Freshman Team

Re: Tuesday 2/7 Games

Post by Lovehoops1 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:33 pm
Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:00 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:52 pm Burg 61. Valley 54

Nice road win Burg

Down 30-20 at half and outscored Valley 41-24 in the second half
Wow people had Valley winning the SOC2. Where are they now 4th? What's going on there?
Have you watched them? That would give you your answer if you had. Disjointed and struggle to score if they have to play in the half court.
Um yes and I'll timed Ts for throwing fits all sorts of issues. I'm just curious why it keeps happening and isn't being corrected. I had high hopes.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 39
Logan Elm 26 a final

Coach Chris Rider of Logan gets win #400 in his head coaching career covering his time at Reynoldsburg/Maysville and now Logan - 31 yrs in the head coaching ranks ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:45 pm Logan 39
Logan Elm 26 a final

Coach Chris Rider of Logan gets win #400 in his head coaching career covering his time at Reynoldsburg/Maysville and now Logan - 31 yrs in the head coaching ranks ...
Congrats Coach!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley 44, Adena 41
Somebody made a 3 at the buzzer for the Bearcats. We might find out who it was, but it won’t be reported to anyone.

Zane Trace def Southeastern
Xzander Ream broke a 50 year old scoring record with 48 tonight…may never find out the score if Bozo doesn’t post though.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 pm

Wow people had Valley winning the SOC2. Where are they now 4th? What's going on there?
Have you watched them? That would give you your answer if you had. Disjointed and struggle to score if they have to play in the half court.
Um yes and I'll timed Ts for throwing fits all sorts of issues. I'm just curious why it keeps happening and isn't being corrected. I had high hopes.

The constant flopping and complaining to the refs while not getting back is something new this year that is really hurting. Valley can be very good when they all play their game but things are different. The half court takes patience and it is not always there. Time is running out to get things corrected.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

King___Travis81 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:34 pm Logan 39
Logan Elm 26 final
Oh.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:45 pm Logan 39
Logan Elm 26 a final

Congrats coach Rider....see ya Friday night....

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Nice road win Burg

No depth

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Whs95fan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:08 pm Warren 83
Cambridge 72
Final
Cambridge couldn't miss from 3, maybe had 13 or 14

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Nice road win Burg

Burg played a great game but the clear momentum was shifting towards Valley up until an ill advised technical foul. No reason for it. A lot of undisciplined basketball being played. Whining, begging for fouls, flopping. Etc. Better get the ship right before tourney time or they'll be going no where fast.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

It started a while ago. Norm isn't stupid my old friend was right and slipped off before it went south.
To much focus on 1 player being the star, to much complaining and bad attitude. Refs talk they are tired of it. Time for someone there to take control and probably gonna have to hurt some feelings to correct it. Time is running out the window is shut just not locked yet.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:48 pm Paint Valley 44, Adena 41
Somebody made a 3 at the buzzer for the Bearcats. We might find out who it was, but it won’t be reported to anyone.

Xzander Ream broke a 50 year old scoring record with 48 tonight…may never find out the score if Bozo doesn’t post though.
Roberts with the 3 with about 3 seconds left in the PV and Adena game.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pm It started a while ago. Norm isn't stupid my old friend was right and slipped off before it went south.
To much focus on 1 player being the star, to much complaining and bad attitude. Refs talk they are tired of it. Time for someone there to take control and probably gonna have to hurt some feelings to correct it. Time is running out the window is shut just not locked yet.
Sounds familiar.........

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pm It started a while ago. Norm isn't stupid my old friend was right and slipped off before it went south.
Worded perfectly. There were people behind the scenes trying to get Norm ran outta town, and it didn’t take long to figure out who that individual was and why he wanted Norm out.

And Valley is dealing with those repercussions now.

(Let me also say, that’s not to take anything away from the win by Wheelersburg. I think they’re a terrific team. I just think Valley has a little more basketball talent and SHOULD win that game at home. But going on the road and winning was a great job by Burg coaches and players.)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Nobody had valley beating minford for the title this year

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:34 pm
Worded perfectly. There were people behind the scenes trying to get Norm ran outta town, and it didn’t take long to figure out who that individual was and why he wanted Norm out.

(Let me also say, that’s not to take anything away from the win by Wheelersburg. I think they’re a terrific team. I just think Valley has a little more basketball talent and SHOULD win that game at home. But going on the road and winning was a great job by Burg coaches and players.)

I would also like to add congrats to Burg. The Coach had a plan and the young men executed and never flinched, They have improved during this season deserving win.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:26 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:48 pm Paint Valley 44, Adena 41

Roberts with the 3 with about 3 seconds left in the PV and Adena game.
Thank you!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:36 pm Nobody had valley beating minford for the title this year
I think a lot of people, including myself, thought it could/would be a shared title between the two.

Now, I’ll also say…. As good as I thought Minford could be, they’re even better than that. They are for real, and undeniably the #1 team in SEO. After a few weeks it was pretty clear Minford was the best team….. but leading upto the season I thought Minford + Valley had near the same odds of winning it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:34 pm

You can only show boat and big dog it so much before it usually bites you, and I'm not talking about any kids. Norm knew he needed to get outta there before it blew up. If the people around Lucasville can't see what is happening it's because they are in denial. All of the basketball programs need cleaned up and some changes. Some coaches should stay some should go in both boys and girls. 7th grade on up needs looked at closely it's time to take control before it get's to far gone.

Return to “Boys Basketball”