Brackets

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Re: Brackets

Post by Ballboy09 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:51 pm
Kicker. wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 pm Where will these games be played, high seed hosts for how long?
With higher seeds hosting, coupled with schools everywhere having less gate revenue in the regular season, I'm surprised the SEDAB didn't make a rule for this year to stop seeding after a certain number and instead pair games where the lowest hosting seeds get paired with the nearest bottom seeds. This year Manchester goes to Waterford, Miller goes to Fairfield; N-Y goes to North Adams, Westfall goes to Chesapeake.

I understand the point behind rewarding high seeds, yeah, but was it worth sacrificing sense over seeding sanctity? They couldn't have just sent Manchester to Fairfield, Miller to Waterford etc? And I know criss-crossing over SEO has happened with baseball and softball before, but it just seems a tad silly that the difference in a couple votes equates to more extreme travel.
They should now allow coaches to place themselves on the bracket so that most of the travel could be avoided early on.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Does NB want to play ND again or SW for the first time this season ??

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

They wanna play the winner of sv and ep first.

They aren't looking ahead at anyone this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I find it intresting the higher seed hosts no matter what.

That has never been the case in any other tournament. It's always been "top of bracket." If you knock off the higher seed - you became that seed. But that is not going occur in the southeast sectionals. High seed hosts, period.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Point blank wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:54 pm They wanna play the winner of sv and ep first.

They aren't looking ahead at anyone this year.
My bad when I glanced at the bracket I thought it said Sciotoville not SymmesValley.

I’m assuming SV will get the edge on EP, in that case, it’s
Hard to beat A team three times. 🚨 then to face off with a team that just took them deep OR Webster.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It'll all come out in the wash

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

packers80 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:24 pm It'll all come out in the wash
It didn’t last year. Poor Fairland

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 pm Where will these games be played, high seed hosts for how long?
With higher seeds hosting, coupled with schools everywhere having less gate revenue in the regular season, I'm surprised the SEDAB didn't make a rule for this year to stop seeding after a certain number and instead pair games where the lowest hosting seeds get paired with the nearest bottom seeds. This year Manchester goes to Waterford, Miller goes to Fairfield; N-Y goes to North Adams, Westfall goes to Chesapeake.

I understand the point behind rewarding high seeds, yeah, but was it worth sacrificing sense over seeding sanctity? They couldn't have just sent Manchester to Fairfield, Miller to Waterford etc? And I know criss-crossing over SEO has happened with baseball and softball before, but it just seems a tad silly that the difference in a couple votes equates to more extreme travel.
By OHSAA Bylaw, all teams must be seeded, has nothing to do with SEDAB.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pol pot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:47 am

Do you think this current set up will be permanent - or is it just Covid related and will go back to old format next year? Mostly in regards to hosting and higher seed garnering home team status as opposed to whoever is on top of bracket. That little change wouldn't have affected much in basketball in the past, basically just jersey color if you knocked off the higher seed. But it does now with hosting - and would affect baseball/softball tournaments as well. If I was the 9 seed and I beat the 1 seed - the next game I would have been the home team and get last at bat versus lets say the 4 seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:36 am
Pol pot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:47 am

Do you think this current set up will be permanent - or is it just Covid related and will go back to old format next year? Mostly in regards to hosting and higher seed garnering home team status as opposed to whoever is on top of bracket. That little change wouldn't have affected much in basketball in the past, basically just jersey color if you knocked off the higher seed. But it does now with hosting - and would affect baseball/softball tournaments as well. If I was the 9 seed and I beat the 1 seed - the next game I would have been the home team and get last at bat versus lets say the 4 seed.
I don’t like it. Regular season should be the big piece. If you are hosting and not playing at a neutral site...the better seed should host. If neutral it’s whatever in basketball.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:06 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:00 pm (7-8) Alexander a 19 seed? And has to travel to No. 16 River Valley who they already by 20 at their place. That seems a little off. Lol
Considering Alexander’s season it sounds like a great first round opportunity
Absolutely sucks for RV. They are 8-4 and having one of their best seasons in 5+ years and they get a team that has beaten them by 20+!

And by the way, how in the world is Alexander 7-8?!?!?!?!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:24 pm It'll all come out in the wash
It didn’t last year. Poor Fairland
It all ends how it's supposed to, we aren't in control. It'll all come out in the wash.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:50 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm
Unbelievable Fairland got the 1 over Wheelersburg and Eastern Brown.
Not surprised at all. Fairland won by 1 over EB on a crazy night EB went 1-15 from 3. OVC coaches maybe pretty united but also Fairland never got to finish their season last year. So Fairland avoided Burg and EB. Norm would be proud.
I want to see Fort Frye vs Fairland rematch at regionals.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

I recall after Football seeding the voting results were posted. Does anyone know if the vote results for the basketball seeding will be made public?

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

We got St. Jude for our second game. Can you say REVENGE!

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm
Bold of you to assume they’ll make it that far. I got Fairfield

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:16 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm
Bold of you to assume they’ll make it that far. I got Fairfield
I hope you're wrong. But either way the Lancers will house whoever it is. Just be nice to put one on ole St. Jude in Stewart. :D

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Ol Salty Swanker is just mad cause the Flyers spanked his Jeep’s at South Webster 59-40. Keep the focus on your Jeeps, Spanky!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Irish wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 am Ol Salty Swanker is just mad cause the Flyers spanked his Jeep’s at South Webster 59-40. Keep the focus on your Jeeps, Spanky!!!
I ain’t mad I was commenting on the St Joe/Fairfield vs Fed shock Matchup. We’re gonna put ND and New Boston out

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Irish wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 am Ol Salty Swanker is just mad cause the Flyers spanked his Jeep’s at South Webster 59-40. Keep the focus on your Jeeps, Spanky!!!
Yep and he's still mad about sitting in poop at the Convo last year. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”