Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

Post by pfloyd »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:19 pm Paint Valley and Washington both have had transfers that should help their teams this season. PV obviously with 2025 Braylon Robertson and I found out a couple days ago that WCH had 2023 Michael Bearden from Madison Plains transfer in this summer.
I was able to watch Bearden last year against Greenon, they lost by two I believe and he had 35 points, probably close to 10 steals and then about a dozen rebounds. Super athletic and extremely aggressive at both ends of the floor. He is a very solid pickup for the Blue Lions and will make an impact in the FAC, trust me. Probably about 6'1"-6'2". Assuming he and 2024 John Wall will be the backcourt for WCH.
... great pickup by WCH ... needed to know these things prior to rolling out the rankings ... I probably would have CH and MT trading places - we'll see how this plays out ! thanks for the info FACSPORT! - good stuff!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Good stuff.

SOC has 3 very good teams in Webster/Minford/Valley and several other solid teams that are capable of knocking any of the top 3 off. It will be a very competitive league. Don't be surprised when Oak Hill is over .500 this season. Northwest and Burg will be very dangerous as the season progresses. Question marks on West but they have enough athletes to make noise. Waverly goes into rebuild mode but has a good staff in place to extract the most out of their players. Eastern has a new young coach but SOC2 is just not the league for them.

OVC will also be interesting. Ironton has the athletes to match up with anyone (depending on who comes out to play). Portsmouth will be solid. I think Fairland is still the favorite. South Point could absolutely win the league and has arguably the best player in the conference. Gallia has 2 very good players with athletes around them, they'll be right there. Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Chesapeake will battle for the final 3 spots.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Post Ater Era at Burg and lots of kids transferred out. Bottom of the league?!

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Minford will be a tough out in the soc ,and Fairland should be right where they are at until someone knocks them out south point will be really good to and Portsmouth should be a contender this year with 3 starters back along with the move in and a very strong bench from last year

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:37 pm Post Ater Era at Burg and lots of kids transferred out. Bottom of the league?!
Gonna be a lot of people crying about Burg this season. Not sure why everyone is so down on this senior group. When playing together they haven't lost a game since 7th grade I believe. Prater seemed more than optimistic about this years Pirates

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Buchannon will either start at PG or get big minutes, hes going to be good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

MattAsh could you make this thread a sticky please …

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:59 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:37 pm Post Ater Era at Burg and lots of kids transferred out. Bottom of the league?!
Gonna be a lot of people crying about Burg this season. Not sure why everyone is so down on this senior group. When playing together they haven't lost a game since 7th grade I believe. Prater seemed more than optimistic about this years Pirates

hold this for me

🚨 🚨 🚨

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:59 pm
I agree with you. Wheelersburg will have plenty of athletes (and size) to cause problems across the board. The only fear I have with Burg coming into this season is consistent scoring, as well as the guard play. I expect Rucker to play early and often, but it's never easy for a freshman regardless of how skilled they are.

I think the league in general is very solid this year. I expect several teams to perform well in the tournament.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Pioneer77 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:05 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

1. Fairland
2. Zane Trace
3. Fairfield Union
4. Minford
5. Lucasville Valley
6. Logan Elm
7. Miami Trace
8. Sheridan

... TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Washington Court House
South Webster
Alexander
North Adams
Warren Local
Gallia Academy
Westfall
Vinton County
New Lexington
Unioto
Ironton
Paint Valley
Portsmouth
Peebles
Eastern Brown
Western Pike
Adena
Jackson
Green
Portsmouth Notre Dame
Northwest
Meigs
Greenfield McClain
Federal Hocking
South Point
Chesapeake
Trimble
Waverly
Hillsboro
Waterford
Fairfield Leesburg
Portsmouth West
Ironton St. Joseph
New Boston
Southeastern
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
Wellston
Piketon
Wheelerburg
Chillicothe
Logan
Whiteoak
Symmes Valley
Circleville
Huntington
Eastern Pike
Lynchburg Clay
Athens
Marietta
South Gallia
Nelsonville York
Southern
Belpre
River Valley
Manchester
Miller
Eastern Reedsville
Portsmouth East
Portsmouth Clay
Crooksville
West Union
If possible can someone provide some detail re: the prospects for:
-- Warren, Gallia Academy, Vinton County, Federal Hocking, Trimble, Athens, Marietta
Warren going to be very young and inexperienced. Taylor and Stadelman are back though

Sciotodowns
Waterboy

Post by Sciotodowns »

Three teams that I think will really surprise some people this year:
41. Ironton Saint Joe - They return a couple starters and got a few good transfers in. The question is coaching, I thought the Coach there did well enough for what they had last year.

42. New Boston - lost their best player from last year but Coach Cox reloaded with some recruits. They should be better than expected.

46. Rock Hill - this is by far the most athletic and talented team they’ve had in a long long time. The two kids moving back from Ironton should really help them. However if this team can’t string together a winning record then the people of Pedro will be upset.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Sciotodowns wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:55 am Three teams that I think will really surprise some people this year:
41. Ironton Saint Joe - They return a couple starters and got a few good transfers in. The question is coaching, I thought the Coach there did well enough for what they had last year.

42. New Boston - lost their best player from last year but Coach Cox reloaded with some recruits. They should be better than expected.

46. Rock Hill - this is by far the most athletic and talented team they’ve had in a long long time. The two kids moving back from Ironton should really help them. However if this team can’t string together a winning record then the people of Pedro will be upset.

So St. Joe got transfers ,and new Boston got recruits ? 😂

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:03 pm The Minford Falcons of Coach Shoemaker ... not sure there have been too many times that a team that finished #3 in my final rankings from last season, loses a 16-20 ppg player in Trenton Zimmerman yet the TEAM hangs tough opening at #4 to start the 2022-23 campaign ... MSH is led by who might be THE best player in SEO in sophomore Myles Montgomery , fellow starters Adam Crank, 6-6 Joe Hanna, 6-3 Devin Parker, off the bench with more size in 6-5 Luke Oakes ... add one of the best group of youngsters in Southern/SouthEast Ohio - these talented players will see the floor with varsity action this season as well: Jackson Shoemaker, Bennett Kayser, Jeffery Rica ... Minford has the players to pickup where they left off last season- lots of reasons to point the Pfloyd Jeep toward Southern Ohio and Scioto county this season ...
Devin Parker graduated last year.

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Post by Zone6_11Warriors »

Pinwheel wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:50 pm
Sciotodowns wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:55 am Three teams that I think will really surprise some people this year:

That is funny. ISJ openly put on their FB page come if you come to St. Joe, you can still play sports even with transferring. With high school coaches being able to coach AAU, it opens up for "transfer/recruits".

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:43 pm

That is funny. ISJ openly put on their FB page come if you come to St. Joe, you can still play sports even with transferring. With high school coaches being able to coach AAU, it opens up for "transfer/recruits".
What was posted on their FB was about the Ohio Edchoice program. If an area public school failed to meet the standards set forth by the state then students there could transfer to a private school. Under some conditions they could receive financial assistance also. ISJ would have been crazy not to take advantage of that program. I don’t if the new players fall under that program or not. ISJ is currently enjoying one of their best soccer seasons ever. Amazing doing that with 50 students 9-12

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:09 pm
Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:43 pm

What was posted on their FB was about the Ohio Edchoice program. If an area public school failed to meet the standards set forth by the state then students there could transfer to a private school. Under some conditions they could receive financial assistance also. ISJ would have been crazy not to take advantage of that program. I don’t if the new players fall under that program or not. ISJ is currently enjoying one of their best soccer seasons ever. Amazing doing that with 50 students 9-12

Good for Ironton st.joe ,they been losing kids to Ironton for a long time, not going to totally level the playing field but it's a start 👏👏

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

PFloyd you always do an awesome Job on these! Putting in the hard work and dedication! Kudos my friend!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Valenth wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:18 pm PFloyd you always do an awesome Job on these! Putting in the hard work and dedication! Kudos my friend!
... thanks Valenth! they're not perfect by any means but by the time we get a couple of weeks into the regular season we'll have a real good idea what we have this season - the TEAMS vs the wannabees ... I appreciate the read V!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth

Whiteoak has a 6’4 exchange student from Sweden. He is awesome.

Return to “Boys Basketball”