Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Boosters. Webster has Jeep Jackpot.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg at Waverly 01-05-21

Post by Ukfanatic »

Really good game by two really good teams. Waverly couldn’t buy a shot at the end. Burg hung around and made the plays in the 4th quarter. Really nice win. Was nice to see this one live! Really eerie to be in a quiet gym for a wheelersburg waverly basketball game. Will be a great rematch at burg!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Someone posted on here a while back asking why no one hardly talks on seops anymore, from this thread its easy to see why! Complaining about a schools streaming service, during an unprecedented time in our history! Too many assholes on here anymore for me! See ya preps!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 pm Congrats on the $24 tonight Waverly

Is that seriously all the people that paid to watch? That's hilarious if that's true.

Does Waverly do a fundraiser like Burg has Pirate Treasure and most of the other schools in the SOC now have something. If your community won't pitch in for a fundraiser for your athletics then you have a problem. Burg has been doing Pirate Treasure for 28 years and if my calculations are correct have brought in close to $625,000 for Burg athletics. Over a half million dollars. That's an insane amount of money
Can you give a quick summary of what the Pirate Treasure fundraiser is?

They sell 400 tickets at $125 each. You can pay an extra $10 for split the pot. They then pick the numbers randomly with every 10th ticket winning at least $100. The last 6 tickets are big money winners. $500,$500, $1000, $1500, $2500 and last grand prize of $5000. They usually have a party at the Life center with food, alcohol and dancing. Big party and a great fundraiser for Burg athletics.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 am Someone posted on here a while back asking why no one hardly talks on seops anymore, from this thread its easy to see why! Complaining about a schools streaming service, during an unprecedented time in our history! Too many assholes on here anymore for me! See ya preps!
see ya

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good win for BURG. Waverly's lack of games being played may have been a factor down the stretch. Not sure. Round 2 will be a good one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 am Someone posted on here a while back asking why no one hardly talks on seops anymore, from this thread its easy to see why! Complaining about a schools streaming service, during an unprecedented time in our history! Too many assholes on here anymore for me! See ya preps!
Peace out don’t let the door hit ya sissy boy

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Coming from someone whose been on here for almost 17 years and the majority of their small post count is in the dumb forum number game. Thanks for your contribution 😙🤡

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I look at it like someone buying up all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer than tripling the price to make a buck
just doesn't seem right to charge fans for streaming in times like these

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I don’t see an issue with charging for streaming. But I really don’t care either way

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Last time I checked it takes money to run these programs.

Boosters and Athletic Departments making very little this year.

Most folks donate to the program when asked, what is the difference?

Just typical folks who want everything for free. Takes money to make this stuff go.

I gladly donate to help the school system whenever I can.

Some of you need to grow up on here.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:08 pm Last time I checked it takes money to run these programs.

Boosters and Athletic Departments making very little this year.

Most folks donate to the program when asked, what is the difference?

Just typical folks who want everything for free. Takes money to make this stuff go.

I gladly donate to help the school system whenever I can.

Some of you need to grow up on here.
My thing is people pay to go to games and watch. Spend money on gas and concessions. Paying for a live stream really shouldn’t be a big deal

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Right, shouldn't be a big deal. I assume Waverly, like other schools has streamed games for a few years now? Have they always charged for their streams? They would probably make more money if they took "donations" instead of charging 8 bucks, more people would watch and at least give a few bucks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who cares if they charge? Radio is free

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 pm Who cares if they charge? Radio is free
I agree!

I also agree with mlittle. You were going to pay more for gas, admission, and concessions if you went in person. $8 probably saved you money to be honest.

These are unprecedented times, yes. But schools (athletic departments anyway) are taking a huge hit with little to no gates this year. If this helps recoup some of those losses then let it be. Typically that money goes for kids jerseys, shoes etc. so I’m all for it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:56 pm
I agree!

I also agree with mlittle. You were going to pay more for gas, admission, and concessions if you went in person. $8 probably saved you money to be honest.

These are unprecedented times, yes. But schools (athletic departments anyway) are taking a huge hit with little to no gates this year. If this helps recoup some of those losses then let it be. Typically that money goes for kids jerseys, shoes etc. so I’m all for it.

Did you all not read my post about Pirate Treasure? It is a fundraiser Wheelersburg has been doing since 1992. They have raised over a half million dollars since then. If you are relying on just what you are getting from the gate you’re athletic program is probably hurting for money.

I’ve watched some of the live streams and most of them have done a great job, some of them even using HS kids to do commentary on the games. I don’t think any of them were worth $8 though. Like someone said, radio is free.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

They’ve been streaming the junior high games. Doesn’t a ticket to JH cost the same?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Athletics isnt free. I was disappointed the state charged for football playoff but it makes perfectly good sense for local districts to charge for service. But, only if 100% of funds support the district's athletic program.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:56 pm
I agree!

Did you all not read my post about Pirate Treasure? It is a fundraiser Wheelersburg has been doing since 1992. They have raised over a half million dollars since then. If you are relying on just what you are getting from the gate you’re athletic program is probably hurting for money.

I’ve watched some of the live streams and most of them have done a great job, some of them even using HS kids to do commentary on the games. I don’t think any of them were worth $8 though. Like someone said, radio is free.
I am well aware of what Pirate Treasure is, I have attended it in the past.

Regardless of that type of fundraiser, where do you think the money for admissions has went the previous years? It goes to the athletic departments. This year is no different. Therefore, there is clearly going to be less money coming in than years past. Trying to recoup that money by having a fee for the stream seems perfectly fine with me. Again, compared to gas/admission/concessions you're actually saving money compared to going to the games.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:23 am Regardless of that type of fundraiser, where do you think the money for admissions has went the previous years? It goes to the athletic departments. This year is no different. Therefore, there is clearly going to be less money coming in than years past. Trying to recoup that money by having a fee for the stream seems perfectly fine with me. Again, compared to gas/admission/concessions you're actually saving money compared to going to the games.
100% agree that is probably costs less money, but it is just the idea that only 1 school is charging for the streaming service that rubs some people the wrong way. Basically the same as Jackson charging for parking......and that horse has been beat many times on here

Return to “Boys Basketball”