SE District Information

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

SE District Information

Post by AHS_Stephens »

https://www.ohsaa.org/Southeast-Sports- ... tball-Boys

Division I, Sectional Tournament
Schools: Chillicothe and Logan (2) Assigned to Central District

Division II, Sectional Tournaments – Four (4) winners from a Super-Sectional alignment advance to the District Tournament. Teams will be assigned sites and bracket placements based on NCAA brackets following the seeding.

Schools: Athens, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Gallia Academy, Hillsboro, Jackson, Logan Elm, Marietta, McClain, Miami Trace, New Lexington, Sheridan, Unioto, Vinton County, Warren, Washington C.H., Waverly. (17)
2-20 (7:00) – 2/25 (7:00) SITES TBD.

Division II, District Tournament – 3-4 (7:00) - 3-6 (7:00) SITES TBD
Two (2) winners advance to the regional tournament.

Division III, Sectional Tournaments – Eight (8) winners from a Super-Sectional alignment advance to the District Tournament. Teams will be assigned sites and bracket placements based on NCAA brackets following the seeding.
Schools: Adena, Alexander, Belpre, Chesapeake, Crooksville, Dawson-Bryant, Eastern (Brown), Fairland, Huntington, Ironton, Lynchburg-Clay, Meigs, Minford, Nelsonville-York, North Adams, Northwest, Oak Hill, Piketon, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, River Valley, Rock Hill, South Point, Southeastern, Wellston, West Union, Westfall, Wheelersburg, Zane Trace. (29)
2-22 (7:00) --2-26 (7:00) SITES TBD

Division III, District Tournament – 3-2 (7:00 ) – 3-5 (7:00) SITES TBD
Two (2) winners advance to the regional tournament.

Division IV Sectional Tournaments – Eight (8) winners from a Super-Sectional alignment advance to the District Tournament. Teams will be assigned sites and bracket placements based on NCAA brackets following the seeding.
Schools: Clay, Eastern (Pike), Eastern (Meigs), Fairfield (Leesburg), Federal Hocking, Glenwood, Green, Manchester, Miller, Notre Dame, Paint Valley, Peebles, Sciotoville Community, South Gallia, South Webster, Southern, St Joseph Central, Symmes Valley, Trimble, Valley, Waterford, Western, Whiteoak. (23)
2-24 (7:00) – 2-27 (7:00) SITES TBD

Division IV, District Tournament – 3-3 (7:00) – 3-6 (7:00) SITES TBD
Two (2) winners advance to regional tournament.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SE District Information

Post by danicalifornia »

Stupid. They said we would get 2 district champs in D2 back in June. Shouldn’t be able to do takesies-backsies in a pandemic

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm Stupid. They said we would get 2 district champs in D2 back in June. Shouldn’t be able to do takesies-backsies in a pandemic
It’s confusing....says two teams advance to regionals

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:57 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm Stupid. They said we would get 2 district champs in D2 back in June. Shouldn’t be able to do takesies-backsies in a pandemic
That’s what I get for not reading the whole thing

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 pm
Still confusing based on how D3 is worded

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:59 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Still confusing based on how D3 is worded

If 2 winners advance to Regionals then 8 teams need to advance to the district.... it says 4 advance to district which isn't correct

Watching SE Ohio basketball
football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

if you look at the bracket and discard the wording, its 8 teams from sectional advancing to the district . then 2 district winners moving on to regionals. The most surprising thing to me is , its giving CONVO info on there as well???? I thought the CONVO was out this year?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

football life wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:23 pm if you look at the bracket and discard the wording, its 8 teams from sectional advancing to the district . then 2 district winners moving on to regionals. The most surprising thing to me is , its giving CONVO info on there as well???? I thought the CONVO was out this year?
I thought the same thing about the Convo. Maybe just Regionals will be there. 🤞

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm
football life wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:23 pm if you look at the bracket and discard the wording, its 8 teams from sectional advancing to the district . then 2 district winners moving on to regionals. The most surprising thing to me is , its giving CONVO info on there as well???? I thought the CONVO was out this year?
I thought the same thing about the Convo. Maybe just Regionals will be there. 🤞
Us Athens people are trying to work our magic but not looking good

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I know there are a number of potential concerns and issues with using the Convo this season given the pandemic, but it would be nice if at least the district finals could be played there for the kids. 300 fans for each game and clear it after each game.

If it can't be done, it's understandable considering what's going on.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

No it is not understandable.
It is ALL about $$$$$.
Greenbacks make the world go round.

Does the SE District Board have to pay money to use the Convo? If they do, only a few people let into the games. There is your answer. Also, OU can't make any money off parking if there is only 50 cars there. They will play the Districts at high schools where they don't have to pay anything.

Return to “Boys Basketball”