SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

mlittle
SEOP

Re: SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

Post by mlittle »

sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:57 am
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 am

Yep, I bet those officials drove all the way to Adena in their Adena letter jackets, and knew who they wanted to win before they even stepped on the floor. Quit making excuses, you simply got beat.
That’s an Adena parent you goof.
I don’t have any kids
Interesting

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:52 am
HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am
sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am

Lol. Excuses? You mean Unioto letter jackets? You must’ve watched a different game. Go Warriors!
He tries to troll mlittle each time Unioto loses, he does the same thing to Athens and Jackson fans. He doesn’t actually watch games, just comes here to try and get people fired up.
LOL, regardless, blaming officials, thinking they are one sided, is just ridiculous.
It was just an opinion of mine any many others

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 am
HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am

He tries to troll mlittle each time Unioto loses, he does the same thing to Athens and Jackson fans. He doesn’t actually watch games, just comes here to try and get people fired up.
LOL, regardless, blaming officials, thinking they are one sided, is just ridiculous.
Barlow is an official or related to one who thinks every ref is perfect. Couldn’t possibly believe that there are good cops and bad ones, good teachers and bad ones, good salespeople and bad ones but all good refs.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

:mrgreen:
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:00 am
sykesb2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 am

Barlow is an official or related to one who thinks every ref is perfect. Couldn’t possibly believe that there are good cops and bad ones, good teachers and bad ones, good salespeople and bad ones but all good refs.
😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

After that game last night Adena should add that win to their football record to get them to 8-0

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Kind of surprised by Easterday’s strategy of not getting Galloway involved offensively. He had very few touches.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:18 am Kind of surprised by Easterday’s strategy of not getting Galloway involved offensively. He had very few touches.
Hoops*. The Branson kid has came on strong the last 4 games. Leading us in scoring 3 out of those 4. With that and Little getting his touches along Debord there’s only so many possessions with the style we play. When a kid like Branson starts to emerge it can result in other kids numbers declining. We’re still playing the same amt of possessions. When a kid is taking 2 shots a game and then starts taking 8-12. Someone’s else’s touches are gonna drop some.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:34 am
se-alum wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:18 am Kind of surprised by Easterday’s strategy of not getting Galloway involved offensively. He had very few touches.
Hoops*. The Branson kid has came on strong the last 4 games. Leading us in scoring 3 out of those 4. With that and Little getting his touches along Debord there’s only so many possessions with the style we play. When a kid like Branson starts to emerge it can result in other kids numbers declining. We’re still playing the same amt of possessions. When a kid is taking 2 shots a game and then starts taking 8-12. Someone’s else’s touches are gonna drop some.
Lets be honest, Hoops gets the credit for Easterday’s coaching. Branson is impressive, his touches should take away from somebody not named Galloway though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:43 am
Lets be honest, Hoops gets the credit for Easterday’s coaching. Branson is impressive, his touches should take away from somebody not named Galloway though.
I don’t disagree Tay should still be getting his touches.

Ok let’s be honest Hoops and Easterday are BOTH really good at what they do. There are very few successful head coaches who don’t have great assistants. To say Hoops is getting credit for Eastedays coaching is completely idiotic.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

This is a complete idiotic statement. Let’s give Hoops credit in the fact that he lets his assistant coach (Easterday) have such a role. That can’t be said for every head coach in this league. There is a reason kids transfer to Unioto. It isn’t for the Unioto tradition or facilities. It’s cause they want to play for coach Hoops. He’s a players coach and kids love that. Btw I’m not a Unioto homer, I actually have ties to another svc school. Just stating Facts

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:38 am

This is a complete idiotic statement. Let’s give Hoops credit in the fact that he lets his assistant coach (Easterday) have such a role. That can’t be said for every head coach in this league. There is a reason kids transfer to Unioto. It isn’t for the Unioto tradition or facilities. It’s cause they want to play for coach Hoops. He’s a players coach and kids love that. Btw I’m not a Unioto homer, I actually have ties to another svc school. Just stating Facts
Plenty of room for you to be a Unioto fan over here! And like I stated before. Completely moronic of a statement. No great coach has terrible assistants. And like you said, he is comfortable enough with his own abilities that he allows his assistant to be an assistant. Easterday just adds to what Hoops already brings. My kid loves them both. They all do

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

The Emergence of the Branson kid adds a nice piece to the Unioto team. His ability to get to the rim off the dribble adds a strong dynamic to a pretty strong team. And does the Galloway kid need to be a focal point in the Unioto offense? I honestly don’t think so! His ability to rack up offensive rebounds & his defensive presence is what is most important to his team at this time IMO.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 am The Emergence of the Branson kid adds a nice piece to the Unioto team. His ability to get to the rim off the dribble adds a strong dynamic to a pretty strong team. And does the Galloway kid need to be a focal point in the Unioto offense? I honestly don’t think so! His ability to rack up offensive rebounds & his defensive presence is what is most important to his team at this time IMO.
I couldn’t agree more. He still gets touches but as a 6’5 long body he can add to that by cleaning up the glass for second chance points. That would just add another dynamic to this team that makes us that much better. But Branson gives us that 2nd kid that can create their own offense. As he emerges it should make Little’s life much easier.

Coach Shoe
Waterboy

Post by Coach Shoe »

That wasn't the prettiest game but it was certainly hard fought. Both teams have a LOT of talent. I thought McDonald gave Adena a nice boost when they needed it, and of course Sykes, Bennett, Garrison and Throckmorton are all experienced seniors who can play. Branson from Unioto is an absolute talent, no doubt about it. I also could tell right away that something was off with Little. I thought he might have been sick but I guess it was an ankle. Maybe both, who knows. That kid is going to go hard no matter what's wrong with him. He reminds me of a kid I once coached that we called Scrap Iron. Anyway, if they can stay healthy both teams are going to be tough outs in the tournament.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Coach Shoe wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:28 pm That wasn't the prettiest game but it was certainly hard fought. Both teams have a LOT of talent. I thought McDonald gave Adena a nice boost when they needed it, and of course Sykes, Bennett, Garrison and Throckmorton are all experienced seniors who can play. Branson from Unioto is an absolute talent, no doubt about it. I also could tell right away that something was off with Little. I thought he might have been sick but I guess it was an ankle. Maybe both, who knows. That kid is going to go hard no matter what's wrong with him. He reminds me of a kid I once coached that we called Scrap Iron. Anyway, if they can stay healthy both teams are going to be tough outs in the tournament.
Thank you

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Looks like the league will be voting for their all league teams this weekend.

Couple questions

1. How do you feel about the league voting before all games are decided and all games are played?

2. How would you vote if you were a coach? What I mean by that is are you looking at stats only? Are you looking at how certain players played against your team? Overall record? What SHOULD go into deciding POY and all league teams?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Looks like on the boys side they will be waiting for all games to be played.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:42 am Looks like on the boys side they will be waiting for all games to be played.
Yeah...what’s the rush?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:22 am
mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:42 am Looks like on the boys side they will be waiting for all games to be played.
Yeah...what’s the rush?
I think some of the coaches have district meetings and are afraid if they have a player that might earn high all league honors they need to have that info for their district meetings but if they’re that good then they’ll get recognized either way

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

It makes sense for the optics of it to wait, but I don't see a couple games really changing anything.

Return to “Boys Basketball”