Gallia vs Fairland

Geronimo
SEOP

Gallia vs Fairland

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia Academy at Fairland Tuesday tipoff 7:30 Big OVC match up for both teams !

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: Gallia vs Fairland

Post by Hookshot »

Pfloyd has Fairland at 6-4 but someone correct me if I'm wrong but looks like they are 7-3, unless Maxpreps made a mistake earlier in the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:51 am Pfloyd has Fairland at 6-4 but someone correct me if I'm wrong but looks like they are 7-3, unless Maxpreps made a mistake earlier in the season.
... I have Fairland with losses to North Adams (-2), South Point (-28), Ironton (-4) in 3-4 OTs, Portsmouth West (-1) ... wins over Morgan (+3), Coal Grove (+30), Portsmouth (+11), Warren (+1), Sheridan (+18), Lucas HS (+7) ... 6-4 going into 2023 ...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:51 am Pfloyd has Fairland at 6-4 but someone correct me if I'm wrong but looks like they are 7-3, unless Maxpreps made a mistake earlier in the season.
They are 6-4 (2-2 OVC)

https://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/v ... =4&t=92627

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:18 am
... I have Fairland with losses to North Adams (-2), South Point (-28), Ironton (-4) in 3-4 OTs, Portsmouth West (-1) ... wins over Morgan (+3), Coal Grove (+30), Portsmouth (+11), Warren (+1), Sheridan (+18), Lucas HS (+7) ... 6-4 going into 2023 ...
Yep, my bad. I think I came up with an old video of those two teams from a different year? Who knows, sorry about that.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:51 am
Yep, my bad. I think I came up with an old video of those two teams from a different year? Who knows, sorry about that.
No problem Hookshot! when it comes to records I will be the first to admit "I get em wrong" ... there are teams that must play in the wee hours of the morning or in a back alley somewhere because their game results just don't get reported - I can't find them! sometimes games are played that are not on team schedules that I can find anywhere ... it is what it is - I just admit I've screwed up and move on ... I'd love to see what 93bulldog does with the TVC teams done for all of the leagues in the SE District - 93bulldog does the updates of the teams in the TVC (at least game day updates) ... if we had "a person" doing that for all of the leagues THAT would be awesome! TVC's 2 divisions, SHAC's big school/small school divisions, OVC, FAC, SOC 1 & 2, SVC , MSL (Circleville, LE, FU), MVL (New Lex, Sheridan, Miller,Crooksville) , Independent (Logan soon to be in the OCC after next season) ... it's a lot of work tracking them all LOL ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:35 pm

No problem Hookshot! when it comes to records I will be the first to admit "I get em wrong" ... there are teams that must play in the wee hours of the morning or in a back alley somewhere because their game results just don't get reported - I can't find them! sometimes games are played that are not on team schedules that I can find anywhere ... it is what it is - I just admit I've screwed up and move on ... I'd love to see what 93bulldog does with the TVC teams done for all of the leagues in the SE District - 93bulldog does the updates of the teams in the TVC (at least game day updates) ... if we had "a person" doing that for all of the leagues THAT would be awesome! TVC's 2 divisions, SHAC's big school/small school divisions, OVC, FAC, SOC 1 & 2, SVC , MSL (Circleville, LE, FU), MVL (New Lex, Sheridan, Miller,Crooksville) , Independent (Logan soon to be in the OCC after next season) ... it's a lot of work tracking them all LOL ...
I have a lot of the far outskirt teams on Twitter and catch some scores before I see them on here….some teams are virtually impossible to find a score. Best bet would be to start a thread hating on that school and then someone would sign on argue and maybe let you in on the score 🤷🏻‍♂️

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:19 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:35 pm

I have a lot of the far outskirt teams on Twitter and catch some scores before I see them on here….some teams are virtually impossible to find a score. Best bet would be to start a thread hating on that school and then someone would sign on argue and maybe let you in on the score 🤷🏻‍♂️
😂😂😂 sadly, you’re correct.

But, also, I literally cover an 8 school league and don’t get results from 3 of the 16 teams, so it’s somewhat impossible to find those and they are in the district!

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Anyone looking at friendly predictions here? I'll say Gallia Academy by 14.

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:14 pm Anyone looking at friendly predictions here? I'll say Gallia Academy by 14.
That may be a little high Hook, but agreed Gallia is the mild favorite. Maybe by 8 or so.

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

As a Dragon fan, I can’t see us winning this one with the way we are going. Way too slow on Offense. Coming in off a very subpar performance against PWest. Dragons have some issues to figure out and need to quickly. This all on top off the huge size disadvantage vs Gallia.

quizcap11
Waterboy

Post by quizcap11 »

Fairland gets the win in OT 71-70. Chase Allen seals it. Great game from JD Thacker and 4th quarter sharp shooting from Buchanan. Fairland had its ups and downs but pulled it out over a tough gallia team. On a different note, Gallia Academy may be the most arrogant team in the conference. Players complaining about every call, showboating up and down the court. Very poor basketball behavior IMO.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Win the big games !!!lose to teams you should beat 🤔

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Fundamentals and team bball IQ. I’m not surprised by this outcome. The showboating, talking and complaining distract the focus needed to play 100%. Play the game. Every possession is important. Save the side show for social media before/after the game. Not the blue devils of the past for sure. Smart play saves legs for the 4th qtr and OT when needed. Let’s go blue. Dig deep.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Shame to see this groups best defender in the stands watching. I understand completely but it’s still a shame.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

JChipwood wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:31 am Fundamentals and team bball IQ. I’m not surprised by this outcome. The showboating, talking and complaining distract the focus needed to play 100%. Play the game. Every possession is important. Save the side show for social media before/after the game. Not the blue devils of the past for sure. Smart play saves legs for the 4th qtr and OT when needed. Let’s go blue. Dig deep.
I observed a kid from fairland trying to shake hands and speak with clary about something and the kid wouldn’t shake his hand and wouldn’t even speak with him while the kid from fairland was trying. It wasn’t a good look for Gallia.

galfromohio
Waterboy

Post by galfromohio »

Jonjon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:29 pm
JChipwood wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:31 am Fundamentals and team bball IQ. I’m not surprised by this outcome. The showboating, talking and complaining distract the focus needed to play 100%. Play the game. Every possession is important. Save the side show for social media before/after the game. Not the blue devils of the past for sure. Smart play saves legs for the 4th qtr and OT when needed. Let’s go blue. Dig deep.
I observed a kid from fairland trying to shake hands and speak with clary about something and the kid wouldn’t shake his hand and wouldn’t even speak with him while the kid from fairland was trying. It wasn’t a good look for Gallia.

I’m guessing you witnessed this immediately after the game when I’m certain Clary and his teammates were upset with the loss. Please keep in mind Clary gets double- teamed, has kids hang all over him, push him, take his legs out, and constantly battles every game he plays. I’m sure in that moment his emotions were high. I know for certain he is very good friends with the player you are speaking of from Fairland and I know for certain the conversation they had after the game that you witnessed and it was not a bad conversation. So, please get your facts straight before you come onto a social media site and bash and make assumptions about a young man like Clary that you know nothing about. Isaac Clary is one of the most respectable and humble young men I know. He takes a beating every game he plays and never once have I witnessed him be a so-called “show boater” or be disrespectful to anyone. He’s always shaken hands at the end of a game. I’m certain what you witnessed was a young man upset for his team and passionate about trying to win a game.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

galfromohio wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:02 pm
Jonjon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:29 pm

I’m guessing you witnessed this immediately after the game when I’m certain Clary and his teammates were upset with the loss. Please keep in mind Clary gets double- teamed, has kids hang all over him, push him, take his legs out, and constantly battles every game he plays. I’m sure in that moment his emotions were high. I know for certain he is very good friends with the player you are speaking of from Fairland and I know for certain the conversation they had after the game that you witnessed and it was not a bad conversation. So, please get your facts straight before you come onto a social media site and bash and make assumptions about a young man like Clary that you know nothing about. Isaac Clary is one of the most respectable and humble young men I know. He takes a beating every game he plays and never once have I witnessed him be a so-called “show boater” or be disrespectful to anyone. He’s always shaken hands at the end of a game. I’m certain what you witnessed was a young man upset for his team and passionate about trying to win a game.
I’d say your probably right. That’s what I saw though. I’m sure he’s a great kid.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

When I posted, I would not have expected any of those “shoes” to fit Isaac. He has been the exception to the things I said. He is a competitor tho and in that moment I am sure it was more about losing the game than anything personal. Not making excuses. I have no idea what his mindset was Tuesday night. I do hate that my Devils leave those impressions on opposing fans and teams. Unfortunately I have been witness to some events as well. Mostly before this past football season. Again tho, only one time have I seen Isaac let opponents get into his emotions and that was once on the football field. Over a six year period. On behalf of my home team, I apologize. For what it’s worth.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

JChipwood wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:02 pm When I posted, I would not have expected any of those “shoes” to fit Isaac. He has been the exception to the things I said. He is a competitor tho and in that moment I am sure it was more about losing the game than anything personal. Not making excuses. I have no idea what his mindset was Tuesday night. I do hate that my Devils leave those impressions on opposing fans and teams. Unfortunately I have been witness to some events as well. Mostly before this past football season. Again tho, only one time have I seen Isaac let opponents get into his emotions and that was once on the football field. Over a six year period. On behalf of my home team, I apologize. For what it’s worth.
Again, I’m sure it was just with the rough loss and he is a great kid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”