21 - Carson Freeman - 5’8 - FR
23 - Dawson Philyaw - 6’2 - FR
32 - Nick Sites - 6’2 - SO
45 - Caleb Jacobs - 6’4 - FR

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Ironton Roster

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very dangerous team with their size and athleticism. Good to see Ethan White back out. Also good to see Barnes out. Anxious to see how Felder is. Obviously a great athlete, anyone know if he played at Huntington last year? Lightning quick on the football field so I'd imagine he'll be a big help. Terry was also so fast and talented on the football field, absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Anxious to see what he brings as well.

I foresee Schreck taking a big step forward this year, he's a stud. Wilson should have a solid senior year. Carpenter will be their leader and do a lot of the little things.

Definitely not a team you want to see in the D3 tournament after they get their basketball legs because they have the size and speed to match up with anyone.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm Very dangerous team with their size and athleticism. Good to see Ethan White back out. Also good to see Barnes out. Anxious to see how Felder is. Obviously a great athlete, anyone know if he played at Huntington last year? Lightning quick on the football field so I'd imagine he'll be a big help. Terry was also so fast and talented on the football field, absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Anxious to see what he brings as well.

I foresee Schreck taking a big step forward this year, he's a stud. Wilson should have a solid senior year. Carpenter will be their leader and do a lot of the little things.

Definitely not a team you want to see in the D3 tournament after they get their basketball legs because they have the size and speed to match up with anyone.
They are up to D2 this year. But, I think that same thought applies there as well

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:55 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm Very dangerous team with their size and athleticism. Good to see Ethan White back out. Also good to see Barnes out. Anxious to see how Felder is. Obviously a great athlete, anyone know if he played at Huntington last year? Lightning quick on the football field so I'd imagine he'll be a big help. Terry was also so fast and talented on the football field, absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Anxious to see what he brings as well.

They are up to D2 this year. But, I think that same thought applies there as well
Oof! Totally forgot about that. D2 is pretty stout, but I still think they got the athletes to compete with anybody.

Anxious to see how they fare against Gallia in the OVC, who is undeniably one of the top D2 programs in the district. If they can compete with them that will speak volumes.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Enrollment of 177 + 23 competitive balance got them up to D-II.

Post by TigerBob »

Crazy to see not a single junior on the roster.

Wilson is still hurt from football and may not end up being able to play. Puts a lot on Terry and Schreck’s shoulders. They are the only creators on the team. Ethan White will go from being the 5th guy on every scouting report to the big that gets the attention. We will see how he does.

D2 is a killer for this group without Perkins. Sectional title and top half of the league would be a good result.

HYGH
Waterboy

Post by HYGH »

You got to be kidding me right now. Schreck is probably a 8th man. I dont see him getting many miuntes per game unless its a one sided game and they put subs in. Wilson will get bullied. Carpenter is in football shape, not basketball shape. Dont see this team going super far but goodluck

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

HYGH wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:24 am

You got to be kidding me right now. Schreck is probably a 8th man. I dont see him getting many miuntes per game unless its a one sided game and they put subs in. Wilson will get bullied. Carpenter is in football shape, not basketball shape. Dont see this team going super far but goodluck
Schreck is one of the top sophomores in all of SE Ohio. Not sure what you are watching.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:30 am

Schreck is one of the top sophomores in all of SE Ohio. Not sure what you are watching.
Don't feed the troll, he's just trying to stir things up. Schreck probably tackled him in football and he's still upset about it.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

Not sure what you have against Braden. He was the leading scorer last year. I never post on here, but saw this comment and had to. He’s a great student, very quiet kid, and works year round on basketball. He plays AAU. I’m his mom. He had 25 points against Raceland. SeeMs like you have nothing to say good about the whole team. SMH

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

tigerpride wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:42 am

Not sure what you have against Braden. He was the leading scorer last year. I never post on here, but saw this comment and had to. He’s a great student, very quiet kid, and works year round on basketball. He plays AAU. I’m his mom. He had 25 points against Raceland. SeeMs like you have nothing to say good about the whole team. SMH
"I'm his mom."

just subtly in the middle of all that LOL :lol:

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

yep, nothing for me to hide behind a name. Haven't posted here in years, but this prompted me to.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

No shame in that. Kids a good athlete and clearly @HYGH doesn't know what he's talking about.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:53 am No shame in that. Kids a good athlete and clearly @HYGH doesn't know what he's talking about.
I second this! They will have a tough time as a team playing division 2 ball when tournament starts.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

tigerpride wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:52 am yep, nothing for me to hide behind a name. Haven't posted here in years, but this prompted me to.
Braden is yet another one of the excellent sophomores in Southern/Southeast Ohio… this entire class has some outstanding basketball players it seems - going to be fun to watch this group play and progress the next couple years … tigerpride - don’t let the trolls get to you … your son is outstanding on the court …
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Lol ,wow

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:45 am
tigerpride wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:52 am yep, nothing for me to hide behind a name. Haven't posted here in years, but this prompted me to.
Braden is yet another one of the excellent sophomores in Southern/Southeast Ohio… this entire class has some outstanding basketball players it seems - going to gun to watch this group play and progress the next couple years … tigerpride - don’t let the trolls get to you … your son is outstanding on the court …
Well said Pfloyd Brandon is a athlete for sure and he played great last night.
Can’t wait till mid January when he will be in Basketball shape and not Football shape.
Looking forward to him getting better every year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”