12/20/22 Minford @ SW

Point blank
Freshman Team

Re: 12/20/22 Minford @ SW

Post by Point blank »

Lol
Last edited by Point blank on Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Act surprised
Last edited by Point blank on Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:03 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:40 pm
GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:31 pm Was very very sad to see the effort and attitude displayed by what SHOULD be the best player in SEO. However the 5’9 guard from Minford who focuses on team ball and works extremely hard is consuming that role in the area. SW needs a change at the top IMO, but I was very happy to see the coach bench the said player the final 10-12 minutes of the game. He didn’t deserve to be out there and the guys who played the final quarter should start the next game. They had the energy and effort it takes to win.

Jeeps still a district final team.

Minford on their way to a league championship and hopefully their first district win in over 25 years.
Makes sense now why he sat most of the second half.

I was tuning in and out and missed a lot of game, so I didn’t see a lot of it. But I did watch Jeeps against Chesapeake on Saturday and was disappointed by the constant complaining to refs; jawing with other team; and even yapping at opposing fans I watched from a few of Webster’s players. They better clean that stuff up quick...no excuse for it.*

They won’t. It’s been an issue Cole’s entire tenure. No control in the locker room or on the court.
@The Ghost of Swanker what's Justin Lower doing? Feel like he should be coaching this team.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:03 am
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:40 pm

Makes sense now why he sat most of the second half.

I was tuning in and out and missed a lot of game, so I didn’t see a lot of it. But I did watch Jeeps against Chesapeake on Saturday and was disappointed by the constant complaining to refs; jawing with other team; and even yapping at opposing fans I watched from a few of Webster’s players. They better clean that stuff up quick...no excuse for it.*

They won’t. It’s been an issue Cole’s entire tenure. No control in the locker room or on the court.
@The Ghost of Swanker what's Justin Lower doing? Feel like he should be coaching this team.
You’re probably thinking of his brother Jordan Lower. He’s the one with actual coaching experience.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:10 am

You’re probably thinking of his brother Jordan Lower. He’s the one with actual coaching experience.
yea yea

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:15 am

yea yea
Jordan is an assistant at Jackson.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:17 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:15 am

yea yea
Jordan is an assistant at Jackson.
how the heck did they let that guy out of the district?

Jimmy Chitwood
Waterboy

Post by Jimmy Chitwood »

I've always loved how discussions on here go off the rails so quickly....🤣

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jimmy Chitwood wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:22 am I've always loved how discussions on here go off the rails so quickly....🤣
still talking about SW ain't we???

Jimmy Chitwood
Waterboy

Post by Jimmy Chitwood »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 am
Jimmy Chitwood wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:22 am I've always loved how discussions on here go off the rails so quickly....🤣
still talking about SW ain't we???
That is correct, Sonny...😂

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This is the same school that slow played Norm Persin when he was a free agent…

As far as Jordan Lower goes, I’m not putting that out there. That’s his business between the school and our coach and he made the right decision to jump ship when he did. bringing Fenton back onto the bench was the best move SW has made since they hired him as HC after Ater left.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:20 am This is the same school that slow played Norm Persin when he was a free agent…

As far as Jordan Lower goes, I’m not putting that out there. That’s his business between the school and our coach and he made the right decision to jump ship when he did. bringing Fenton back onto the bench was the best move SW has made since they hired him as HC after Ater left.
LOL at the Persin statement

if it were me, I'd just go get Lower and make it happen. Seems like a 'gets it' kinda guy.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

There’s a native son out there who’s told me he’d take the job in a heartbeat if it ever was presented to him. Probably never happen though

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:55 am There’s a native son out there who’s told me he’d take the job in a heartbeat if it ever was presented to him. Probably never happen though
me calculating past players who live in the area

(Waginger is my guess)
Attachments
22fjsz.jpg
22fjsz.jpg (12.37 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

Waginger apparently still lives out of state so doubtful that would ever happen. But it would be cool.
I’m sure ghost of swanker is talking about his 2011 classmate C. Scott?

All this talk is entertaining for the future but it doesn’t change the current season. I do agree with swanker that Fenton being on the bench has been a great thing. Let’s hope it gets worked out and the team plays hard and can come together. Lots of season left and lots of potential if they are willing to get there. The pieces are there and they must all stick together.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to spark change. Let’s hope that happens for everyone’s sake as the league will be more entertaining with all teams playing their best basketball in Jan/Feb.

As for Minford who is also listed on this thread… Those kids play very hard and follow their leader on the court. I was watching game on the live stream and had to make sure the playback speed was correct because it looked like Montgomery was moving at a different speed than everyone else! This may be the year they make some noise in D3 tournament.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Gyro-Step wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:41 am Waginger apparently still lives out of state so doubtful that would ever happen. But it would be cool.

All this talk is entertaining for the future but it doesn’t change the current season. I do agree with swanker that Fenton being on the bench has been a great thing. Let’s hope it gets worked out and the team plays hard and can come together. Lots of season left and lots of potential if they are willing to get there. The pieces are there and they must all stick together.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to spark change. Let’s hope that happens for everyone’s sake as the league will be more entertaining with all teams playing their best basketball in Jan/Feb.

As for Minford who is also listed on this thread… Those kids play very hard and follow their leader on the court. I was watching game on the live stream and had to make sure the playback speed was correct because it looked like Montgomery was moving at a different speed than everyone else! This may be the year they make some noise in D3 tournament.
Haven't heard from or talked to Conner since he was in HS, he'd have to have matured a lot since then before I'd hire him as a HC (it has been a decade so fingers crossed). Webster just has too much hoops talent year in and year out to underachieve as much as they do. Seems like a leadership thing imo, I heard Trae already quit the team at SSU -- my guess too much structure.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Gyro-Step wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:41 am Waginger apparently still lives out of state so doubtful that would ever happen. But it would be cool.

I don’t have anything to add to your post, but I do want to congratulate you on having the best screen name on this site. It legit made me laugh when I read it.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:49 am

Haven't heard from or talked to Conner since he was in HS, he'd have to have matured a lot since then before I'd hire him as a HC (it has been a decade so fingers crossed). Webster just has too much hoops talent year in and year out to underachieve as much as they do. Seems like a leadership thing imo, I heard Trae already quit the team at SSU -- my guess too much structure.
He was an assistant here one year, coached with Chillicothe for two years, took a 3-18 WCH team to 15-9 the next season before the hit job they put out on him. 0-23 the next season.

Last comment I’ll make on this thread but over the years there’s been A LOT of players contact me and give me the scoop. The finger always points at one person.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:30 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:49 am

He was an assistant here one year, coached with Chillicothe for two years, took a 3-18 WCH team to 15-9 the next season before the hit job they put out on him. 0-23 the next season.

Last comment I’ll make on this thread but over the years there’s been A LOT of players contact me and give me the scoop. The finger always points at one person.
hit job being finding alcohol in his classroom, right? lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Not even close to what actually happened or what the SEOPS mafia tried to make it out to be back when that happened.

Return to “Boys Basketball”