Wheelersburg Technical

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg Technical

Post by wobycat »

That’s not the argument. The argument is whether the T was actually on the player. So far it seems inconclusive

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

I was about 10 feet from the person who yelled "Blow the whistle!". It was 1000% somebody in the crowd. Not the bench

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

LeftHanded wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 am I was about 10 feet from the person who yelled "Blow the whistle!". It was 1000% somebody in the crowd. Not the bench
Are you talking about the man in the red? That is who I seen other burg people pointing at from where i sitting two sections over.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I thoroughly enjoy the argument from people in the stands who can hear nothing that is said on the court lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:00 pm I thoroughly enjoy the argument from people in the stands who can hear nothing that is said on the court lol
That may be true but when around 10 people including the radio makes reference to it, then it’s a viable argument.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Yet another game "decided by the refs." I just wish some of these experts on here would get a whistle and a striped shirt and start calling games. They would be so good no one would have any reason to scream at them.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

We all have watched the 3 officials sign the scorebook before each and every game, regular season as well as tournament games. I guess the only way that anyone is ever really going to know the real reason as to why the technical was called, would be to ask the official that made the call, or one of the other members of the crew. If there is that much doubt as to why the Technical was called, I'm pretty sure that the OHSAA would be able to provide an answer if asked, in other words they would know the officials that did the game. How many different reasons have we already heard as to what really happened, and I'm sure we are going to hear a lot more.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:33 pm Yet another game "decided by the refs." I just wish some of these experts on here would get a whistle and a striped shirt and start calling games. They would be so good no one would have any reason to scream at them.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:
You’re not looking at the thread correctly. The original poster wanted to clarify the call. The ref could’ve easily made a mistake.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Well I can assure you that officials don't "T" up fans (spectators). If we were to "T" up fans (spectators) the high school basketball game would last 3-4 hours. LOL I can also assure you that many of us can't even hear the fans screaming @ the Convo. This whole topic on here is Ludicrous.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

games that I watched yesterday, I thought the teams that played a tougher schedule in regular season, did very well. Most downplay tough non league schedules and I know most fans don’t like 10-10 or 12-10 seasons, but if post season success is more important, some need to beef up
schedules

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg had 31 other minutes to put peake away. Getting blocked 5 times in the first 5 possessions had more to do it with then a tech

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

I know the offical well and I will not ask him what happened for this thread. But I can tell you he is not going to T someone up unless he knows who said it.

The bench never argued the T until the photographer started pointing around. then the Coach and players started to do the same. Coach was still talking to the official when they came back down the floor and he pointed to the stands to try and say it was a student and I could read the official's lips as he said " I know who said it!" and the coach pointed to the stands and he said "No it wasnt" and laughed.

I think most will agree that the Peake won that game on sheer speed...and basketball talent.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:17 pm I know the offical well and I will not ask him what happened for this thread. But I can tell you he is not going to T someone up unless he knows who said it.

The bench never argued the T until the photographer started pointing around. then the Coach and players started to do the same. Coach was still talking to the official when they came back down the floor and he pointed to the stands to try and say it was a student and I could read the official's lips as he said " I know who said it!" and the coach pointed to the stands and he said "No it wasnt" and laughed.

I think most will agree that the Peake won that game on sheer speed...and basketball talent.
Well, I know that photographer and he never misses a call. So, if I were to wager on this I'd bet if the photographer said it was a kid in the stands it was a kid in the stands. :shock:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I agree it had Zero to do with the outcome.... was just a odd call..... i thought to myself when it happened... That was weird!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

We was in the front row and it was obvious that the player said something I don't know if it was directed at the ref or just the wrong words in the heat of the moment.

Burg coach was pretty close and never put up an argument.

And I will not be coming back to this thread.Lol

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I love it!!! The so called super stars are taken care of at Home and can get away with anything...At the Convo on da big stage the refs aren't intimidated by THE BURG...Chesapeake was no doubt the best team. The T had no play in who won game. The 3 point win wasn't as close as score indicated..peak lead 10 very late was coasting..3 at end made game seem Closer..I'll say this then I'm finished..If this game had been at Burg peak would have lost..No doubt in my mind..The steals and fouls by Burg who would had 3 open layups wouldnt have been called at Burg..The shoving in paint called on Burg wouldnt have been called like it was at Burg.Best team won....If Peak had made the 14 layups they missed they would won by 20 plus!!! OVC FLEXED THEIR MUSCLE AT BASKETBALL 30!!!!!!!!

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

darn man!!! It sucks that you can’t just ask a simple question in hope that somebody may have some insight on it or a simple reply. All these intelligent keyboard bad asses that know EVERYTHING about the game of basketball or past games or conferences or if it affected the game or not. It’s a simple discussion.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:17 pm I know the offical well and I will not ask him what happened for this thread. But I can tell you he is not going to T someone up unless he knows who said it.

The official also just happen to be directly in front of all his peers and fellow referees. And quite possible the coordinator who grades his performance either that game or the whole year. Us referees do make mistakes and I also know some are about the paycheck and lack basketball wisdom. Even if the fan said blow your whistle and the players says yeah right or for real. Does that merit a technical? BTW Cody the young ref carried that crew. The same technical ref missed a foul on top that Cody saved him. Come on man!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

lol, Now we are reading lips SMH

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

reading lips rather than assuming the referee missed the correct call...YUP

Return to “Boys Basketball”