'pausing the start of the winter sports season'

radiodavel
JV Team

'pausing the start of the winter sports season'

Post by radiodavel »

UPDATED-OHSAA sends out a survey to member schools 'pausing the start of the winter sports season' is being asked - https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... er-sports/

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 'pausing the start of the winter sports season'

Post by mlittle »

We’ll be lucky if that’s all that happens with the way these idiots have handled the pandemic so far

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

If they are sending out a survey, it doesn't look good that the season will start on time.

I can definitely see the season getting pushed back until January.
Last edited by BBALL99 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

If they are sending out a survey, it doesn't look good that the season will start on time.

I can definitely see the season getting pushed back until January.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

May not get to play at all. Fingers are crossed. But it’s slowly creeping to where it may not happen to begin with. “Pausing” for sure better Word to hear then “postponed “ or “cancelled”

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Play with limited fans inside just like volleyball.
Indiana is playing winter sports.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Kids are not at risk. They’re young healthy and in the state of Ohio have a recovery rate of 99.997. I think we’ve had 2 deaths 0-19 in Ohio since this thing started. More died from the flu last year. Sick and tired of our leaders say they are gonna listen to the science and then ignore it when it’s right in front of them.

Hate to bring politics into it but it’s like when reporters ask Trump why he won’t disavow white Nationalists and then he disavows them and they follow up with I’m asking you right now to do it for everyone to hear and he does it again and then say see he won’t do it. It’s like the truth doesn’t matter to anyone they’re just gonna push what they want to push and there isn’t a lot we can do about it. It’s the helplessness that bothers me the most. Especially looking at my sons senior season potentially being over before it started and there is really nothing I can do about it. It sucks

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

LET OUR KIDS PLAY!!!!! I can't even imagine the depression, suicides, and more that could occur if they shut down winter sports. Around here, Basketball is the biggest sport. The kids put HOURS of blood, sweat and tears in to get better. There is no off time in basketball. My son has a ball in his hand every day, weights, running, work outs etc. The seniors dreams are being crushed daily, in sports and all of the other fun things that are supposed to happen during your senior year.
With all of the healthy that get quarantined, most teams will be lucky to have a complete team all year. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

goindians42 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am LET OUR KIDS PLAY!!!!! I can't even imagine the depression, suicides, and more that could occur if they shut down winter sports. Around here, Basketball is the biggest sport. The kids put HOURS of blood, sweat and tears in to get better. There is no off time in basketball. My son has a ball in his hand every day, weights, running, work outs etc. The seniors dreams are being crushed daily, in sports and all of the other fun things that are supposed to happen during your senior year.
With all of the healthy that get quarantined, most teams will be lucky to have a complete team all year. This is absolutely heartbreaking.
Amen bro

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Reality has set in, for months our leadership has asked people to wear masks, social distance, but people refuse to obey the guidelines. I look for all schools and sports probably cancelled until at least fall of 2021. As one doctor said you can see the hurricane coming but there’s now nothing we can do. May God spare very one the,next 4-6 months until a vaccine that works comes along. Yes it will take take long for entire population to get vaccine fall of 2021. Wear your mask. Social distance wash hands,, sound familiar .. Society worldwide is now in the midst of a 3rd wave , the biggest and worst wave to come Stay safe, and hope people obey holiday guidelines of no gatherings.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:33 am Reality has set in, for months our leadership has asked people to wear masks, social distance, but people refuse to obey the guidelines. I look for all schools and sports probably cancelled until at least fall of 2021. As one doctor said you can see the hurricane coming but there’s now nothing we can do. May God spare very one the,next 4-6 months until a vaccine that works comes along. Yes it will take take long for entire population to get vaccine fall of 2021. Wear your mask. Social distance wash hands,, sound familiar .. Society worldwide is now in the midst of a 3rd wave , the biggest and worst wave to come Stay safe, and hope people obey holiday guidelines of no gatherings.
This has to be satire

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:41 am
Prime Time wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:33 am Reality has set in, for months our leadership has asked people to wear masks, social distance, but people refuse to obey the guidelines. I look for all schools and sports probably cancelled until at least fall of 2021. As one doctor said you can see the hurricane coming but there’s now nothing we can do. May God spare very one the,next 4-6 months until a vaccine that works comes along. Yes it will take take long for entire population to get vaccine fall of 2021. Wear your mask. Social distance wash hands,, sound familiar .. Society worldwide is now in the midst of a 3rd wave , the biggest and worst wave to come Stay safe, and hope people obey holiday guidelines of no gatherings.
This has to be satire
It isn’t 🙄

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

West Virginia just pushed winter sports to Jan 11. They are finishing all of their fall tournaments though.
Indiana is planning on full go with all sports, but limited spectators.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

If people would have done what was asked of them months ago we wouldn’t be going through this. Don’t blame Governor Dewine or President Trump. Look in the mirror, that’s who is to blame.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I blame the one who New 2 months before it hit and did not a dam thing,

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:53 am I blame the one who New 2 months before it hit and did not a dam thing,
I assume your speaking of lab workers in wuhan

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Stan Smith wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:01 pm
Geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:53 am I blame the one who New 2 months before it hit and did not a dam thing,
I assume your speaking of lab workers in wuhan
Facts

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:27 pm If people would have done what was asked of them months ago we wouldn’t be going through this. Don’t blame Governor Dewine or President Trump. Look in the mirror, that’s who is to blame.
I’m blaming the people who have caged us up thinking they could play God and actually control a virus. You blame who you want

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bozo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:05 pm West Virginia just pushed winter sports to Jan 11. They are finishing all of their fall tournaments though.
Indiana is planning on full go with all sports, but limited spectators.
Ohio will soon follow

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

We've missed you since all of your summer predictions went wrong. Giving it the old college try I see, cancelled until fall of 2021?? I see you've learned nothing. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”