Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio Week #4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio Week #4

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:39 pm I92 ... I'm thinking we're done with games until AFTER Sunday ? - no games Saturday night I wouldn't think ... earliest might be Monday the 28th ... May need to do a Week #5/Christmas Ranking here shortly for the Week that IS ...
... naaaaahhhhhh ! I'm waiting to post the rankings on Sunday as usual ... give folks some time to add to this weeks rankings and give me reasons to move teams up and/or down the rankings ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:45 pm Next week I will have my eye on the Lancers as they finally get back on the court.

Tues @ Marietta (interesting game)
Wed @ Belpre
Sat @ Alexander
... have the Lancers been able to practice during this period of postponed games ???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:39 pm I92 ... I'm thinking we're done with games until AFTER Sunday ? - no games Saturday night I wouldn't think ... earliest might be Monday the 28th ... May need to do a Week #5/Christmas Ranking here shortly for the Week that IS ...
I’ve had a lot of teams bouncing around from just this week. A better understanding of the TVC Ohio.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:45 pm Next week I will have my eye on the Lancers as they finally get back on the court.

Wed @ Belpre
Sat @ Alexander
... have the Lancers been able to practice during this period of postponed games ???
I'm not sure. If they had cases within the team I'm gonna guess no. But I don't know for certain their situation.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:22 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Wed @ Belpre
Sat @ Alexander
I'm not sure. If they had cases within the team I'm gonna guess no. But I don't know for certain their situation.
... Logan doesn't play until 1/5 ... they were practicing up through last Friday ... not sure if they are practicing this week or not - I would assume they are if they will be playing on the Tuesday that school starts back up ... after this week with Portsmouth playing 2 games this week, ISJ playing this week, South Point played last night their first game of the year, Portsmouth East played a couple of games this week ... the only teams not having played (although some are in FH's situation having played then shutdown ) at all are Chillicothe and Logan the 2 D1 teams in the Southeast District who play their post season at the Central District post season party ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wed @ Belpre
Sat @ Alexander
Should certainly win 2 of 3....all road games so could have a slip up in a tough environment (is that a thing this year?)

I think if they win at Etta, they take all 3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:46 pm
... naaaaahhhhhh ! I'm waiting to post the rankings on Sunday as usual ... give folks some time to add to this weeks rankings and give me reasons to move teams up and/or down the rankings ...
A Christmas List would be fun

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

One of the positives about all of the live streams is being able to see many of the freshmen/jv teams out there - I would see those for the games I traveled to see but not the number I'm seeing now - heck many of the 7th & 8th games are being live streamed as well ... there's some really good talent out there ! Unioto is loaded for the foreseeable future ... Warren & Jackson's freshmen/JV teams are very good with some great talent ... Chesapeake & Fairland are very talented ... who else have you seen that has talent coming up through the ranks that will impact the varsity squads next year ?

Thebabybull
Freshman Team

Post by Thebabybull »

North Adams 90 West Union 41

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:43 pm One of the positives about all of the live streams is being able to see many of the freshmen/jv teams out there - I would see those for the games I traveled to see but not the number I'm seeing now - heck many of the 7th & 8th games are being live streamed as well ... there's some really good talent out there ! Unioto is loaded for the foreseeable future ... Warren & Jackson's freshmen/JV teams are very good with some great talent ... Chesapeake & Fairland are very talented ... who else have you seen that has talent coming up through the ranks that will impact the varsity squads next year ?
Catch the South Webster 8th grade sometime....a kid with some elite SE district genetics will stand out

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thebabybull wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am North Adams 90 West Union 41
There you go lol

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

It was posted on Logan Elm’s sports page that they can resume all athletic events on 12/28. Boys Varsity doesn’t play again until 01/05 against Bexley. I don’t know if they will try and make up any postponed games before then. Hopefully everyone stays safe and has a good Christmas!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:43 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:43 pm One of the positives about all of the live streams is being able to see many of the freshmen/jv teams out there - I would see those for the games I traveled to see but not the number I'm seeing now - heck many of the 7th & 8th games are being live streamed as well ... there's some really good talent out there ! Unioto is loaded for the foreseeable future ... Warren & Jackson's freshmen/JV teams are very good with some great talent ... Chesapeake & Fairland are very talented ... who else have you seen that has talent coming up through the ranks that will impact the varsity squads next year ?
Catch the South Webster 8th grade sometime....a kid with some elite SE district genetics will stand out
He’s watched a couple of our games on the feed. Eli Is 6’4 and is probably averaging around 25ppg. Really good shooter from three and can handle the ball really well.
Gets a dunk about every game. If he hits 6’7+ and puts some body on, he could well end up with the likes of Thoroughman and Aldridge.

Minfords 8th grade team is the best in the league hands down though. Montgomery could be a force in varsity if he grows up some but he reminds of Levi Cook a lot. Fast as lightning and can shoot anywhere

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:27 pm
He’s watched a couple of our games on the feed. Eli Is 6’4 and is probably averaging around 25ppg. Really good shooter from three and can handle the ball really well.
Gets a dunk about every game. If he hits 6’7+ and puts some body on, he could well end up with the likes of Thoroughman and Aldridge.

Minfords 8th grade team is the best in the league hands down though. Montgomery could be a force in varsity if he grows up some but he reminds of Levi Cook a lot. Fast as lightning and can shoot anywhere
Thoroughman had trouble getting out of the sectionals....Aldridge of course won state and had huge postseasons

Cam did well at WVU....how did Aldridge do in college?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland plays @ Buckeye Valley on 12/28.

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Thoroughman had trouble getting out of the sectionals....Aldridge of course won state and had huge postseasons

Had a great freshman year, got beat out for Freshman of the Year by some fellow named Curry, I think Stephen Curry was his name. Never heard anything about him again though

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Had a great freshman year, got beat out for Freshman of the Year by some fellow named Curry, I think Stephen Curry was his name. Never heard anything about him again though
Political

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Him and Waginger went to Western Carolina since Huggy left Cincinnati.
He transferred out to Mountain State after a season with WCU. Pretty much dominated for a couple years but never went anywhere in the USA. Played a couple seasons in Aussie Land.

And yes he did get beat out by Steph lol

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Pfloyd. Portsmouth 0-1. Got blew out by 28. Personally they should be grouped with the
End of table
Teams. Yes even with 4 starters back

Return to “Boys Basketball”