SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

mlittle
SEOP

Re: SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

Post by mlittle »

Bozo wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:34 pm What happened to the flu?
It was replaced when covid started paying so well.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 pm Turning out to be a 2 horse race with a big game next Saturday in Frankfort.

Unioto and Adena are the only two teams IMO to be above average this year. Both these teams should be convo bound.

Piketon & Zane Trace are simply average. Piketon can’t get over that hump against a good team. They have no quality wins other than Trimble. Zane Trace has had a tough schedule & proven they can compete but was non competitive at Piketon recently.

Southeastern & Pv have talent but just can’t seem to get it going this year. Both have underachieved.

Westfall is competitive against the lower half of the league but that’s it.

Huntington is just bad sorry but it is what it is
Don't know much about PV, but SE is in their 3rd or 4th quarantine of the season. Their young, and haven't had much of an opportunity to build any continuity. Missing that much practice time has really hurt them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:45 am
Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 pm Turning out to be a 2 horse race with a big game next Saturday in Frankfort.

Unioto and Adena are the only two teams IMO to be above average this year. Both these teams should be convo bound.

Piketon & Zane Trace are simply average. Piketon can’t get over that hump against a good team. They have no quality wins other than Trimble. Zane Trace has had a tough schedule & proven they can compete but was non competitive at Piketon recently.

Southeastern & Pv have talent but just can’t seem to get it going this year. Both have underachieved.

Westfall is competitive against the lower half of the league but that’s it.

Huntington is just bad sorry but it is what it is
Don't know much about PV, but SE is in their 3rd or 4th quarantine of the season. Their young, and haven't had much of an opportunity to build any continuity. Missing that much practice time has really hurt them.
SE Piketon and ZT all in their 3rd quarantine I believe.

I wouldn’t say SE is young. That group has played varsity since freshman year together. I guess not having seniors could be considered young but they have plenty of varsity minutes behind them. Regardless, the quarantine still hurts.

PV is the biggest head scratcher for me when you see some of the talent they put on the court.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace (5-8) games next week off quarantine.

All home

Tues: Logan Elm
Fri: Adena
Sat: Piketon

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bozo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:00 pm Zane Trace (5-8) games next week off quarantine.

All home

Brutal

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

Bozo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:00 pm Zane Trace (5-8) games next week off quarantine.

All home

That sounds like a fun week for them :shock:

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Tie at the top. Not a pretty game in The Village, but a good one.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:57 pm Tie at the top. Not a pretty game in The Village, but a good one.
They let em play that’s for sure. Usually makes for ugly games.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Adena’s game plan of slowing the game down worked well for three quarters. Unioto just ran out of time but had a couple good looks late that just wouldn’t fall. I felt the officiating wasn’t great but fair both ways.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:24 am Adena’s game plan of slowing the game down worked well for three quarters. Unioto just ran out of time but had a couple good looks late that just wouldn’t fall. I felt the officiating wasn’t great but fair both ways.
Well said

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:24 am Adena’s game plan of slowing the game down worked well for three quarters. Unioto just ran out of time but had a couple good looks late that just wouldn’t fall. I felt the officiating wasn’t great but fair both ways.
The officiating wasn’t very fair IMO and a lot of others

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:30 am
Yep, I bet those officials drove all the way to Adena in their Adena letter jackets, and knew who they wanted to win before they even stepped on the floor. Quit making excuses, you simply got beat.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 am
Yep, I bet those officials drove all the way to Adena in their Adena letter jackets, and knew who they wanted to win before they even stepped on the floor. Quit making excuses, you simply got beat.
Each team saying the same thing.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Lol. Excuses? You mean Unioto letter jackets? You must’ve watched a different game. Go Warriors!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Bruh, you aren’t even good at trolling anymore

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am

Lol. Excuses? You mean Unioto letter jackets? You must’ve watched a different game. Go Warriors!
He tries to troll mlittle each time Unioto loses, he does the same thing to Athens and Jackson fans. He doesn’t actually watch games, just comes here to try and get people fired up.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That’s an Adena parent you goof.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am
sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am

He tries to troll mlittle each time Unioto loses, he does the same thing to Athens and Jackson fans. He doesn’t actually watch games, just comes here to try and get people fired up.
LOL, regardless, blaming officials, thinking they are one sided, is just ridiculous.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 am

That’s an Adena parent you goof.
I don’t have any kids

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Here’s my problem with the officiating. And I’m not saying it’s the reason we lost before anyone jumps on my back. I’ve said the same thing after big wins as well. The officials know before the game how big the game is. They come in with the mindset to “let them play” because they don’t want their whistles to get in the way. The problem is their lack of whistles cause more damage. The physicality just evolves throughout the game. You can see it happening and by the 4th qtr. players literally can’t even move anymore, with or without the ball. Both teams end up in the bonus but the fouls being called are absolute muggings. They’ll say at the end of game “if we’d have called the game tighter there would have been 100 fouls called” they’re too arrogant to realize the game is played to the level of what they allow. If you call those fouls consistently throughout the game the players will absolutely 💯 adjust to it and you can have a cleaner game down the stretch. Perfect example of that was our Worthington Christian game. It comes to this almost every big game. Somehow it gets worse in the tournaments. The egos of some of these officials is mind boggling at times. I mean no disrespect to any officials reading. I know there are great ones out there still doing their thing. This is just one mans small opinion on whats happening across the sport.

Adena was just better last night at handling it. Their seniors (Bennett, Sykes, Garrison) just weren’t gonna let them lose at home. They were just better, tougher, and more physical. That’s a very talented, seasoned group of kids and they gutted it out last night.

Also didn’t help Little re injured his ankle in the Boro game and struggled all weekend. May have been a different result if he’s 💯 but maybe not. We turned the ball over 18 times and I credit Adena’s physicality for that and some bonehead plays from Unioto. For the second season in a row this Unioto team was underestimated and continue to prove people wrong. Would’ve loved to get that win last night but as They say. “Some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you” still proud of where our team is. There are a lot of teams that would love to be 13-4 right now 2 games from securing their 2nd league title in a row. Go Tanks!
Last edited by mlittle on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”