East District Division IV

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Re: East District Division IV

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Riverrats wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:51 pm Some of not being able to score and not handling the pressure is based on the competition. I realize Hiland has been the boogie man in D4 east for awhile but times change and sometimes a few adjustments can make all of the difference. Linsly isn't Linsly of old. I know Wojick made the move to create a competitive national prep program there when he got hired and began pulling players in through his aau program through several states. They dropped a lot of local teams and started playing the big guys. They recruit the players to play the pressure they want Linsly played a pretty tight game with Dover who is the #6 D1 in Ohio and who just smashed West Virginias top 5a school, they beat Fort Frye by 40, Bellaire by 30 and East Liverpool by 20 some. I'm not crowning River, I just wouldn't count them out against the east district teams. They have a tough road but could do it I'm just cutting them a break and not making as much out of losing to a team like Linsly. Shadyside is in the same boat and I'm looking forward to that war with the tigers. I don't have a dog in it, we are Meadowbrook but hoping at least one of the river teams can make a run.
I think that is a very great thought too. I will by no means doubting the Pilots in this district. They have the talent and coaching to make it out. I believe they'll be getting the full preparation of physical jumping defense from here on out and will be prepared. Their path out is just very difficult at this point unless I am not making enough of the Malvern slip as of late. The Pilots are one of my picks to make the District Final, but I am nervous for them with matchup with the Hawks.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

In the end they have to play the game. Teams like River and Shadyside ultimately have to go through the big dog. Hiland has the proven ability to get it done and prepares it's team throughout the season through it's coaching, schedule and grind. That is why they are so respected For the river teams to have a chance they will need to be truly special. As for us we get to sit back and enjoy an entertaining D4 east as opposed to previous years.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Yes I agree this year's d4 East District ,is very balance,to me ,there's not a dominant team that stands out, whoever's on there game on any given night ,will move on, hopefully there's no injury's or sickness, that could set back one of these good team's

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Dalton. 61
Hiland 60 played at Dalton
Hiland lead for three and half quarters, but couldn't hang on,had a steal with about three seconds to go, but had shot block at the buzzer
H. 17 - 31 - 44 - 60
D. 12 - 24 - 40 - 61
Hiland's super sophomore had 28 for the game

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

River 33 Union Local 26
Pilots go to 19-2. Hold UL to 9 points in 2nd half.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

I think I saw River won the third quarter 3-2. I then saw an East district coach saying how he believes there needs to be a shot clock in the OHSAA. Correlation? :lol:

Hiland is truly heating up. I think that Dalton team has state tournament energy after their game at Lutheran East (Unless they have players sitting the second half of the year). Hiland losing that game the way that they did shows how well they are coming together. It will be a FUN district tourney!

Also, after I have been blowing the Shadyside horn, the Tigers lose to Shenandoah, who is down this year. Tigers were without a starter but still, that is not a great loss.

This district truly is going to be a very interesting.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Toughest district based on rank
Toughest district based on rank

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

So it wasn't our imagination both D2 and D4 East

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

I love Martin RPI. He does great stuff. Not only is the D4 east district the 2nd best in the division, its also the second best in the STATE. Meanwhile, the Columbus districts....

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

No2 seed in D4 Hiland 47
No2 seed in D3 Tusky Valley 32
In what was a big time defensive battle in the first half as both teams were laying it on the line,every shot was tightly contested, Hiland lead 15-9 at the half,it being senior night and a league game the Hawks seem real tight the first half,once we got a little separation in the third quarter,the shots started falling,a very nice win over a real good TV team

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

after seeing the last few games for hiland looks like they will win this district pretty handily

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Maybe. But it will be low scoring, tough games in the districts

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

East District D4 Sectionals-Semis for February 22
3-19 Shenandoah @ 20-2 River
4-18 Steubenville Catholic @ 18-4 Malvern
7-13 Conotton Valley @ 14-8 Strasburg
4-18 Beallsville @ 17-4 Hiland
10-10 Bishop Rosecrans @ 11-11 Tusky Catholic
9-12 Toronto @ 15-7 Monroe Central
9-13 Frontier @ 17-5 Caldwell

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Everything goes chalk in this one. Going to be quite an interesting Friday night of sectional finals coming our way in the East District with various play styles. We will be getting some great offense in Caldwell while Hannibal they could be carrying guys out of RL Potts gym on stretchers because of how physical the game will get.

Hiland held Beallsville to 10 points last night, River held Shenandoah to 17 points and 3 points in the second half.

The district is a meat grinder and we will be figuring out a lot on Friday night about what these teams are made of now.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

It was Hiland 44-7 at half , varsity a couple minutes in the third qt,then reserve and freshman finished the game off,it was probably like a light scrimmage, for some of the higher seeded teams,now the tournament starts to get interesting,there could be some upsets, River vs Shadyside for round three, Malvern vs Strasburg for round three, Caldwell vs Monroe Central for round four, Hiland vs TCC didn't play this season, but there games in the past have been some real dog fights
Last edited by hhawk on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Who is the coach at TCC after Tyrone left? I hadn't thought about that. I always lean coaching so much the deeper we get into the tournament (why I typically always pick Hiland).

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

His last name is Sabin, he came from New Philly as a assistant coach for the Quackers,he brought his two boys from Philly with him,ones a sr.the other is Jr.,the Jr. boy is a really good guard, averaging around 20,the new coach is not the defensive minded coach as T.Miller was

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

River falls at home to Shadyside 31-29. Incredible job by the Tigers to continue to get buckets and recover from turnovers. River finally died by what has plagued them this year - no true go-to bucket getter and pretty bad free throw shooting. Heard some ref complains but don't think it changed the outcome. River finding the bottom of the bucket was going to be tough tonight.

Looks like Monroe central is going to hold on to beat Caldwell at Caldwell as well.

Malvern going to advance.

Hiland winning 61-56 in OT over TCC. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

The district was the second toughest in the state and it showed tonight. A lot of great teams left and a lot of great teams going home.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

blackshooky wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:48 pm
Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:05 pm [quote=PVCGuru post_id=<a href="tel:1987158">1987158</a> time=<a href="tel:1644715947">1644715947</a> user_id=756]
[quote=Riverrats post_id=<a href="tel:1987146">1987146</a> time=<a href="tel:1644715324">1644715324</a> user_id=17238]
River really impressed me. You knew Linsly was going to pull away late in this one. Linsly is rotating 9 or 10 kids. It's just too much for small schools to match that energy level for four quarters when you are running six or seven. River is nice though. I like them to come out of the district after watching them.
It was almost certainly their worst game of the year. Linsly’s pressure and athleticism really bothered River.

River might win the District but today showed how to beat them.

Shadyside lost their point guard the entire first quarter from an elbow on the tip. Outscored WC 56-39 the last 3 quarters.
👍 I Came in after start of second.

Linsly just throws so much at you in variety, numbers and pressure. They have the personnel for everyone to always be fresh and unique defensively. I thought the River guards held up as long as they could under the pressure.
[/quote]

river had way to many turnovers to win this game. not sure river will be able to beat slim shady for a third time. if they do end up facing hiland i can see hiland playing the same type of in your face physical defense.
[/quote]

not surprised slim shady won this game, saw it coming after seeing both teams play in the ovac championships at cadiz

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

I guess it's survive and advance and we just survived, it's hard to believe TCC has 11 losses, there point guard just gave us fits,he's very good,had 24 tonight,we played like a team that. was very tight,we just willed our way to this win,down 7 with three minutes to go in game at 40-47,then send it to ot at 51 all, the IVC teams in both divisions struggle tonight win, other than Sandy Valley losing in OT,the Malvern game with Strasburg surprised me by the margin of the score

Return to “Boys Basketball”