Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio Week #3

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio Week #3

Post by pfloyd »

FIDO wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:59 pm Thanks again for the time and effort it takes to be as fair and unbiased as one can possibly be, especially since most have differing opinions based off our own biases.

I also love reading the bantering from those supporting their team with fact based opinion. KUDOS!!!
... thanks FIDO for reading & posting on the thread ! ... I wonder sometimes if anyone actually reads the thread - since there really isn't as many hits as there used to be on the thread - less traffic for sure , we used to have over 4,000 hits per week ! now not even close ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:33 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:59 pm Thanks again for the time and effort it takes to be as fair and unbiased as one can possibly be, especially since most have differing opinions based off our own biases.

I also love reading the bantering from those supporting their team with fact based opinion. KUDOS!!!
... thanks FIDO for reading & posting on the thread ! ... I wonder sometimes if anyone actually reads the thread - since there really isn't as many hits as there used to be on the thread - less traffic for sure , we used to have over 4,000 hits per week ! now not even close ...
I wonder if the fact that folks aren’t really able get to games in person mixed with the typical cycling through parents moving on.

Would like to see some more traffic.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The views on here and Yappi have been down. Hopefully the vaccine gets everything back to normal

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

You see back before social media was huge we actually had to find websites to have discussions on instead of making a post on FB. SEOPS been a victim of this for a while now.

Every forum that’s still active that I’ve been on for 8-14 years only has a few core people still on it regularly with the occasional new person jumping in. I don’t know how to fix it honestly. Literally everyone in Webster reads this but I’m the only person who posts more than 5 times a year. I know they all read it because they know who Swank is In real life and people who DONT post here will bring my comments up sometimes

I’m sure Rona isn’t helping

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:43 pm You see back before social media was huge we actually had to find websites to have discussions on instead of making a post on FB. SEOPS been a victim of this for a while now.

Every forum that’s still active that I’ve been on for 8-14 years only has a few core people still on it regularly with the occasional new person jumping in. I don’t know how to fix it honestly. Literally everyone in Webster reads this but I’m the only person who posts more than 5 times a year.

I know. A lot of people read Preps but don’t post. I’m like if I can post, anyone can post

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Great work this week Pfloyd. The Indians had a good week but it could have been even better with the upset against Peebles. Western struggled to shoot the ball. I thought they missed a lot of open shots that they hit against PV and Clay. The Indians struggled at the beginning of the season with their first two losses, but seem to have found something.

Peebles will be very good this year. Once they get some games under their belt I see them being able to really disrupt teams by using their length.

It will be interesting to see how this Western team grows this season. Taking Peebles down to the wire and seeing how they play against New Boston will tell how good this team could be in D4.

Very interested in the Peebles vs Eastern Brown game. Eastern has owned everyone they have played this year, and with the discipline they have I see it being very difficult for Peebles to knock them off.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great list as always pfloyd. I appreciate all that you do for SEO basketball.

Just my personal opinion I think:

- New Boston is too high.. They couldn't beat Adena, Jackson, Unioto, Eastern Brown etc.. very good D4 team with Sexton in the middle who's a PLAYER but I can't see them over some of the teams I just listed.

- Eastern Brown too low... They'll climb in your rankings. Returned nearly the entire squad from last year with added strength/muscle now. I look for them to end the season undefeated or only 1 loss.. THAT good.

- Anxious to see how Trimble progresses through the year. They're fine where they're at now, but they could climb.

- Ironton at #34 is too low. They have some youth that can play and their combo of seniors (Hopper, Hacker, Barnes) are very good. West and Masters both move in's coming off the bench. They have a chance to really surprise people.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:43 pm You see back before social media was huge we actually had to find websites to have discussions on instead of making a post on FB. SEOPS been a victim of this for a while now.

Every forum that’s still active that I’ve been on for 8-14 years only has a few core people still on it regularly with the occasional new person jumping in. I don’t know how to fix it honestly. Literally everyone in Webster reads this but I’m the only person who posts more than 5 times a year.

I know. A lot of people read Preps but don’t post. I’m like if I can post, anyone can post
The part that baffles me is you can remain anonymous if you choose. So you can make a fool of yourself and no one will know.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:39 pm

The part that baffles me is you can remain anonymous if you choose. So you can make a fool of yourself and no one will know.
Something you wouldn’t know about obviously 😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Something you wouldn’t know about obviously 😂
Well... I’m comfortable putting myself out there. If others aren’t that’s understandable but we could sure use some more posters on here.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

We need Mattash back. Where is Mattash.

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

From RHHS AD Barry Litteral:

All high school boys basketball games including Freshman, JV and varsity games for the next 2 weeks will be postponed.
Games being postponed to later dates:
JV & Varsity games being postponed:
12/15 at Coal Grove
12/18 at Portsmouth
12/19 vs Oak Hill
12/22 at Symmes Valley
12/23 vs Southeastern

Freshmen games being postponed:
12/16 vs South Point
12/21 at Gallia

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Western24 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:23 am Great work this week Pfloyd. The Indians had a good week but it could have been even better with the upset against Peebles. Western struggled to shoot the ball. I thought they missed a lot of open shots that they hit against PV and Clay. The Indians struggled at the beginning of the season with their first two losses, but seem to have found something.

Peebles will be very good this year. Once they get some games under their belt I see them being able to really disrupt teams by using their length.

It will be interesting to see how this Western team grows this season. Taking Peebles down to the wire and seeing how they play against New Boston will tell how good this team could be in D4.

Very interested in the Peebles vs Eastern Brown game. Eastern has owned everyone they have played this year, and with the discipline they have I see it being very difficult for Peebles to knock them off.
Thanks Western24 - I watched the Western vs Peebles game last night on replay! I posted to Hoopie74 - Western opened up a double digit lead in the first half !, then Peebles with their bigs got things back to where it was a good game as I posted a 3 point game in Peebles favor with 1:45 and change to play in the game ... I'll definitely be watching Western again on live stream throughout the season to keep up with their progress - they're a team that can give NB some trouble in January ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Western24 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:23 am Great work this week Pfloyd. The Indians had a good week but it could have been even better with the upset against Peebles. Western struggled to shoot the ball. I thought they missed a lot of open shots that they hit against PV and Clay. The Indians struggled at the beginning of the season with their first two losses, but seem to have found something.

Thanks Western24 - I watched the Western vs Peebles game last night on replay! I posted to Hoopie74 - Western opened up a double digit lead in the first half !, then Peebles with their bigs got things back to where it was a good game as I posted a 3 point game in Peebles favor with 1:45 and change to play in the game ... I'll definitely be watching Western again on live stream throughout the season to keep up with their progress - they're a team that can give NB some trouble in January ...
Hope they both do well. They are. Neighbors. I just wish Peebles could get some games in. One game spread out this far apart does not allow you to grow as a team.The Eastern game at Eastern will be a challenge for the Indians. Hopefully the second game for Peebles will be a bit more polished. If not it might get bad.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hard for me to think that teams who don't get some games in will ever be able to truly compete.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Valley getting all this love for one reason...I don't need to mention why anyone who surfs through on a semi-regular basis knows why....At 2-2 most other teams aren't noticed... The same Coaches butts are kissed from start of season to the end.....I know this is the age of political correctness where most posters wont tell it like it is for fear of being labeled a hater, bigot, or racist...Lets give some other Coaches a little love when their team comes back and wins a game or shows a little fight....I know I get tired of reading how great and handful of Coaches are....Their great at winning with talent and just as good at losing as the other 60 Coaches when they don't have it......

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:47 pm Valley getting all this love for one reason...I don't need to mention why anyone who surfs through on a semi-regular basis knows why....At 2-2 most other teams aren't noticed... The same Coaches butts are kissed from start of season to the end.....I know this is the age of political correctness where most posters wont tell it like it is for fear of being labeled a hater, bigot, or racist...Lets give some other Coaches a little love when their team comes back and wins a game or shows a little fight....I know I get tired of reading how great and handful of Coaches are....Their great at winning with talent and just as good at losing as the other 60 Coaches when they don't have it......
Where would you have Valley? I had them at #22. Coached in elementary years against that group that are sophomores and Valley has some talented kids. Their coach isn’t part of where I have them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Warren may be the easiest #1 ranking you've had to decide on in quite awhile Floyd. Juuusss sayin. lol

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:47 pm Valley getting all this love for one reason...I don't need to mention why anyone who surfs through on a semi-regular basis knows why....At 2-2 most other teams aren't noticed... The same Coaches butts are kissed from start of season to the end.....I know this is the age of political correctness where most posters wont tell it like it is for fear of being labeled a hater, bigot, or racist...Lets give some other Coaches a little love when their team comes back and wins a game or shows a little fight....I know I get tired of reading how great and handful of Coaches are....Their great at winning with talent and just as good at losing as the other 60 Coaches when they don't have it......
Instead of complaining why don't you give your coach some love or those coaches you feel are deserving of love. Just because pfloyd says it so doesn't make it so. However, he probably knows most of the teams pros/cons in the quadrant than any other person on this site.

Let's hear what ya gotta say. Batter up!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Ironman I have no idea where they should be....My point is I know several teams in past years who were ranked in that area or higher that were pretty talented teams. Not one time did I hear the Coaches named mentioned as a reason they were ranked that high. In fact I never knew a lot of their names..I knew players names. PFfloyd never mentioned Coaches name on these teams and if he did it was brief and not enough butt kissing that I caught the name. These teams with Coaches who are put on a pedestal are shown favoritism in rankings and headlines and butt kissed to the point it gets sickening... Bla Bla Bla lead teams are smart savy and well Coached!!!! Bla BLa BLa.You been here long enough to know who I'm talking about....

Return to “Boys Basketball”