Eastern pike at Clay

brown22
Varsity

Re: Eastern pike at Clay

Post by brown22 »

yep the eagles are loaded with talent also like to say how well quentin alley has been playing coming in and getting some big boards and playing great.defense coach has this team playing great defense and motivates them to leave it all out on the floor he is a great coach.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Dicwag22,
Completely disagree about the 1-1 play , I haven't seen any of the eagle players play 1-1 game this year , In Fact I think their have been times when they should have taken a shot instead of passing , and just because they lost doesn't mean eastern played poorly vs valley , valley is a good team that beat burg by 20 tonite on the road, I thought eastern played well that night they just didn't get some shots to fall late.
Brown22,
Right on about Quentin alley he has given the team some huge minutes coming in off the bench and is a solid all around player , and also Ethan Montgomery gives the eagles solid minutes off the bench , he really hustles , and will knock down shots if u leave him open.
Go eagles!!!

IWacthFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWacthFromTheStands »

Eastern looked good tonight. Played good physical defense along with some really good shooting. Clay could have pulled out a victory tonight, but too many misses down low and foul trouble hurt them a lot. Really hard fought and good game. The at Eastern game will be fun to be at also. Clay versus East next Friday at East while Eastern hosts Symmes Valley. SOC 1 will be a tough one to win this year.

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Eastern out hustled and out muscled Clay. It was a very physical, hands on game as Barrick wanted. As stated Martin and Leist play was the difference. I was impressed with both of their ability to score from inside or from 3. Leist can create his own shot with his hang time which few can do. Only Gilliland for Clay matched their intensity and led them in scoring with 18 and in rebounding. He also can score from inside or beyond the arc. King for Clay got in early foul trouble and sat pretty much the whole first half which also hurt them from a depth perspective as I think 3 of their starters had to play the whole game and we're getting worn down. Hinze started hot for them but cooled down. Rematch should be a good game.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Great win for the Eagles! We needed this one bad after dropping 2 close games this season! For only returning 1 starter from last year's team I am very pleased with their play so for this year. This young team is only gonna get better as the season goes on.

Return to “Boys Basketball”