D4 Scores and Updates 2022

transplant
SE

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by transplant »

I agree. I watched waverly and valley last night, then watched western and symmes valley tonight. Two completely different games.

OldHead47
Waterboy

Post by OldHead47 »

Dlightle72 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 pm No disrespect to Western, Symmes Valley, or South Webster but Trimble is a different beast heck Valley is on a different level . But Trimble and Valley are the top to division 4 teams in our area. Now I completely understand anyone can win on a given night. But those to our the area best shot at a regional birth.
I agree with this 100%. No disrespect but there is a big gap between the top 2 teams and the rest of the bracket. Going to be a great game to watch when it gets to Trimble vs Valley. I would just hope they have at least one decently competitive game before their matchup

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

SW can beat any D4 team on any given night. I wouldn't say there is a huge drop-off between Valley, Trimble and SW. JMO. The bracket is not indicative of the best teams being in the top 5.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:17 pm SW can beat any D4 team on any given night. I wouldn't say there is a huge drop-off between Valley, Trimble and SW. JMO. The bracket is not indicative of the best teams being in the top 5.
Agree. South Webster split with Valley and won the most recent matchup AT Valley. To say there’s a huge gap between Valley and Webster just tells me the person posting has no idea what they’re talking about.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:52 pm
FIDO wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:17 pm SW can beat any D4 team on any given night. I wouldn't say there is a huge drop-off between Valley, Trimble and SW. JMO. The bracket is not indicative of the best teams being in the top 5.
Agree. South Webster split with Valley and won the most recent matchup AT Valley. To say there’s a huge gap between Valley and Webster just tells me the person posting has no idea what they’re talking about.
Tied game with 1:30 to go in the first matchup.
Valley = SW

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

OldHead47 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:39 pm
Dlightle72 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 pm No disrespect to Western, Symmes Valley, or South Webster but Trimble is a different beast heck Valley is on a different level . But Trimble and Valley are the top to division 4 teams in our area. Now I completely understand anyone can win on a given night. But those to our the area best shot at a regional birth.
I agree with this 100%. No disrespect but there is a big gap between the top 2 teams and the rest of the bracket. Going to be a great game to watch when it gets to Trimble vs Valley. I would just hope they have at least one decently competitive game before their matchup
darn...Webster might as well get out the bats and gloves this Monday!*

Dlightle72
Waterboy

Post by Dlightle72 »

Don’t miss understand me I didn’t say the others wer bad teams and that they couldn’t make a nice run. And I agree that SW and Valley are closer than Trimble and anyone else in our area. I’m just saying I feel Trimble is is the team in our area the next best team is Valley. And I put SW , Western, Symmes on the next tier.I hope I’m wrong and one of these SOC schools goes all the way.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

If Valley plays like they did against Waverly, good luck. However, we've seen 2 sides to this team. 4 losses (3 being to #1 seeds in D2/3) but weve seen them win a few by thin margins.

It's very encouraging to to see how theyre playing heading into the tournament.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

It’s Trimble, then everybody else. The Tomcats are a different beast than the rest of the teams in this division and they have one of the best coaches around.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:29 pm It’s Trimble, then everybody else. The Tomcats are a different beast than the rest of the teams in this division and they have one of the best coaches around.
If they beat the rematch game with Fed Hock by 15 and then win by double digits through the regional semis….I’ll agree

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Trimble a different beast? They just escaped over FH come on now

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:40 pm Trimble a different beast? They just escaped over FH come on now
Since that good West Muskingum kid started playing, Federal Hocking has been a completely different team. Trimble and Federal Hocking will likely meet in the district finals

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:00 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:40 pm Trimble a different beast? They just escaped over FH come on now
Since that good West Muskingum kid started playing, Federal Hocking has been a completely different team. Trimble and Federal Hocking will likely meet in the district finals
Strange combo of schools

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They were good and playing well without him, but yes, he is a difference maker. Talent wise, probably the 2nd best player in the league after Guffey. He is almost unguardable one-on-one.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

When did this kid start playing? I don’t know anything about FH. Was he hurt? Transfer in mid season?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 pm Bout tired of all this Brake Beatin’ goin on around here
I don't blame you. I wouldn't' want to be playin against the Cats right now losing my brakes to a beatdown either. Just wait until you get them in the tourney if you don't like "brake beatin." You'll get more than your fill of it. :mrgreen:

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Got cheated off the court but still came out with the win. We'll beat the brakes off of them in the Howie Dome. Plus they're playing a transfer player. How do you do that? Thought they had to sit out the second half of the season?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:25 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 pm Bout tired of all this Brake Beatin’ goin on around here
I remember reading that during football from some of these jokers but I have to admit I don't even know what the he11 it means. Sounds like something some high school kid would say. :mrgreen:
You should focus on selling cars Koondogger. Hopefully you're a better used car salesman than you were a coach. :shock:

Lancerfan123
Waterboy

Post by Lancerfan123 »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:00 am
Got cheated off the court but still came out with the win. We'll beat the brakes off of them in the Howie Dome. Plus they're playing a transfer player. How do you do that? Thought they had to sit out the second half of the season?
Got cheated off the court?!?!?! Trimble always complains if the game is properly officiated. BTW the brake beating in the Howie Dome was a 1 point loss. Including FH playing 5 v 8

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Gotta agree a certain player for Trimble could’ve been called 5 times for lowering the shoulder… and probably got more than one freebie and one. Just where I was seated. I hate Trimble and FH equally but that’s what I saw.

Return to “Boys Basketball”