District Championship …Trimble vs Western. Updates

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

District Championship …Trimble vs Western. Updates

Post by Ironman92 »

Big showdown. I think these coaches both wanted this district championship matchup. Should be a good one!

Trimble has NOT looked great BUT they keep advancing….and the best player has looked great. Western has been very good and very solid. My gut feels like Trimble will have a big game where they have a little room to breathe.

Trimble 73-61

bone1978
Waterboy

Re: District Championship …Trimble vs Western

Post by bone1978 »

Picking Valley in this one. Feels like Trimble has been running through the raindrops. Should be a good game regardless.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Should be a tight game the entire way but I think Trimble finds a way to pull it out late.

Trimble 55
Western 47

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

bone1978 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:42 pm Picking Valley in this one. Feels like Trimble has been running through the raindrops. Should be a good game regardless.
Trimble isn't playing Valley. They're playing Western

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Trimble 77
Western Latham 58

Trimble will penetrate and use speed and strength to get 25 free throws. Western won’t be able to keep pace.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Trimble 77
Western Latham 58

Trimble will penetrate and use speed and strength to get 25 free throws. Western won’t be able to keep pace.
Here we go…😂😂. 19 points???!! What on earth are you basing that on?? I mean seriously.
Let me be clear…if someone wants to pick Trimble fine… I won’t argue with you, but by 19, or even double digits? Even if it happens there is no evidence to predict that. At all. Lol.
Trimble split 2 one-point games with Fed Hock that Western just beat by 6. And by the way…FH won the first quarter 19-11 and then Western won ever quarter after that. So it was 55-41 Western after the first quarter and Western settled down.
Trimble just beat ND (the 3rd place team in the SOC 1) by 1…Western beat ND twice, once on their home floor and once by 15.
Again, I’m not saying anything I just typed should convince anyone to pick Western but at what point is someone going to notice the TVC ain’t that great. Lol. I seriously keep chuckling out loud as I type.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Will Howie shake hands with Western when he gets the brakes beat off? Western coaches were at the half court miracle game. Give me the Indians by 9

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ballfan20
Waterboy

Post by Ballfan20 »

Coach Williams will have the Indians ready.
Everyone on here has doubted them all season, and continues to do so. These Western Indians play hard, and will play you until the final second.
I take the Indians if they can stay out of foul trouble.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

JustAnObserver wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:34 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Trimble 77
Western Latham 58

Here we go…😂😂. 19 points???!! What on earth are you basing that on?? I mean seriously.
Let me be clear…if someone wants to pick Trimble fine… I won’t argue with you, but by 19, or even double digits? Even if it happens there is no evidence to predict that. At all. Lol.
Trimble split 2 one-point games with Fed Hock that Western just beat by 6. And by the way…FH won the first quarter 19-11 and then Western won ever quarter after that. So it was 55-41 Western after the first quarter and Western settled down.
Trimble just beat ND (the 3rd place team in the SOC 1) by 1…Western beat ND twice, once on their home floor and once by 15.
Again, I’m not saying anything I just typed should convince anyone to pick Western but at what point is someone going to notice the TVC ain’t that great. Lol. I seriously keep chuckling out loud as I type.
I said they’d live at the line with 25 free throws and Guffey will dominate like he does almost every game. Howie doesn’t lose district championship games. I just don’t think it will be very close. Previous games and match ups don’t matter. I’m sticking with it.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

2019 Did Trimble win the District Championship against Glenwood?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Point blank wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:25 pm 2019 Did Trimble win the District Championship against Glenwood?
2014 or 2015 Beau Justice gave him a dagger.

bone1978
Waterboy

Post by bone1978 »

Oh dang it I meant Western not Valley.

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm Will Howie shake hands with Western when he gets the brakes beat off? Western coaches were at the half court miracle game. Give me the Indians by 9
Swanker what’s it going to take to give us a break! You have bashed the boys and girls! Do you dislike us that much!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Beckster82 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:34 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm Will Howie shake hands with Western when he gets the brakes beat off? Western coaches were at the half court miracle game. Give me the Indians by 9
Swanker what’s it going to take to give us a break! You have bashed the boys and girls! Do you dislike us that much!!!
Yes ❤️

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:18 pm
Beckster82 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:34 pm
Yes ❤️
Swanker loves the Cats, that’s why he hangs around these forums.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble will have to play much better than they did in the semis to win this game. Western is very good, very well coached and can shoot the lights out. Cats need to drag them into a low scoring dog fight and control the tempo, which they are excellent at doing.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I was made a Western believer after watching them on Saturday for the first time. I think their hard-nosed defensive pressure is superb.

Guffey is so great and will be again on Friday night. I do worry about the ball handlers for Trimble holding up.

This game will be won by second half adjustments IMO and Howie has shown that he does it almost better than anyone (His adjustments propelled them on Saturday)

Still, I think that Western's coach (and coaching staff) are very intelligent. The moment didn't seem too large for them on Saturday and I don't believe it will be too large on Friday.

I'll take Western 54-51. It is going to be a fun one and can't wait to see the coaching battle that will come.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:59 pm Trimble will have to play much better than they did in the semis to win this game. Western is very good, very well coached and can shoot the lights out. Cats need to drag them into a low scoring dog fight and control the tempo, which they are excellent at doing.
You talking 40’s or 50’s?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:17 am
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:59 pm Trimble will have to play much better than they did in the semis to win this game. Western is very good, very well coached and can shoot the lights out. Cats need to drag them into a low scoring dog fight and control the tempo, which they are excellent at doing.
You talking 40’s or 50’s?
High 40's or low 50's and I like the Cats chances.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble trying to get to regional for the 4th time in 8 years

2021 Regional Semi final
2020 regional semi final
2019 district final
2018 district semi final
2017 district semi final
2016 regional semi final
2015 regional semi final