Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

Post by pfloyd »

... as we know the TSL (Twin State League) formed with members Warren/Marietta/Fort Frye and Pt. Pleasant WVa ... I believe they are playing a league basketball schedule THIS season ... Do I need to include Fort Frye and Point Pleasant in the Elite 8 rankings? ...

It has been that a team needs to be in the SouthEast District in order to be included in the rankings - however we have Logan/Chillicothe who are not a SE District team in the post season (Central District post season party along with Chillicothe due to being D1 teams/the only D1's in the SE district) ... both Logan and Chillicothe are in the weekly rankings ...

What say you????

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

Post by danicalifornia »

If so, I think Amanda probably should be too since teams from the SE pass it to play Fairfield Union

I’d say no, just because you’re already covering so many teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nooooooooo!

Can't break the rules w/o an amendment and vote. lol

Chilli and Logan are both TECHNICALLY members of the southeast district.

BTW, Morgan is first in line, not FF and definitely not Point. Unless of course, Point joins an Ohio league.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can of worms

I say definitely not.

Point Pleasant going to play a mess a teams we know nothing about and quite frankly…wrong state. Be doing Williamstown, Parkersburg, Wahama, Russell, Raceland, Ripley WV….Fort Frye….nah wrong district. Amanda would need included. Ripley, Fayetteville, Georgetown.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Morgan and Fort Frye only two worth considering. You can almost hit a golf ball from Waterford to Fort, makes no sense they are not in the SE district. As far as Morgan, if New Lex and Marietta are SE district, it doesn't make much sense Morgan isn't either.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:34 pm Nooooooooo!

Can't break the rules w/o an amendment and vote. lol

Chilli and Logan are both TECHNICALLY members of the southeast district.

BTW, Morgan is first in line, not FF and definitely not Point. Unless of course, Point joins an Ohio league.
LOL, exactly why I put it out there - TSL (Twin State League) IS a league in Ohio - now (Point IS now a member along with Warren/Marietta and Fort Frye) ... I ranked Wahama when they were in the TVC - not an Ohio team but a team playing in an Ohio league ... Point used to be a member of the SEOAL and ranked back in the day ... I think it comes down to how many teams in the SE district a team plays - not sure PP EVEN in the Ohio league/the TSL (only the 4 members which equals only 6 games , only 3 opponents) would be enough to qualify them ... FF would also need to play more SE district teams - I THINK - but don't know if they play enough SE district teams as it stands now ...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

ONLY teams in the Southeast District, I say.

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Point Pleasant is a school in WV. However here’s what schools in Ohio are already on their schedule this year:

River Valley x2
Gallia Academy x2
Warren Local x2
Fort Frye x2
Marietta x2
Eastern Meigs x1
Southern Meigs x1

That’s 12 games on a 21 game schedule. I’m not saying that they need to be added. It’s just something to point out.
PFloyd, you cover so much regarding basketball in the SE District and we all appreciate your efforts in finding all of the information that you do, accurately and the knowledge that you bring to all of us that follow High School basketball in the SE District.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Bring back Wahama!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chillicothe is still in a SEO conference so I would say keep them in. As far as Logan goes you could keep them until the 2024 school year starts.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With the MSL coming apart it could be possible to have to add a few of them starting next school year. Wouldn't shock me if 2/4 join the FAC. 8 will be leaving to start the Central Buckeye League starting the 2023 school year plus talk is some others might leave to go somewhere else.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 pm Chillicothe is still in a SEO conference so I would say keep them in. As far as Logan goes you could keep them until the 2024 school year starts.
Doesn't matter what league you play in or the fact you have to play in D1 tournaments a lot, Logan is still a member of the southeast district.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:53 pm ... as we know the TSL (Twin State League) formed with members Warren/Marietta/Fort Frye and Pt. Pleasant WVa ... I believe they are playing a league basketball schedule THIS season ... Do I need to include Fort Frye and Point Pleasant in the Elite 8 rankings? ...

It has been that a team needs to be in the SouthEast District in order to be included in the rankings - however we have Logan/Chillicothe who are not a SE District team in the post season (Central District post season party along with Chillicothe due to being D1 teams/the only D1's in the SE district) ... both Logan and Chillicothe are in the weekly rankings ...

What say you????
What ever makes you happy pfloyd, but remind yourself of who your target audience is: TVC, OVC, SOC and SVC in terms of posters. Time is a scarce resource.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fort Frye for sure

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:41 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 pm Chillicothe is still in a SEO conference so I would say keep them in. As far as Logan goes you could keep them until the 2024 school year starts.
Doesn't matter what league you play in or the fact you have to play in D1 tournaments a lot, Logan is still a member of the southeast district.
Will they remain in the SED when they start the 2024 school year with them being a member of the OCC? Logan has been put in the Central District before in different sports.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:51 pm Can of worms

I say definitely not.

Point Pleasant going to play a mess a teams we know nothing about and quite frankly…wrong state. Be doing Williamstown, Parkersburg, Wahama, Russell, Raceland, Ripley WV….Fort Frye….nah wrong district. Amanda would need included. Ripley, Fayetteville, Georgetown.

Exactly what I was thinkin... watch out for that proverbial slippery slope.. doin a fine job as-is

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I vote no with the majority of the others. If you add Ft.Frye, you would have to know something about their schedule which would be another 11 teams or so. If they would join the TVC then I would add them. As far as Point Pleasant goes, they are out of state and I would not add them.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:36 pm With the MSL coming apart it could be possible to have to add a few of them starting next school year. Wouldn't shock me if 2/4 join the FAC. 8 will be leaving to start the Central Buckeye League starting the 2023 school year plus talk is some others might leave to go somewhere else.
Just curious but other than the small school division of the MSL, what other division is breaking up that would warrant the speculation that the league is somehow coming apart? The small school division in the Cardinal per a few people at Fisher and Millersport have said the only reason they wanted to split up was bc of the Harvest Prep dominance and they gave HP an few options only to have them laugh. So that division seems to have only one issue with HP and most schools would be staying it seems.
Teays leaving the MSL Buckeye is the only other move being made publicly that I am aware of and I have spoken to a few coaches and ADs and they have all said it is just not true as a whole. Grandview, Bexley, Ready and Worthington Christian will all be in the new CBL leaving the Ohio to fill some holes. But With 5 Fairfield County schools in the MSL Buckeye that division isnt going anywhere soon imo. Bloom/Circleville/Logan Elm/Amanda are all less than 30 mins apart and they wont be leaving. Maybe Hamilton Twp but I doubt it. id love to know why anyone would think the league as a whole is some how disbanding?

Live Like A Champion!
91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:03 pm Morgan and Fort Frye only two worth considering. You can almost hit a golf ball from Waterford to Fort, makes no sense they are not in the SE district. As far as Morgan, if New Lex and Marietta are SE district, it doesn't make much sense Morgan isn't either.
This is exactly why the district lines drawn by the OHSAA are a complete joke. The "southeast" district runs from Marietta to darn near Cincinnati. Eastern Brown is 45 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. In whose world is that southeast Ohio?

BTW, Waterford was in the east district when they were a member of the PVC. They petitioned to move to the southeast when they joined the TVC. Washington County by the lines is in the east, but 4 of the 6 schools are in the southeast?

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:53 pm ... as we know the TSL (Twin State League) formed with members Warren/Marietta/Fort Frye and Pt. Pleasant WVa ... I believe they are playing a league basketball schedule THIS season ... Do I need to include Fort Frye and Point Pleasant in the Elite 8 rankings? ...

What say you????
It is and has been your list. Include/exclude who you like.
When you ask opinions you know what you will get lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”