Southern @ Meigs 12/28/21

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Southern @ Meigs 12/28/21

Post by Tvcfanatic »

I personally think Meigs wins this in county rivalry by a land slide, as meigs is firing at all cylinders right now and hasn’t lost to Southern in atleast 5 years

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Southern @ Meigs 12/28/21

Post by vcgrad »

You never know---thats why the play the game!!!

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

Game will be close.
Meigs has some depth and good potential but outside of Cleland, they overall are still a fairly young team.
They are gaining more experience and maturity with each game.
Southern has like 5 starting seniors and a 6th senior or jr off the bench. Southern also has a very attention to detail coach who will have them more than prepared.
Southern coach was at Meigs/Southeastern game writing down an entire catalog of notes.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Cypress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:20 pm Game will be close.
Meigs has some depth and good potential but outside of Cleland, they overall are still a fairly young team.
They are gaining more experience and maturity with each game.
Southern has like 5 starting seniors and a 6th senior or jr off the bench. Southern also has a very attention to detail coach who will have them more than prepared.
Southern coach was at Meigs/Southeastern game writing down an entire catalog of notes.
You’ll probably be shocked by the end score if you believe this game will be close

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm pretty disappointed Andrew Dottson did not play for Meigs this year. I liked the big fella around the basket.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:34 pm I'm pretty disappointed Andrew Dottson did not play for Meigs this year. I liked the big fella around the basket.
He definitely would have been dominant in the post but decided to focus on baseball during the offseason

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:29 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:34 pm I'm pretty disappointed Andrew Dottson did not play for Meigs this year. I liked the big fella around the basket.
He definitely would have been dominant in the post but decided to focus on baseball during the offseason
I hate to hear that crap.
Any college coach will tell you they value the multi sport athlete!
And like you can't do things in the winter to improve your baseball skills while also playing basketball.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:49 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:29 am
I hate to hear that crap.
Any college coach will tell you they value the multi sport athlete!
And like you can't do things in the winter to improve your baseball skills while also playing basketball.
One plus side is he’s always at the games supporting his buddies

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 82 Southern 65 Final

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

hardfowl wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 pm Meigs 82 Southern 65 Final
Exactly as I predicted, southern put up a great effort in the first half but couldn’t get the job done against meigs ball movement in the second half

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

Meigs is very deep.
So many different players can step up and lead on any given night.
If they had went deeper into the bench more often like they have been doing the past few games, I think the 1st half wouldn't have been close. They've been rotating a lot with no drop off while keeping the starters fresh.
Anyways a little different game plan tonight but still worked out for them.
This team gets better each time out.
Southern played very hard and has a nice ball club with supporting fans.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Didn’t sound like a “landslide” to me. Tied at half and the Cleland boy took over in the 4th and didn’t go out of game til around a minute to go when they extended the lead to 20. Landslide to most means blow out from start to finish and that wasn’t the case. Also Southern beat Meigs at Meigs 4 years ago. Radio said Meigs now has won 16 out of 30 matchups between 2 schools. Seems like the games have been very competitive over the years and glad these 2 play every year. Southern is improved from last year. They play 4 seniors, 2 juniors, and 2 sophomores. Also I believe they said on radio Meigs either shot 50% from 3 or very close to it. They’ll win many games shooting like that.

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

The result of the contest, was probably exactly what is should have been. Meigs is better, Southern has struggled for a few years now. Tried listening in on the radio but had to turn it off, announcer just seemed to be very opinionated in regard to officials calls and coaches strategies.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Daniel Boone wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:47 am The result of the contest, was probably exactly what is should have been. Meigs is better, Southern has struggled for a few years now. Tried listening in on the radio but had to turn it off, announcer just seemed to be very opinionated in regard to officials calls and coaches strategies.
You sure you were listening to the same game? the only time announcer said anything about officials was when a Meigs player came in with a marron t-shirt under a white jersey and they made him go change and Meigs try to replace him with the same player he came in for which lots of people don't know that you cannot come back in until time has run off the clock. plus, when southern went on a10 point run he said coach Hill need to call a timeout which I agree he should of

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

itsme wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:19 am
Daniel Boone wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:47 am The result of the contest, was probably exactly what is should have been. Meigs is better, Southern has struggled for a few years now. Tried listening in on the radio but had to turn it off, announcer just seemed to be very opinionated in regard to officials calls and coaches strategies.
You sure you were listening to the same game? the only time announcer said anything about officials was when a Meigs player came in with a marron t-shirt under a white jersey and they made him go change and Meigs try to replace him with the same player he came in for which lots of people don't know that you cannot come back in until time has run off the clock. plus, when southern went on a10 point run he said coach Hill need to call a timeout which I agree he should of
Hill was probably too busy screaming at the refs, or making gestures to the Southern fans to even realize they were on a run LOL.

Return to “Boys Basketball”