D IV Sectional Final: #5 St. Joe vs #12 Valley

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Re: D IV Sectional Final: #5 St. Joe vs #12 Valley

Post by Voice of Reason »

gameover wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:52 pm Valley lost a freshman guard in the South Webster game who was a solid player (Carter Nichols) I think and if he is back i will give Valley the upper hand if not it's a coin flip
I talked to Nickel's step dad at the game the other night and asked if he was playing because he looked good in warmups. He said was going back to the doctor to hopefully get released for this game. That will be a big boost to the Indians if he's playing anything like he did before the injury. His play, along with the play of the other two freshmen Arnett and Perkins and sophomore Stewart were a big reason for the boost Valley had in the middle of the year. Mollette and Zaler have been consistent and solid all year, but the younger players gave them a spark. This could be a very good game.

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

SJ will have their hands full regardless of who plays for Valley. Valley wants to play through their post player, who is pretty good, and they have some kids who can knock down the 3. They will get up and guard SJ’s shooters, so they will have to figure out a way to score besides the 3pt line. Should be an interesting game.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Irish wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:49 pm SJ will have their hands full regardless of who plays for Valley. Valley wants to play through their post player, who is pretty good, and they have some kids who can knock down the 3. They will get up and guard SJ’s shooters, so they will have to figure out a way to score besides the 3pt line. Should be an interesting game.
I pretty much agree with this. Valley has played through Zaler and/or Mollette all year. Valley does have some good athletic defensive players. Should be an interesting contest. I do agree that if Nichol is back it will help Valley. Hope to be able to make this game

Put_me_in_coach
Waterboy

Post by Put_me_in_coach »

Should be a great game. Looking forward to seeing both teams battle for this sectional title.

SEObballwizard
Waterboy

Post by SEObballwizard »

SOC II for the win here

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though I have not seen St. Joe play this year, I know they have had a great year, as there overall record indicates. I have seen Valley a couple times, and they have been pretty competitive at times. I think they probably are pretty young, and at times that has shown when playing some of the better SOC-2 teams. I have no idea how they match up with each other. I do know that it's a very big game for both of these schools, with a win meaning a trip to the Convo. Good luck to both schools, hope it's a hard fought close ballgame.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

🤣🤣🤣

FEARFHEFALCON
Waterboy

Post by FEARFHEFALCON »

Will they have the size and strength to match up with Zaler. That will be the key factor in the game. He is defiantly a game changer in the paint

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Great job Flyers !!
Not many here gave you a chance but you're CONVO BOUND !!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Ironton St. Joe on your win tonight over the Valley Indians in the Sectional Championship. Enjoy the Convo and your District Semifinal matchup with the Federal Hocking Lancers.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats ISJ. On to the Convo. Enjoy.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Congratulations great game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”