Shoutout to Wheelersburg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Shoutout to Wheelersburg

Post by Ironman92 »

I know Wheelersburg gets a huge amount of flack on here but I want to give their school and community some credit. I’ve been going to games forever and currently am one of the basketball boosters, work in concession stand and sit behind opposing bench every game. Wheelersburg is top notch. They bring a huge crowd, they didn’t complain about parking fee. We had 4 games tonight and busiest concessions in years and not a single complaint or rude person. Players….please and thank you, cheerleaders… please and thank you, parents/fans the same. Zero issues. We had a few fans stop at concessions and tell us they were here before parking atttndant was out and could they pay their $3…..no you may not. Enjoy the game.

I sit behind the bench….Ater complained about nothing, stayed focused on his team and coached them. Typically players on the bench lose a lot of focus and often bicker about seating spots or there is always a coach or two that’s just unbearable…..none of that was the case.

I know this thread will probably turn stupid because some people can’t handle much and people love to poke….but I wanted to thank their community for their day spent at Jackson High School watching the 4 games. 👏👏👏

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Re: Shoutout to Wheelersburg

Post by Picket Fence »

That’s great! Wheelersburg is a great sports town….good to hear that they are thankful, polite, and respectful. On a side note, I’ve always wondered why there was a parking fee at Jackson? I’m sure you’ve answered this question many times but in all seriousness, I’m curious.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I’ve not had a ton of expierence with the folks from Wheelersburg, but any time that I’ve covered games there, it’s been a great expierence.

Winning schools get crapped on a lot, but I can’t really name one that is not filled with a majority of good folks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Picket Fence wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:35 pm That’s great! Wheelersburg is a great sports town….good to hear that they are thankful, polite, and respectful. On a side note, I’ve always wondered why there was a parking fee at Jackson? I’m sure you’ve answered this question many times but in all seriousness, I’m curious.
$1.50 goes to the athletic fund and the other $1.50 goes to the program working it (currently JHS softball)

Thank You

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:57 pm
Picket Fence wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:35 pm That’s great! Wheelersburg is a great sports town….good to hear that they are thankful, polite, and respectful. On a side note, I’ve always wondered why there was a parking fee at Jackson? I’m sure you’ve answered this question many times but in all seriousness, I’m curious.
$1.50 goes to the athletic fund and the other $1.50 goes to the program working it (currently JHS softball)

Thank You
Gotcha! That’s a good idea. Not sure why more schools don’t charge for parking?

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Picket Fence wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:02 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:57 pm

Thank You
Gotcha! That’s a good idea. Not sure why more schools don’t charge for parking?
To be fair it may drive people away from the games. Money is tight and a difference in $5-$10 an event due to raised prices and parking could be the difference for some going to the game or not.

OHSAA’s price gouging kept me home during the playoffs for games I would of otherwise went to in years past. Sat a few hundred feet away at home when Wheelersburg came to town.

But to the topic of this post I love going to any event at Wheelersburg. Sometimes there are a few bad apples but the environment in Wheelersburg is always great as a visitor. People at the gate/concessions are very respectful and do a great job. You can tell in every aspect that they take pride in their school and it shows in every aspect surrounding the events.

Return to “Boys Basketball”