SEOP

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles over Green tonight.62-48

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles 76- West Union 36 tonight. Reserves played the final 12 minutes of this game. Halftime score was 52-14. Peebles plays Lynchburg Friday night.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 66
Paint Valley 35

Valley did a lot more subbing, getting guys quality minutes early, which was nice to see.

JimmyChips
Waterboy

Post by JimmyChips »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:27 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm Keep doubting the Western Indians.

14 wins by 15 or more points.

To think they would have 9 losses in SOC 2 is laughable. Northwest didn’t score two quarters against them in a scrimmage. PV just beat Unioto who always gets credit for winning SVC. Western beats PV Piketon SE Hunt by 20+ AVERAGE and you disregard those wins.

Western gives up 36 ppg. They could compete with Valley and Minford AND Waverly. Brewster has almost 5 assists to turnover ratio. They’ve hit 100 3s on the season. They have 7 guys that have scored double figures. 3 guys averaging double figures.

Keep doubting.

You doubt them because you only look at athleticism and that’s why you’re wrong on teams like Burg and Portsmouth.

Those boys are dogs. They will win the SOC and the district!
Since you like discussing scrimmages and other things in the past… This is a Western team that made the district semis last year and lost by 40ish to Valley… 40…… let that sink in

Western is better this year, sure….. but so is Valley.

The gap between the SOC 1 and SOC 2 this year is drastic. Western loses somewhere between 8-10 games in the SOC 2 this year.

My honest predictions:

Minford twice
Waverly twice
Valley twice
Webster twice
Northwest split
Wheelersburg split.

That’s 10 losses….. and don’t tell me about a scrimmage or summer league because that means literally nothing.

Tournament time will be more telling.
This year's core group of seniors, coaching and their defensive pressure would beat more teams than you think. You said it best tournament time will really put this conversation to rest, but I think Western is tougher than most believe.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

After South Webster's win @ Valley I have them back at #3. There is no shame losing to Waverly who might be the best team in SEO.

Trimble + Coach Caldwell know darn well not to put Valley or South Webster in the 4 spot and would much rather face a Western/Leesburg as the #4 seed in a potential district championship.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) South Webster
4.) Western
5.) Leesburg Fairfield
6.) Symmes Valley
7.) Federal Hocking
8.) Waterford

Somewhere along those lines look accurate for now. 9-12 could mix up a bit.

Don't be surprised if the TVC sticks together and angles it to where there are no TVC matchups in the district semifinal. So for example --- on the above list I could see them putting Fed Hock 6th, Waterford 7th, and sliding Symmes down to 8th.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

isn't Symmes valley like 12-2? or something like that? With a win over Western? If they beat them again (if its before tournament time, not sure when they play) they would have a solid argument to be 4 or 5. Seeding will def be interesting.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I do think Western is better this year than most years. Maybe not as good at the 2016 regional team, but close. We will see what the draw shows and see how the match ups go.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

When is the draw? Where we at record wise?

Valley is 13-3 I believe.

I ran the numbers and Valley is scoring 65.5 PPG while giving up 51.3 for an avg margin of victory at 14.2 PPG. The 3 games they have lost were by a total average of 4.2 points, much closer had they not started fouling Waverly pretty quickly.

Combined opponents record in the 3 close SOC losses is 31-11 )maybe missing a score here or there.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Drawing is 2/6.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:12 pm It's never too early to come out with this, right? It's all in good fun. Lots of good teams in D4 this year so this could change every week rather rapidly.

These are primarily based off of record and strength of schedule. For example Notre Dame is 2-3 but losses are to undefeated Western, 3-1 South Webster, and a solid West Portsmouth team.

1.) Valley (5-0)
2.) Trimble (2-0)
3.) Western (8-0)
4.) South Webster (3-1)
5.) Waterford (4-0)
6.) Eastern Pike (4-2)
7.) Leesburg Fairfield (2-2)
8.) Whiteoak (4-3)
9.) Notre Dame (2-3)
10.) Paint Valley (4-2)
11.) Federal Hocking (3-2)
12.) Symmes Valley (3-1)
13.) Peebles (2-2)
14.) South Gallia (2-1)
15.) Southern (4-2)

Teams trying to work their way up (in no particular order): Clay, New Boston, Green, Manchester, Miller, East, Eastern Meigs, Ironton St. Joe.

I'm sure I'm missing a few games here and there on the record and a few teams could be argued to go up or down 3-4 slots.

Nonetheless it should make for a very competitive Division 4 tournament for SEO.
I think there are 22 teams in this area in D4. What are everyones rankings on D4 as of today?
I think Peebles will end up around .500 on the season .

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:13 am I do think Western is better this year than most years. Maybe not as good at the 2016 regional team, but close. We will see what the draw shows and see how the match ups go.
shew that 2016 western regional team was tough. Seeding will be interesting for sure. Both Western and Symmes will win out after their matchup this Friday. I think you could very easily see a 2 loss Western team in the 4 spot and a 3 loss Symmes Valley team in the 5 spot.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yes it will be. Just will depend on what match ups the coaches want I guess.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I vote to combine Trimble and Westerns best players and play the Jeeps in the first round.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:36 am I vote to combine Trimble and Westerns best players and play the Jeeps in the first round.
🤣

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:36 am I vote to combine Trimble and Westerns best players and play the Jeeps in the first round.
The better game would be if you combine Western and SW and play Trimble. Of course Howie would out coach both the other coaches and Trimble will physically dominate the game and win easily.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

To think they would have 9 losses in SOC 2 is laughable. Northwest didn’t score two quarters against them in a scrimmage. PV just beat Unioto who always gets credit for winning SVC. Western beats PV Piketon SE Hunt by 20+ AVERAGE and you disregard those wins.

Western gives up 36 ppg. They could compete with Valley and Minford AND Waverly. Brewster has almost 5 assists to turnover ratio. They’ve hit 100 3s on the season. They have 7 guys that have scored double figures. 3 guys averaging double figures.

Keep doubting.

You doubt them because you only look at athleticism and that’s why you’re wrong on teams like Burg and Portsmouth.

Since you like discussing scrimmages and other things in the past… This is a Western team that made the district semis last year and lost by 40ish to Valley… 40…… let that sink in

The gap between the SOC 1 and SOC 2 this year is drastic. Western loses somewhere between 8-10 games in the SOC 2 this year.

My honest predictions:

Minford twice
Waverly twice
Valley twice
Webster twice
Northwest split
Wheelersburg split.

That’s 10 losses….. and don’t tell me about a scrimmage or summer league because that means literally nothing.

Ankle braces you said Northwest didn't score 2 quarters is very laughable, didn't happen. Northwest was without Lintz and a couple other players nursing injuries from football. Western would finish in the Soc 2 in the lower half.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

How many starters did Western return this year? I know Western's record is much better this year but I don't recognize some of the new names from last year.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:08 pm

Keep doubting.

My honest predictions:

Minford twice
Waverly twice
Valley twice
Webster twice
Northwest split
Wheelersburg split.

Ankle braces you said Northwest didn't score 2 quarters is very laughable, didn't happen. Northwest was without Lintz and a couple other players nursing injuries from football. Western would finish in the Soc 2 in the lower half.
Western most definitely didn't keep Northwest scoreless. However, I think even with Lintz back, Western squeaks out at least one win and possibly two, in a head to head. They match up pretty well, with Western getting the edge defensively. Western, again IMO, would split with Valley, Burg, West. Beat Eastern and Oak Hill both games and play with Minford. Waverly would give them more than they could handle both games.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is now 14-3.

Return to “Boys Basketball”