Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #12

peake71
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #12

Post by peake71 »

Love the Pink Floyd shoes. Still have my purple all stars hi tops.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:32 pm Love the Pink Floyd shoes. Still have my purple all stars hi tops.
... my youngest had them made for me for CHRISTMAS - he gave them to me today LOL ... no Convo, no regular season games to wear them to ... they will be good for next season ...

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Great job as always pfloyd. Being from the SHAC area, (SHL when I started out) I always like to see the SHAC teams perform well. Is this the first time Eastern Brown has been at the top of your rankings, or any SHAC team for that matter?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm Great job as always pfloyd. Being from the SHAC area, (SHL when I started out) I always like to see the SHAC teams perform well. Is this the first time Eastern Brown has been at the top of your rankings, or any SHAC team for that matter?
... I believe it is ... Eastern Brown this season stacks up vs anyone in SEO ... looking for them to have a deep run into the post season ...

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Wow. I wasn't sure if North Adams had got there in 2009 or if any of the Peebles teams, or Lynchburg in 2016. Thanks

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:12 pm Wow. I wasn't sure if North Adams had got there in 2009 or if any of the Peebles teams, or Lynchburg in 2016. Thanks
Used to be a Normin Knight on here many years ago....was that you?

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:12 pm Wow. I wasn't sure if North Adams had got there in 2009 or if any of the Peebles teams, or Lynchburg in 2016. Thanks
I92-No it was not me. Makes me wonder if I spelled Norman (or Normin) right? :D :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:39 pm
I92-No it was not me. Makes me wonder if I spelled Norman (or Normin) right? :D :lol:
I messed it up...but the Norman on here a decade or so ago was also a SHL guy and I think mainly Eastern.

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pm

I messed it up...but the Norman on here a decade or so ago was also a SHL guy and I think mainly Eastern.
Well, I believe Norm spells his name Normin unless that was just used to make the nickname "Stormin Normin" sound better :D. so I don't think you really messed it up. Eastern is a great program to follow and I know WonderNova is on here now, but I would like to see some of his fellow Warriors join SEOPS as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:14 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Well, I believe Norm spells his name Normin unless that was just used to make the nickname "Stormin Normin" sound better :D. so I don't think you really messed it up. Eastern is a great program to follow and I know WonderNova is on here now, but I would like to see some of his fellow Warriors join SEOPS as well.
There used to be a bunch of SHL guys on here. Whiteoak’s big time coach Pat Hines was two or three different names on here and he would troll so good.

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Yeah, there seemed to be guys on here from about every school in the SHL. I have heard some stories on Hines. He had some great teams at Whiteoak. I wonder what he is up to these days.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Norman Knight wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:36 pm Yeah, there seemed to be guys on here from about every school in the SHL. I have heard some stories on Hines. He had some great teams at Whiteoak. I wonder what he is up to these days.
Complains about the Reds and other sports things on FB every now and then....seems to be good. Gotta be pushing his mid 70’s

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Well I can't really blame him when it comes to complaining about the Reds lol. I figured he was getting up there in the years.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I am an Eastern guy no doubt 😄. I am blessed to be born and raised an Eastern kid. I have also been employed by the neighboring districts, and have many coach,player, parents from the surrounding districts. In my opinion, since i have been going to games since i was 4 or5, this is the best Eastern team of all time. The final 4 team might disagree lol. That team upset a couple along the way, they were not expected to beat Burg with Burleson. This team gets more meaningful bench minutes from their 6th,7th,and 8th guys. The differece this year, as a #1 is great expectations. In the past we feared the big ones with name recognition (C.A.P.E, Ft. Loramie, Versailles, Burg, Peake...etc.). This year, they fear no team, not Harvest Prep, or Worthington, or OG. They can do it. I am unaccustomed to a #1, AND credibility to back it up. You have to be good and lucky sometimes. When Georgetown won the DIV state, i was kind of grossed out. That team was good, but they also benefitted from a down year in DIV( that was 2007 i think). I always believed that the 95/96 North Adams team was the best local team of all time, followed by 2002 Eastern, 93 lynchburg, and 2002 Whiteoak. I think while different, this Eastern team might go to the top of the list. And by the way, Ihave been told Coach Hines is retired, and watching streaming games..lol.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ice Storm 2021 has overtaken the number 1 spot for this weeks rankings. COVID drops to the treehugger wannabe section

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

🤣🤣

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WonderNova wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 pm I am an Eastern guy no doubt 😄. I am blessed to be born and raised an Eastern kid. I have also been employed by the neighboring districts, and have many coach,player, parents from the surrounding districts. In my opinion, since i have been going to games since i was 4 or5, this is the best Eastern team of all time. The final 4 team might disagree lol. That team upset a couple along the way, they were not expected to beat Burg with Burleson. This team gets more meaningful bench minutes from their 6th,7th,and 8th guys. The differece this year, as a #1 is great expectations. In the past we feared the big ones with name recognition (C.A.P.E, Ft. Loramie, Versailles, Burg, Peake...etc.). This year, they fear no team, not Harvest Prep, or Worthington, or OG. They can do it. I am unaccustomed to a #1, AND credibility to back it up. You have to be good and lucky sometimes. When Georgetown won the DIV state, i was kind of grossed out. That team was good, but they also benefitted from a down year in DIV( that was 2007 i think). I always believed that the 95/96 North Adams team was the best local team of all time, followed by 2002 Eastern, 93 lynchburg, and 2002 Whiteoak. I think while different, this Eastern team might go to the top of the list. And by the way, Ihave been told Coach Hines is retired, and watching streaming games..lol.
2002 Whiteoak....no rotation player over 6’2 and led by 11 at the half in the final 4....next season lost 4 of 5 starters and 5 of their top 7, still no size and made it back to the elite 8. Hines coached his ass off and the Stacy kid was nails both years in big games.

That 2002 Eastern team followed Lebron’s team in the locker room ...got them some autographs

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:10 pm The official “UN-official “ pfloyd Converse All Stars ...

LOVE THE SHOES!!!!! I have to know where to place an order. Please PM me the website...gotta have those Floyd shoes!!

The rankings look good as always. Keep up the good work!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

WonderNova wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 pm I am an Eastern guy no doubt 😄. I am blessed to be born and raised an Eastern kid. I have also been employed by the neighboring districts, and have many coach,player, parents from the surrounding districts. In my opinion, since i have been going to games since i was 4 or5, this is the best Eastern team of all time. The final 4 team might disagree lol. That team upset a couple along the way, they were not expected to beat Burg with Burleson. This team gets more meaningful bench minutes from their 6th,7th,and 8th guys. The differece this year, as a #1 is great expectations. In the past we feared the big ones with name recognition (C.A.P.E, Ft. Loramie, Versailles, Burg, Peake...etc.). This year, they fear no team, not Harvest Prep, or Worthington, or OG. They can do it. I am unaccustomed to a #1, AND credibility to back it up. You have to be good and lucky sometimes. When Georgetown won the DIV state, i was kind of grossed out. That team was good, but they also benefitted from a down year in DIV( that was 2007 i think). I always believed that the 95/96 North Adams team was the best local team of all time, followed by 2002 Eastern, 93 lynchburg, and 2002 Whiteoak. I think while different, this Eastern team might go to the top of the list. And by the way, Ihave been told Coach Hines is retired, and watching streaming games..lol.
My son in law is chief Tommy Kirker there in Sardinia. My son is on oakland road ,and I played alot of softball with some easternguysthru the years. Live southern Ohio sports.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:15 pm
2002 Whiteoak....no rotation player over 6’2 and led by 11 at the half in the final 4....next season lost 4 of 5 starters and 5 of their top 7, still no size and made it back to the elite 8. Hines coached his ass off and the Stacy kid was nails both years in big games.

That 2002 Eastern team followed Lebron’s team in the locker room ...got them some autographs
They Stacy kids were friends of ours. Phill Lucas worked with me at the A plant for 35 + years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”