DIV contender quarantined for THIRD time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

DIV contender quarantined for THIRD time.

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its incredibly unfortunate that the Federal Hocking Lancers are under quarantine for the third time this year. These kids just can't catch a break. Some highly anticipated last season match ups on the schedule are now scratched. Vs Warren, Fort Frye, Peebles were all on the schedule at some point, now the Lancers are just hoping to get all their league games in.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIV contender quarantined for THIRD time.

Post by Raider6309 »

Idk how it would be possible to even have a tournament. A lot of teams will lose because they beat a team with a Rona player

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:14 pm Idk how it would be possible to even have a tournament. A lot of teams will lose because they beat a team with a Rona player
If we get knocked out of the tournament on a Saturday night....and my kid is feeling bad...he won’t be getting tested until well past the time where they’d revert back to quarantine the opponent.

Several teams have been quarantined 2x. This stuff sucks. Hopefully Fed Hock has good fortunes off the court the rest of the way

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would post boys basketball scores from tonight but everyone seems to be quarantined.

List as of tonight: Friday 2/5

Athens
Wellston
Meigs
Trimble
Federal Hocking
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Belpre

9 of the 14 TVC teams.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace and Southeastern have been out 3 times as well.

It sucks, but it happens.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:02 pm Its incredibly unfortunate that the Federal Hocking Lancers are under quarantine for the third time this year. These kids just can't catch a break. Some highly anticipated last season match ups on the schedule are now scratched. Vs Warren, Fort Frye, Peebles were all on the schedule at some point, now the Lancers are just hoping to get all their league games in.
It truly sucks. Fed has played exactly two games at full strength. Hopefully they will be healthy for the tournament. If they are look out. No one has more depth than the Lancers.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

We've been Quarantined twice . Actually I think 3 counting early year. Hopefully it will all come together for you guys. And all teams get to compete.Last years loss against Berlin killed my soal. Would love to put together a winning streak and get there again.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Tell parents not to run their kid to the doctor everytime they get a sniffle. I don't know one child that has been seriously sick from this stuff. Most say that they had a headache and a little cold. Some say they had ZERO symptoms and tested positive.

Also, Zane Trace has only been out twice.
Last edited by Bozo on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bozo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:46 pm Tell parents not to run their kid to the doctor everytime they get a sniffle. I don't know one child that has been seriously sick from this stuff. Most say that they had a headache and a little cold.

We take temps all the time at our school system. It is what it is.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bozo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:46 pm Tell parents not to run their kid to the doctor everytime they get a sniffle. I don't know one child that has been seriously sick from this stuff. Most say that they had a headache and a little cold. Some say they had ZERO symptoms and tested positive.

We take temps all the time. If they get you you are out. It is what it is.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It is an OVERREACTION as far as children are concerned. Yeah, if you are 70-80 years old, worry about it.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

I heard that good teams up north are not playing anyone after the draw on Sunday. This way the only way they can get quarantine is from their own players testing positive not from some other team they just played. Smart move but I assume they are sacrifice league title.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bozo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:46 pm Tell parents not to run their kid to the doctor everytime they get a sniffle. I don't know one child that has been seriously sick from this stuff. Most say that they had a headache and a little cold. Some say they had ZERO symptoms and tested positive.

Couldn’t agree more! 2 of the 3 quarantines have been because teams we played had a positive. That’s scary for all teams headed to the tourney.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Idk what ohsaa will do when the winning team beats a team with a Rona player

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I would love to know the statistics of the team quarantined from Trace contacting that actually had kids get sick while on quarantine. I’m guessing it’s nil

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I know from all of the Zane Trace quarantines, nobody has caught anything from contact tracing. :o

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

This is our 3rd time as well, we have played 6 games down here in the bluegrass. First two times were due to exposure precautions and the most recent one involved a team we played on a Wednesday having a player test positive on Friday and contact tracing goes back 48 hours. I get to enjoy the nose stick for the 3rd time here around 3 pm.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:31 pm Idk what ohsaa will do when the winning team beats a team with a Rona player
Unsure this is OHSAA-wide or not, but I read that the Central District has said that teams will be allowed to elevate JV players to play in the varsity's place to prevent forfeits.

I am not totally sure on the in's-and-out's of it, though, relating to the roster sheet that has to get turned in.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:31 pm Idk what ohsaa will do when the winning team beats a team with a Rona player
That is a health department decision. Should be just like fall sports.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:41 pm
Unsure this is OHSAA-wide or not, but I read that the Central District has said that teams will be allowed to elevate JV players to play in the varsity's place to prevent forfeits.

I am not totally sure on the in's-and-out's of it, though, relating to the roster sheet that has to get turned in.
Anyone on the roster/elegibity would be eligible. Lineups are due 30 min prior to game, starters 10 min.

Return to “Boys Basketball”