Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake-District semifinals 3-1-20

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake-District semifinals 3-1-20

Post by pfloyd »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:21 pm GO BURG! Gonna be a battle at the roundhouse. As long as Burg handles the pressure and limits the amount of turnovers then Burg should win and I think that the guards Burg has can handle the pressure Burg loves to run so let's see if they can or not against the Peake haven't seen Peake play this year so I have no idea about them. Have seen Burg play and if they keep playing the way they are I don't see them losing this game but ya never know at tournament time. BURG 53 Peake 41
... probably the LAST thing you want to do is get into a running game with the Peake ... CHS has 5 good starters/3 good players off the bench so 8 deep is the number ... Blankenship/Grimm are both outstanding for the Panthers ... if a team "gets out and runs with CHS" the peake has 6-7 double digit scorers - 65-75 points to be had ... when Chesapeake HAS TO play in the half court? they have 2 double digit scorers 50-54 points per outting ... choose your poison - do you keep the scoring for CHS to 2 players (both can get you 20+ pg) or do you open Pandora's Box and make everyone who plays for the peake a double digit scorer ... it will be fun to watch no matter what !!! ...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:17 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:21 pm GO BURG! Gonna be a battle at the roundhouse. As long as Burg handles the pressure and limits the amount of turnovers then Burg should win and I think that the guards Burg has can handle the pressure Burg loves to run so let's see if they can or not against the Peake haven't seen Peake play this year so I have no idea about them. Have seen Burg play and if they keep playing the way they are I don't see them losing this game but ya never know at tournament time. BURG 53 Peake 41
... probably the LAST thing you want to do is get into a running game with the Peake ... CHS has 5 good starters/3 good players off the bench so 8 deep is the number ... Blankenship/Grimm are both outstanding for the Panthers ... if a team "gets out and runs with CHS" the peake has 6-7 double digit scorers - 65-75 points to be had ... when Chesapeake HAS TO play in the half court? they have 2 double digit scorers 50-54 points per outting ... choose your poison - do you keep the scoring for CHS to 2 players (both can get you 20+ pg) or do you open Pandora's Box and make everyone who plays for the peake a double digit scorer ... it will be fun to watch no matter what !!! ...
Really Burg doesn’t like to get out an run. They like to push out of transition defense. But they will run offense if nothing is there. Burg is 8 deep. Burgs defense is really good. Their offense is ok. All five can score but only two that do it consistently. I would think burg will try to methodically run their half court offense and rely on their defense to try to win it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:07 pm
Really Burg doesn’t like to get out an run. They like to push out of transition defense. But they will run offense if nothing is there. Burg is 8 deep. Burgs defense is really good. Their offense is ok. All five can score but only two that do it consistently. I would think burg will try to methodically run their half court offense and rely on their defense to try to win it.
Agree, also that the scoring is more likely to be in the 50's, rather than in the 60-70 range.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Nice post thanks for info sounds like its gonna be a battle

Burg grad 85
Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Peake lost a starter vs Minford and also had a sub out so the depth will change. Must stay out of foul trouble.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Come on over to our Sunday update thread at the top of the page.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

36-34 end of 3. Peake up. Believe Truitt given a T towards the end of the 3rd after a foul call.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

54-51 peake. Burg hit a three at 7 seconds. Time expires with peake on the inbounds.

Congrats to the pirates on a fine season and SOC championship

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Great season Burg!! SOC Champs and Sectional Champs!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congratulations to both teams. Great game to watch. Peake playing short handed gritted it out to survive and advance. One at a time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Chesapeake on there win over Wheelersburg in the District Semifinals.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good game to watch. Peake hit some key buckets down the stretch. Burg lacked a go-to guy late.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to Peak on an impressive victory! Winning this Game short-handed was very impressive! Guard play wins at tournament time and Chesapeake guards won that battle!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Agree, also that the scoring is more likely to be in the 50's, rather than in the 60-70 range.
Never much doubt to me as far as Burgs scoring this year, especially when playing some of the better teams. Not the same offensive production as the past couple years, still a very good year, SOC-2 Champs, Sectional Champs, should be very good next year as well with about everyone returning.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Panthers on the win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Can anyone confirm that the Burg coach doesn’t allow lifting during basketball? If so, you can definitely see it. Burg short on shots and can’t finish through contact.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg 1-15 in the 1st qtr. Was it just good defense or the fact that Burg couldn't throw it in the ocean??

Burg shoots 40% in the 1st qtr they win this game.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 am Can anyone confirm that the Burg coach doesn’t allow lifting during basketball? If so, you can definitely see it. Burg short on shots and can’t finish through contact.
Yes this is very much true, says it messes up their shots..

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 am Burg 1-15 in the 1st qtr. Was it just good defense or the fact that Burg couldn't throw it in the ocean??

And if Peake doesn't miss 8-10 layups in the first half it is a blowout.

If my aunt had a ................

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:49 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 am Burg 1-15 in the 1st qtr. Was it just good defense or the fact that Burg couldn't throw it in the ocean??

And if Peake doesn't miss 8-10 layups in the first half it is a blowout.

If my aunt had a ................
This^^^^ i couldnt believe they missed so many layups. was very impressed with peakes ball pressure

Return to “Boys Basketball”