Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 3

Rza1
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 3

Post by Rza1 »

peake71 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:40 pm The Peake about where I thought you would have them.
Lost to North Adams a good team
Beat one of your top team South Point.
Lost to Rock Hill by 10 free throws RH shot 18-28
Peake 8-12.
Lost to Portsmouth who shot really well.
Lost to one of those foreign team a good Spring Valley team.
Lost at South Webster which went to the wire. Again free throws I believe were Peake 8-12 am SW 19-27.
Give Ater time.
I believe the jv is 6-0 if they beat SW.

Tough to read into anything from peake games... they really bring it on d, very disruptive.. and although they struggle to score, they eat clock an limit possessions with their o. They are fundamental and don't let anybody dictate their pace... they muck it up with the best of em... an anyone that sees a team score 41...43 points against them (win or lose) an writes that team off as bad may be in for a surprise..because thats what theyre gonna do to everybody... They'll be in every game.. and if they start knocking a shot or 2 down.. they'll have a chance in all of them.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Is VC ready to be in the top 8?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:23 am Is VC ready to be in the top 8?
They are right there. My guess is he’d still have them at 9th. Not sure he’d drop Valley out of top 8 and doubt he’d drop South Point much after a loss to a big school WV team….plus he’s going to keep moving up Gallia too. I don’t know VC’s schedule but they are the best TVC team and guessing mostly TVC games coming up….unless they get upset they’ll be in the top 8 sometime in the next couple weeks as others compile losses.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:10 am
They are right there. My guess is he’d still have them at 9th. Not sure he’d drop Valley out of top 8 and doubt he’d drop South Point much after a loss to a big school WV team….plus he’s going to keep moving up Gallia too. I don’t know VC’s schedule but they are the best TVC team and guessing mostly TVC games coming up….unless they get upset they’ll be in the top 8 sometime in the next couple weeks as others compile losses.
Next two games are at Jackson and at Chillicothe before the new year. Tough couple of road games for VC around the holiday. Easy time to get distracted. If the Vikings finish the end of the year at 7-1, I think they crack the top 8. Big test though.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:25 am
Next two games are at Jackson and at Chillicothe before the new year. Tough couple of road games for VC around the holiday. Easy time to get distracted. If the Vikings finish the end of the year at 7-1, I think they crack the top 8. Big test though.
I know they are road games, but if VC can’t beat those two this year, then they don’t deserve to be Top 8 yet, IMO.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah but they are better than both of those teams though. At Chillicothe stinks….you guys have better players and you don’t rely on the 3 ball. I think you handle them by double digits. Jackson very young but competes well with teams that don’t greatly buy in on basketball stuff. VC does the basketball “stuff”…at Jackson probably won’t be easy but if VC plays pretty well they’ll win.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Yeah but they are better than both of those teams though. At Chillicothe stinks….you guys have better players and you don’t rely on the 3 ball. I think you handle them by double digits. Jackson very young but competes well with teams that don’t greatly buy in on basketball stuff. VC does the basketball “stuff”…at Jackson probably won’t be easy but if VC plays pretty well they’ll win.
The jackson VC game is always tough. Definitely the biggest game on the schedule for VC outside of conference play each year. Last years game was pretty epic. It’ll be another dog fight I’m sure.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:37 am

I know they are road games, but if VC can’t beat those two this year, then they don’t deserve to be Top 8 yet, IMO.
Totally agree with you. We will find out where VC stands during these next two. VC has a big non conference win against ZT but they’ll need more on their resume to be a top 8 team.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Then on January 3rd, the Vikings play host to the Tigers of Marietta. The next three games are a gauntlet for sure.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:04 pm Then on January 3rd, the Vikings play host to the Tigers of Marietta. The next three games are a gauntlet for sure.
Lots of D2 schools on the schedule this season for VC. Should help come tournament time.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

They should handle business-- I see them winning next 3 games.... :D :D :D :D

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:04 pm Then on January 3rd, the Vikings play host to the Tigers of Marietta. The next three games are a gauntlet for sure.
You are better with words than I am…but in this 2022-23 season is Jackson/Chillicothe/Marietta really “gauntlet” worthy? I would say they are all sectional final type matchups and VC favored in all 3, yes they could be upset but VC is the best if those 4 teams. I’m not sure the SE district even has a “gauntlet”…maybe a SE district version of @Warren, vs Fairfield Union and @Minford could fit the definition.

Lion32
Waterboy

Post by Lion32 »

I think Lynchburg is going to move up the ladder a little further. Although they lost, they only got beat by 6 by my lions.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wednesday night scores:

Wellston 52
Southern 41

Belpre 53
Fort Frye 51

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Belpre is kind of intresting team to keep an eye on.

They are (4-1) in their last 5 games.

Beat Meigs 60-36
Lost at Fed 59-50
Beat Wellston 80-58
Beat Eastern 65-18
Beat Fort Frye 53-51

* losses to all pretty good teams. Fed, Warren, Caldwell, Alexander

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Anyone have a score for the Fairland vs Sheridan game played at Mt. Vernon College this evening?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Nevermind ... Fairland beat Sheridan 63-45 ... nice W on a neutral court for the Dragons! Fairland takes on Lucas High School tomorrow at Mt. Vernon ...

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:27 pm
You are better with words than I am…but in this 2022-23 season is Jackson/Chillicothe/Marietta really “gauntlet” worthy? I would say they are all sectional final type matchups and VC favored in all 3, yes they could be upset but VC is the best if those 4 teams. I’m not sure the SE district even has a “gauntlet”…maybe a SE district version of @Warren, vs Fairfield Union and @Minford could fit the definition.
So do you believe VC is better than Washington CH, Warren, Marietta, John Glenn, Fairfield Union — most of these? All of these?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:36 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:27 pm
So do you believe VC is better than Washington CH, Warren, Marietta, John Glenn, Fairfield Union — most of these? All of these?
??? They lost to WCH early at home. I’d guess Warren would be a good game in VC. Guessing Marietta would be a good game either way. John Glenn I’ve not seen much on this season but guessing JG is better. FU probably beats VC. Most of those teams I believe are better than VC.

But I truly don’t know. All seem to be formidable teams this season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good night of hoops ! livestreaming & hudl rules!!! ... Watched Warren beat Chillicothe, Minford's loss to Huntington HS WVa, Ironton loss to Russell KY, Washington CH win over Gallia Academy ... watched the classic game from Tuesday night Eastern Pike over Valley ... Vinton Co. win over Athens ... gotta love technology ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”