SOC

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

SOC

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Would it make more sense to have Portmouth in SOC 2, Eastern Pike in SOC 1, and symmes valley in OVC?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: SOC

Post by BigGuy10 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:47 pm Would it make more sense to have Portmouth in SOC 2, Eastern Pike in SOC 1, and symmes valley in OVC?
That seems logical.. are we speaking in basketball terms only? Or for all sports?

I don't think Portsmouth is a bad fit for the OVC but I also think they'd be nice for SOC2 like you mentioned as well. They're kinda right in the mix of both

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Probably, yes. Not sure Symmes would want to be in the OVC. Makes more sense location wise but it's a drastic jump talent wise from the SOC 1.

I've always wanted the SOC to have 3 divisions....

Big School:

Ironton
Wheelersburg
Jackson
Portsmouth
Waverly
West
Minford
Fairland?
Chesapeake?
South Point?

Middle:

Oak Hill
South Webster
Valley
Piketon?
Northwest
Eastern Pike
Western Pike
Rock Hill?
Coal Grove?

Small:

Notre Dame
Symmes Valley
Green
St. Joe
Clay
East
New Boston
South Gallia?
Manchester?

Not perfect but somewhere along those lines would be beneficial for many local teams.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I personally am fine with keeping most conferences as they are, but I have had a couple thoughts on a few minor switches

Size wise and Location wise, I think it would make sense for Waverly and Unioto to move into the FAC for all sports. Travel shouldn't be a problem and divisionally you'd be basically all the same. Do I think it'll actually happen, probably not. But that seems like a realistic scenario if ever brought up.

And if that would happen, to answer the initial question of the post you could replace Waverly with Portsmouth in the SOC2

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The ride from Symmes to Manchester 👀

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I think we are going to have to look at teams closer to home in the future. Cost of travel is killing schools now. Manchester isnt close to anyone but Ripley ,Mason county,Ky,and West Union. They have lost two powerplants that helped them financially with great tax base and jobs. Travel is a big deal now days.

Return to “Boys Basketball”