16. New Boston
17. Eastern Pike
18. Manchester
19. Southern
20. Miller
21. East
22. Eastern Meigs
23. Clay
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:34 pm Back to the topic at hand. I'm curious to see how South Webster competes against Northwest tonight with Roberts being out. I do agree that they could 'slide' based off their number of losses and if they drop a game to an improving Northwest team that could really hurt their seeding. Northwest is a totally different team with Lintz in there. Webster without Roberts is a massive hit. Should be a close game.

Valley at West has some appeal but West has been really bad the last week for some odd reason.

Any other notable matchups in D4 tonight? If this weather comes in Thursday night like some are predicting this very well could be the last game before tournament seeding this weekend.
Northwest BEAT THE BRAKES OFF this Webster team last year by 35 pts (I don't know what the phrase means either, but it apparently pretty popular around Glouster these days). Without Roberts, it basically the same kids on the floor as last year, so I'd say Northwest the favorite tonight.

As for the seedings, there will always be some gamesmanship, and usually the SOC II teams bear the brunt of it. But Trimble the clear 1 seed and if there a way they can avoid Valley or Webster until Regionals, you gotta think they'd be open to it.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Lucasville not invited?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:34 pm Let me give it a try:

1. Trimble
2. Western
3. Fed Hock
4. Valley
5. Fairfield
6. Symmes Valley
7. Waterford
8. South Webster
9. Paint Valley
10. Whiteoak
11. Notre Dame
12. Peebles
13. South Gallia
14. Ironton St Joe
15. New Boston
16. Green
17. Manchester
18. Southern
19. Miller
20. East
21. Eastern Meigs
22. Clay
Talk about making it tough on Trimble. Lol this would be the way to do it

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sportsfan98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:27 pm

1. Trimble
2. Western
3. Fed Hock
4. Valley
5. Fairfield
6. Symmes Valley
7. Waterford
8. South Webster
9. Paint Valley
10. Whiteoak
11. Notre Dame
12. Peebles
13. South Gallia
14. Ironton St Joe
15. New Boston
16. Green
17. Manchester
18. Southern
19. Miller
20. East
21. Eastern Meigs
22. Clay
Talk about making it tough on Trimble. Lol this would be the way to do it
While also helping each other out

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:34 pm Back to the topic at hand. I'm curious to see how South Webster competes against Northwest tonight with Roberts being out. I do agree that they could 'slide' based off their number of losses and if they drop a game to an improving Northwest team that could really hurt their seeding. Northwest is a totally different team with Lintz in there. Webster without Roberts is a massive hit. Should be a close game.

Valley at West has some appeal but West has been really bad the last week for some odd reason.

Any other notable matchups in D4 tonight? If this weather comes in Thursday night like some are predicting this very well could be the last game before tournament seeding this weekend.
Northwest BEAT THE BRAKES OFF this Webster team last year by 35 pts (I don't know what the phrase means either, but it apparently pretty popular around Glouster these days). Without Roberts, it basically the same kids on the floor as last year, so I'd say Northwest the favorite tonight.

As for the seedings, there will always be some gamesmanship, and usually the SOC II teams bear the brunt of it. But Trimble the clear 1 seed and if there a way they can avoid Valley or Webster until Regionals, you gotta think they'd be open to it.*
South Webster BEAT THE BRAKES off of NW tonight

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:56 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 pm

South Webster BEAT THE BRAKES off of NW tonight
Lol...indeed they did.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

NW can’t win a game when they actually call them for tackling the other team every possession

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:38 pm 9E71BB49-0C0D-4D71-BF92-6CE46B103379.png
FF has Fayetteville and Eastern Brown games coming up. I think Fayetteville has the small school shac wrapped up. If FF beats Fayetteville and Eastern continues to win,the big school title will be decided at Eastern / FF . At Eastern. Both have one league loss.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

:cry:

1. Trimble
2. Western
3. Fed Hock
4. Valley
5. Fairfield
6. Symmes Valley
7. Waterford
8. South Webster
9. Paint Valley
10. Whiteoak
11. Notre Dame
12. Peebles
13. South Gallia
14. Ironton St Joe
15. New Boston
16. Green
17. Manchester
18. Southern
19. Miller
20. East
21. Eastern Meigs
22. Clay
Eastern Pike? Green beat New Boston and has a better record. Those two would be flipped for me. Notre dame and peebles over Whiteoak.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Harambe wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 pm :cry:

1. Trimble
2. Western
3. Fed Hock
4. Valley
5. Fairfield
6. Symmes Valley
7. Waterford
8. South Webster
9. Paint Valley
10. Whiteoak
11. Notre Dame
12. Peebles
13. South Gallia
14. Ironton St Joe
15. New Boston
16. Green
17. Manchester
18. Southern
19. Miller
20. East
21. Eastern Meigs
22. Clay
Eastern Pike? Green beat New Boston and has a better record. Those two would be flipped for me. Notre dame and peebles over Whiteoak.
Eastern Pike got lost in my edit as I checked on a couple records of the lower tier teams…..I added them back

These aren’t greatly close to how I’d rank them or seed them….this is me thinking as an SOC 1 or TVC coach (minus Trimble)…..Keeps them basically all playing each other, while avoiding Trimble, Valley, South Webster. Me putting Whiteoak over ND and Peebles likely makes Waterford happy and WO would have a 3 hr trip to a tough environment….and Peebles at 12 (with one of the elite coaches) puts them in that matchup of the #5 slot

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Having seen Whiteoak for the 2nd time last night, they are a team that no one will want to play. They do not consistently guard, but they have two kids that can flat out score the ball so they could get hot if they get some stops.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

In terms of sheer talent I will stand by my word that Trimble, Valley, and South Webster are the 3 most talented teams in D4 SEO.

Now, Webster will probably get screwed during seeding because not enough coaches respect their schedule, but hopefully enough respect them to not allow them to slip past the 4-5 matchup.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Symmes Valley

Something like that and most teams are happy.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am In terms of sheer talent I will stand by my word that Trimble, Valley, and South Webster are the 3 most talented teams in D4 SEO.

Now, Webster will probably get screwed during seeding because not enough coaches respect their schedule, but hopefully enough respect them to not allow them to slip past the 4-5 matchup.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Symmes Valley

Correction... if Western and Symmes don't play again before the draw, then Symmes and Western could be flipped since Symmes did win their one and only matchup so far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am In terms of sheer talent I will stand by my word that Trimble, Valley, and South Webster are the 3 most talented teams in D4 SEO.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Symmes Valley

Fed Hock at 14-3? If they don’t lose again I have to imagine they have the power to be in that top 5

I don’t think it’s a “not enough coaches respect their schedule”…..heck the Valley sectional for 15 straight years it seemed paired SW vs a good SHAC school while the 3/6 seeds were aka ways an SOC 1 matchup. I think coaches from the TVC respect their schedule and know dang well if they played SW’s schedule that their 13-3 would be closer to 9-7, but they don’t care because they are trying to work what’s best for their team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 pm

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Symmes Valley

Fed Hock at 14-3? If they don’t lose again I have to imagine they have the power to be in that top 5

I don’t think it’s a “not enough coaches respect their schedule”…..heck the Valley sectional for 15 straight years it seemed paired SW vs a good SHAC school while the 3/6 seeds were aka ways an SOC 1 matchup. I think coaches from the TVC respect their schedule and know dang well if they played SW’s schedule that their 13-3 would be closer to 9-7, but they don’t care because they are trying to work what’s best for their team.
The TVC is really, really bad other than Trimble and Waterford who is average in talent compared to rest of SEO D4.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:35 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 pm

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Symmes Valley

The TVC is really, really bad other than Trimble and Waterford who is average in talent compared to rest of SEO D4.
I’m just saying I doubt teams will be seeded like we think they should be. I’d bet Fed Hock gets seeded higher than you think they should.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Fed Hock is in the TVC right?? I wouldn’t consider them bad. They’ve beat Waterford 2 times. They do have to play Trimble 2 times I believe. But won’t matter for the draw.

I however believe Fed Hock won’t get in the top 5. I think SHAC and SOC schools will vote fairfield over them

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Harambe wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 am Fed Hock is in the TVC right?? I wouldn’t consider them bad. They’ve beat Waterford 2 times. They do have to play Trimble 2 times I believe. But won’t matter for the draw.

I however believe Fed Hock won’t get in the top 5. I think SHAC and SOC schools will vote fairfield over them
I hope your right….I lost my last bet but I’m not betting FF gets better seed than Fed Hock even though I 100% feel they should.

Return to “Boys Basketball”