EAST DISTRICT D2

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Re: EAST DISTRICT D2

Post by Riverrats »

Riverrats wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:03 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Meadowbrook avoids the upset against Cambridge 47-44 final
Yep. Throw out the record in this game always. I was there, colts also threw it away twice at the end to get the place crazy, cats responded with a 3 immediately. Great game.

St.C beats Riverview in OT
Indian Valley over Maysville.
Whoever comes out of this district better have a complete game, some depth and get a little lucky probably at some point.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Riverrats wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:07 pm
Riverrats wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:03 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Meadowbrook avoids the upset against Cambridge 47-44 final
Yep. Throw out the record in this game always. I was there, colts also threw it away twice at the end to get the place crazy, cats responded with a 3 immediately giving them a chance at the end. Great game.

St.C beats Riverview in OT
Indian Valley over Maysville.
Whoever comes out of this district better have a complete game, some depth and get a little lucky probably at some point.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Liverpool wins at the buzzer. Indian creek took Tri Valley into the 4th quarter. First game of the tournament is usually tough.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Some good ones coming up. St.C playing East Liverpool for the 4th time? At least 3 that I know with Potters taking them all. The Meadowbrook I.V. game may be a coin flipper. It looked close during early scrimmages. I've always like Tyrone Millers teams but this will be a tall task against the colts. I'll take the potters by 8, colts by 9.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

W. Holmes/ Tri Valley might be close. Philly by 15 over JG, but you never know.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Colts 46-23 4th

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Semis are set
Meadowbrook vs New Philadelphia
Tri-Valley vs East Liverpool

Brook, Phila, and Tri V all coast. East Liverpool beats St.C for like the 10th time this year.

Top four seeds advance to district play with no real upsets. These were the four most felt could win it all and no one would be shocked.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

It will be interesting. Philly and Tri Valley are the favorites, but they’ll all be close. Eastern district, boys and girls, have been as competitive as I’ve seen in a long time. Good luck 🍀👍

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

TV pulls away late from the potters. I went to the New Philadelphia-Meadowbrook game. Meadowbrook started off fast and was never behind keeping it in the 6-10 range until the end. Colts win by 2 but never looked threatened (meaningless 3 with no time to go to cut to two). It never looked like the quakers had an answer for Jake Singleton (25) or their aggressive defense. Vandel hurt the colts with 8 early points but a timeout and adjustment and he was held in check after.
This sets up a great district final. Tri-Valley ran away with an early season game at their place. The colts sat their big (2nd leading scorers) and a guard for the first quarter and they never got it going after they went in. I expect this to be a different game. The reffing crew that night...I'll be politically correct.. didn't need to look for parking. They had hcp permits. Two elderly guys and let's just say a big fella weren't prepared for a track meet like these teams bring.
Im taking the colts in this, too much history and Singleton hit them for 32 with no help last time. The colts appear to be able to handle the size now the Scotties bring. Either way this game will probably close and a dandy even though that Dover game is still in the back of my head. Colts may run away with this one.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Riverrats wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:12 pm TV pulls away late from the potters. I went to the New Philadelphia-Meadowbrook game. Meadowbrook started off fast and was never behind keeping it in the 6-10 range until the end. Colts win by 2 but never looked threatened (meaningless 3 with no time to go to cut to two). It never looked like the quakers had an answer for Jake Singleton (25) or their aggressive defense. Vandel hurt the colts with 8 early points but a timeout and adjustment and he was held in check after.
This sets up a great district final. Tri-Valley ran away with an early season game at their place. The colts sat their big (2nd leading scorers) and a guard for the first quarter and they never got it going after they went in. I expect this to be a different game. The reffing crew that night...I'll be politically correct.. didn't need to look for parking. They had hcp permits. Two elderly guys and let's just say a big fella weren't prepared for a track meet like these teams bring.
Im taking the colts in this, too much history and Singleton hit them for 32 with no help last time. The colts appear to be able to handle the size now the Scotties bring. Either way this game will probably close and a dandy even though that Dover game is still in the back of my head. Colts may run away with this one.
. I doubt meadowbrook runs away with this. Tri Valley/ meadowbrook top 1-2-3 teams in this district. Should be a good one.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Riverrats wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:12 pm TV pulls away late from the potters. I went to the New Philadelphia-Meadowbrook game. Meadowbrook started off fast and was never behind keeping it in the 6-10 range until the end. Colts win by 2 but never looked threatened (meaningless 3 with no time to go to cut to two). It never looked like the quakers had an answer for Jake Singleton (25) or their aggressive defense. Vandel hurt the colts with 8 early points but a timeout and adjustment and he was held in check after.
You failed to mention that Tri Valley was playing without 2 of their starters that first game when they beat Meadowbrook. I'm going with Tri Valley in this one. Much better all around team, they can let singleton get his 30 and still win this one. Either way, impressive for 2 MVL teams to make it to finals and guarantee a spot in the regional. Let's hope Sheridan can make it 2 teams.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Absolutely, the MVL is a big boy conference for sure and will continue to be didn't know...Looked like all of the usuals to me Chandler Smith Neal Lyles (2) Burkhart. Should be a good game no doubt either way. TV is the favorite, that is why they are the #2 seed, well coached, big inside, mature guards and I'm sure their worst nightmare would be to get knocked out by MHS for the third time to end a career. So they will be motivated. But you still have to play it. Meadowbrooks starting lineup and rotation has changed a little and they look like a different team than earlier. Can't wait and I will cheer on whatever MVl team makes it to 16

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Meadowbrook 78 Tri-Valley 68. Colts survive the gauntlet beating the #1 and #2 seed back to back and win the East D2 for the fifth time in six years. This went to OT on a last second three by Meadowbrook. Singleton sat for over a quarter with four fouls, three other Meadowbrook starters played the entire 4th with four fouls to hang on. Singleton finishes with 32, and Dorsey 23 in the effort. Meadowbrook came out strong staying up 6-9 points for most of the first half, pulled some starters when the fouls came and the Scottie depth took over. Tri-Valley was up by 5 with 38 seconds but couldn't finish off the colts when they went to foul and three point shot mode.

Tri-Valley has some great seniors that left a mark in the MVL and left it all the floor. Be proud. Meadowbrook faces a dominant, tall Health Bulldog team Thursday at 6 in Athens in the regional semi.

carnholio
Waterboy

Post by carnholio »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 pm Be proud. Meadowbrook faces a dominant, tall Health Bulldog team Thursday at 6 in Athens in the regional semi.
LCL > MVL small school biddy league champion, or some Southeastern District school with no bench.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

carnholio wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:32 pm
Riverrats wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 pm Be proud. Meadowbrook faces a dominant, tall Health Bulldog team Thursday at 6 in Athens in the regional semi.
LCL > MVL small school biddy league champion, or some Southeastern District school with no bench.
Heath has had a good team the last few years with three great players coming together. That doesn't make the Licking Valley Conf a powerhouse over the MVL or anyone else. Tri Valley and Meadowbrook beat all of their LVL opponents. Seems to me Licking League usually get bumped out by the central Catholic league or whatever other conference they play annually at the regional level. Outside of Newark Catholic they don't have a history of dominance in basketball or any sport. John Glenn (biddy league MVL supposedly) had the last basketball state title out of the two conferences. Heath has had a great run with this three year basketball group and are heavily favored against Meadowbrook due to their size and bench. But Heath sports or the Licking League aren't carrying any big brother vibe to anyone in the east or southeast. Tri Valley annually holds their own against that league in football. Meadowbrook will bring their little team (358 students and 7 man rotation) and will take their shot like everyone else. It's is a giant task. But In the end everyone still plays Akron St. V. So everyone gets to be someone's little brother.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

I look at Waverly and Meadowbrook with two sub 5'11 guards in Robertson and Singleton who get 25-30 plus every night. They get doubled and faceguarded by these so called big boy players and teams and it makes me laugh. They may not win but they will get their respect I guarantee that. It would be great, but unlikely if they squeak through and match up against each other.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Tri Valley didnt face guard and/or trap.

Return to “Boys Basketball”