D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 am I’d also welcome a 6 and 3 matchup with Unioto vs Waverly in the downtown gym. Get to watch Trey and Isaac go at it one more time. Win or lose I think that would be awesome
Unioto isn’t any good because they are a team Hillsboro beat.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:30 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 am I’d also welcome a 6 and 3 matchup with Unioto vs Waverly in the downtown gym. Get to watch Trey and Isaac go at it one more time. Win or lose I think that would be awesome
Unioto isn’t any good because they are a team Hillsboro beat.
That’s why I said win or lose because I doubt we’d have much of a chance but it would be a fun game

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Just based off common opponents/quality wins i would say Waverly 3, Hillsboro 4, Sheridan 5, Unioto 6, Jackson 7.

I dont think Waverly has any chance of jumping Warren or LE just based on volume of losses, regardless of who they were against. Even though LE has only played 10 games I don't see another loss on their schedule after 17 games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Based on the "livestream eye test" from this Q season ... "no one wants to play Logan Elm - yes, even with the loss to FU" ... Warren is the #1 seed ... after that imo ...

1. Warren
2. Logan Elm
3. Hillsboro - how they are play AT THIS time ... knocking off McClain 54-34, Jackson 73-64 and the U 69-59 in the same week ... did what they needed to do to get the 3 seed
4. Waverly ... excellent W vs Ready - I watched that game ... outstanding ... the loss vs Portsmouth West moves them to 4 instead of 3 imo
5. Unioto from the eye test even live stream eye test the U is a better overall team than Sheridan & Jackson imo
6. Jackson
7. Sheridan

... that's how I would vote going into THIS week - Waverly knocks off Wheelersburg - I would move them to #3 even with the PW loss @ home ... Jackson needed to keep the game with Warren that was schedule Monday 2/1 if they wanted to move up ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:41 pm Based on the "livestream eye test" from this Q season ... "no one wants to play Logan Elm - yes, even with the loss to FU" ... Warren is the #1 seed ... after that imo ...

1. Warren
2. Logan Elm
3. Hillsboro - how they are play AT THIS time ... knocking off McClain 54-34, Jackson 73-64 and the U 69-59 in the same week ... did what they needed to do to get the 3 seed
4. Waverly ... excellent W vs Ready - I watched that game ... outstanding ... the loss vs Portsmouth West moves them to 4 instead of 3 imo
5. Unioto from the eye test even live stream eye test the U is a better overall team than Sheridan & Jackson imo
6. Jackson
7. Sheridan

... that's how I would vote going into THIS week - Waverly knocks off Wheelersburg - I would move them to #3 even with the PW loss @ home ... Jackson needed to keep the game with Warren that was schedule Monday 2/1 if they wanted to move up ...
Just curious since you’re basing everything on “the eye test”, instead of records, How many games you’ve watched Sheridan play?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Treyman3 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:22 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:41 pm Based on the "livestream eye test" from this Q season ... "no one wants to play Logan Elm - yes, even with the loss to FU" ... Warren is the #1 seed ... after that imo ...

1. Warren
2. Logan Elm
6. Jackson
7. Sheridan

Just curious since you’re basing everything on “the eye test”, instead of records, How many games you’ve watched Sheridan play?
... vs Tri Valley, vs FU, vs Logan ...

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Treyman3 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:22 pm

1. Warren
2. Logan Elm
6. Jackson
7. Sheridan

Pfloyd is is usually pretty well prepared before he makes a statement...

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Did Sheridan play Morgan last night? Sheridan plays Tri Valley Friday night ... TV beat Sheridan @ Tri Valley 58-49 before Christmas ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:42 pm Did Sheridan play Morgan last night? Sheridan plays Tri Valley Friday night ... TV beat Sheridan @ Tri Valley 58-49 before Christmas ...
Sheridan was snowed out last night. Tri Valley Friday. 2 of the 3 games you saw were without Johnson who is their best outside shooter and prob best athlete. Hoping for a different result this time around.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson in at 11-3

Played 10 of 14 games on the road, including each of the last 6

WINS:

Vs Hillsboro (gave them their biggest defeat)
@ McClain
@ North Adams
vs Logan
@ Athens
@ Minford
@ Miami Trace
vs Miami Trace
@ Meigs
@ Washington CH
vs Washington CH

LOSSES:

@ Wheelersburg
@ Hillsboro
@ Waverly

Those are the facts, no excuses.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With Jackson's loss to Wheelersburg still pretty fresh in everyone's mind, will it or should it have any baring on how the Ironmen get seeded?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:13 am With Jackson's loss to Wheelersburg still pretty fresh in everyone's mind, will it or should it have any baring on how the Ironmen get seeded?
I doubt it does. The fact they were blown out could but like Waverly losing to burg it probably won’t have much of an impact other than it just being a loss

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:13 am With Jackson's loss to Wheelersburg still pretty fresh in everyone's mind, will it or should it have any baring on how the Ironmen get seeded?
I doubt it does. The fact they were blown out could but like Waverly losing to burg it probably won’t have much of an impact other than it just being a loss
... edited

E High
All State

Post by E High »

SE D-2 will be brutal after the first round !

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

There will be some good sectional finals in the middle seeds right off the bat. Everyone gets a tougher game in the district semifinal.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Does Waverly move up to #3 with the W at Burg tonight?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football87 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:54 pm Does Waverly move up to #3 with the W at Burg tonight?
Probably not since 80% of the coaches have already made their minds up and made their deals with the devil

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 pm
football87 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:54 pm Does Waverly move up to #3 with the W at Burg tonight?
Probably not since 80% of the coaches have already made their minds up and made their deals with the devil
They deserve higher than 3 but probably won’t even get the 3. Deals with the devil is exactly what it is...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:57 pm
They deserve higher than 3 but probably won’t even get the 3. Deals with the devil is exactly what it is...
And some coaches may not have talked to a single other coach about seeds. Not that I personally know of one of those or anything.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:17 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:57 pm

And some coaches may not have talked to a single other coach about seeds. Not that I personally know of one of those or anything.
That’s why we’ll be the 7. lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”