D4 Tournament Thread

buckcc
Freshman Team

Re: D4 Tournament Thread

Post by buckcc »

I don't like it that way, I like to have the coaches choose to where they won't to go, that's the way east district does it, in D2 they have 21 teams,they managed to get it done that way

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

buckcc wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:36 pm I don't like it that way, I like to have the coaches choose to where they won't to go, that's the way east district does it, in D2 they have 21 teams,they managed to get it done that way
The SE District is years behind every other district in the state. It’ll probably change in a couple of years, but it should have years ago.

For instance, Waterford might love their matchup with Western, but would rather not make that trip. So, they could choose a different matchup in the way that the rest of the state does it…but not in the SE.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:39 pm
buckcc wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:36 pm I don't like it that way, I like to have the coaches choose to where they won't to go, that's the way east district does it, in D2 they have 21 teams,they managed to get it done that way
The SE District is years behind every other district in the state. It’ll probably change in a couple of years, but it should have years ago.

For instance, Waterford might love their matchup with Western, but would rather not make that trip. So, they could choose a different matchup in the way that the rest of the state does it…but not in the SE.
Years or decades?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:49 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:39 pm

Years or decades?
I was being kind, mostly because they finally switched to the super sectional, but that’s the only reason for my kindness.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:23 pm Yep, leaves room for shenanigans but looks fine this year
What are we going to deem shenanigans. I do think letting coaches choose there spot on the bracket is better overall, but it also allows for some things that could be labeled as shenanigans.

We know there is no perfect system. I think there is still a reason why NCAA isn't completely based off of RPI. As you stated, looks fairly clean cut this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:07 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:23 pm Yep, leaves room for shenanigans but looks fine this year
What are we going to deem shenanigans. I do think letting coaches choose there spot on the bracket is better overall, but it also allows for some things that could be labeled as shenanigans.

We know there is no perfect system. I think there is still a reason why NCAA isn't completely based off of RPI. As you stated, looks fairly clean cut this year.
It looks good this year. Should be a fun tournament.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think the coaches got it right this year -- no extreme outliers anywhere and seems fair across the board.

In terms of matchups I've really got my eye on (if they were all to get that far, of course):

- If Western were to beat Waterford, them vs. Leesburg could possibly be interesting. Western is playing better and is well coached.

- Paint Valley and Green would be fun. They matchup pretty well. Sampson vs. Estep would be awesome to see.

- Eastern Pike has the pieces to give Fed Hock some trouble. Granted, Eastern has to get by Trimble first. But if they do, Eastern Pike is no joke and has guards that can handle it and a big man in the middle who's only gotten better and better.

- Notre Dame vs. Whiteoak could be interesting. Notre Dame is better, but Whiteoak has a stud senior in Barnett. If there's one thing we've learned in the tournament over the years --- never count out a team with a stud senior.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:28 am I think the coaches got it right this year -- no extreme outliers anywhere and seems fair across the board.

In terms of matchups I've really got my eye on (if they were all to get that far, of course):

- If Western were to beat Waterford, them vs. Leesburg could possibly be interesting. Western is playing better and is well coached.

- Paint Valley and Green would be fun. They matchup pretty well. Sampson vs. Estep would be awesome to see.

- Eastern Pike has the pieces to give Fed Hock some trouble. Granted, Eastern has to get by Trimble first. But if they do, Eastern Pike is no joke and has guards that can handle it and a big man in the middle who's only gotten better and better.

- Notre Dame vs. Whiteoak could be interesting. Notre Dame is better, but Whiteoak has a stud senior in Barnett. If there's one thing we've learned in the tournament over the years --- never count out a team with a stud senior.

While you do make some good points, I digress:

1. No way Western Brown is good enough to beat Waterford. TVC flexes its muscles once again.

2. Howie worked his magic. Trimble rolls on Eastern just like they beat the brakes off our version of Eastern every season. This pays into his master plan to upset the Lancers. An early end to a great season will be a hard pill to swallow. Nonetheless, here we are.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster plays at Beaver tomorrow night. I better not see any tompuss scouts in the crowd

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Yeah the scouts will have to be careful or you may sheet yourself right beside them.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 am Webster plays at Beaver tomorrow night. I better not see any tompuss scouts in the crowd
At least we ownt have to worry about you polluting the Convo since your team wont be there lol.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:01 am Yeah the scouts will have to be careful or you may sheet yourself right beside them.
For sure. Can we get a diaper check on him before he’s allowed to enter please?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:37 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:28 am I think the coaches got it right this year -- no extreme outliers anywhere and seems fair across the board.

While you do make some good points, I digress:

1. No way Western Brown is good enough to beat Waterford. TVC flexes its muscles once again.

2. Howie worked his magic. Trimble rolls on Eastern just like they beat the brakes off our version of Eastern every season. This pays into his master plan to upset the Lancers. An early end to a great season will be a hard pill to swallow. Nonetheless, here we are.
Bjunkitup you’re not the only one hoping we lose to Eastern Brown. Fed Hocker is too. No way they want to face Howie for a third time, especially with everyone betting against him. We’ve proven we can play with them already. Sorry bout your luck Eastern, beating you is a foregone conclusion. We’re on a mission and rumor has it that a certain player won’t be available. Wait, what? Doesn’t this sound familiar? 😮

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’m chugging a bottle of miralax in the parking lot. May god be with all of you

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm I’m chugging a bottle of miralax in the parking lot. May god be with all of you
Don’t forget your Depends.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Can't wait for Trimble to get cheated on their home floor tonight!

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Miller Goes to New Boston. Wow!

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

Western Pike or Lathan Western. The Indians in the DIV 4 SE is NOT Western Brown

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:22 pm Miller Goes to New Boston. Wow!
Natural rivals

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:12 pm
baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:22 pm Miller Goes to New Boston. Wow!
Natural rivals
I can’t wait for the random 1-2 years coming up where Miller is really solid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”