the Logan record Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line was 1-12 ... in the games Logan has beaten teams from the SE District it has had the advantage and taken advantage of having 6-6 Justin Wolfe in the post ... Saturday night was no different Logan HAD the advantage of size in the post and once again did a great job in finding/feeding the post as the senior big man in the middle put up 17 points for the Chiefs down on the blocks ... combine this with VC's inability to score from the perimeter (6/27 from behind the arc) it spelled the Vikings demise ... Logan 63 Vinton County 52 a final

Quarter scores:

Logan ............. 12 ....... 32......48 .....63
Vinton County.... 09 ....... 18......30 .....52

... without being able to do what VC does best - score on the perimeter - VC could never get on top of Logan ... VC didn't get started putting points on the board in mass until the 2nd half and never by more than one player at a time ... Vinton County trailed by 14 at the half - Lance Montgomery put up 9 points in the 3rd for VC , their #1 scorer Gavin Arbaugh had but 2 FTs in the first 3 periods as Logan entered the final quarter leading by 18 ... LHS 48 VC 30 end of 3 ... the Vikings of Coach Combs finally got their #1 scoring option rolling as Gavin Arbaugh drained 2 treys , 3 deuces and a 4/4 from the FT line (14 points in the quarter) - the Vikings cut the deficit in half with 2:06 on the clock at 50-59 ... VC with the ball after forcing 1 of Logan's 6 fourth quarter TOs ... a VC 3 ball would make this one a 2 possession game ... again VC was unable to get the needed bucket as Logan's Colten Castle went 4/4 down the stretch to seal the deal for Logan ... Logan 63 Vinton County 52 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Vinton County ...

Scoring ... Gavin Arbaugh 16, Lance Montgomery 13, Zane Karr 9, Aaron Stevens 6, Will Arthur 5, Esiason Herrold 2, Eli Radabaugh 1
3 Pointers .... 6/27 ... Zane Karr 3, Gavin Arbaugh 2, Aaron Stevens 1
FTs ........... 13/18
TOs ........... 13
PnP ....... 8 fgs/16 points in the paint
PnT ....... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck ..... 1 fg/ 2 points on puback buckets

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring .... Justin Wolfe 17, Colten Castle 16, Tegan Myers 12, Ian Frasure 9, Mason Frasure 4, Conner Ruff 3, Nolan Robinette 2
3 Pointers ..... 3/11 ... Tegan Myers 1, Ian Frasure 1, Conner Ruff 1
FTs ........ 16/20
TOs ...... 17
PnP ..... 19 fgs/ 38 points in the paint
PnT ..... 1 fg / 2 points in transition
Pbck ..... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan 63 Vinton County 52 a final ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like a pretty good game

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good recap as always Pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm Good recap as always Pfloyd.
... I have to apologize for the brevity of the recap AND the lateness VetteMan ... I didn’t want post last night because I would have said some things I would have wished I hadn’t lol ... so I waited until after I posted the rankings , did a brief recap to at least report the game stats ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Live and die by that 3 pt shot more often than not. Looks to me as if Logan was pretty much in control most of the game.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

My Chiefs, putting it on yet another TVC team. This is precisely why Logan and Warren get shunned by the TVC. Combs couldn't handle a 4 dog race for the TVC title every year.

Just my thoughts guys. :mrgreen:

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefs76 »

It would just be great to be in a league.. logan being d1 not having a league in my opinion would not be a ideal job for any coach

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

chiefs76 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm It would just be great to be in a league.. logan being d1 not having a league in my opinion would not be a ideal job for any coach
I agree! It’s not ideal for the coaches and the athletes. The youth athletes are unfortunately paying the price for the past decisions, good or bad, of administrators/leaders at Logan. Things such as running up scores on schools who have a vote on you joining their league doesn’t help. It’s getting to the point of being frustrating. Logan is not entitled to be in any league by any means. For some reason or another though, they aren’t even being considered by ANY league. So that begs the question.....is it administration not marketing well, not fostering relationships, or just the culmination of being D1 on an island?

Return to “Boys Basketball”