Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio-Week 10 (The Draw)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio-Week 10 (The Draw)

Post by pfloyd »

… unfortunately I got home from work to find out I can’t make the trip to Jackson tonight … was looking forward to seeing the coaching staff for the Ironmen , getting eyes on the youngsters for Coach Morrow … wishing all safe travels and a good game for both teams …

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:35 pm … unfortunately I got home from work to find out I can’t make the trip to Jackson tonight … was looking forward to seeing the coaching staff for the Ironmen , getting eyes on the youngsters for Coach Morrow … wishing all safe travels and a good game for both teams …
Dang

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:35 pm … unfortunately I got home from work to find out I can’t make the trip to Jackson tonight … was looking forward to seeing the coaching staff for the Ironmen , getting eyes on the youngsters for Coach Morrow … wishing all safe travels and a good game for both teams …
You watching live stream?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:20 pm
You watching live stream?
JHS MEDIA

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I will address the New Hope loss...not making excuses, but we just did not get it done, despite having a starter home, sick. However, this game was closer than the final score indicates. This game was at several points in the fourth quarter an one point game, but the Vikings went cold and had to foul to get the ball back. New Hope's last nine points came from the free throw line. But, make no mistake, New Hope is a VERY GOOD basketball team. I wished they had their OHSAA certification for they would be a very tough out in DIV. Coach Roese has done a great job over there. And we, at Vinton County, have nothing but love and respect for the Statesmen.

The Vikings have had a nice week since that loss. Went to River Valley and came with a decisive road victory. Back on the road yesterday and came away with a 22 point win against a very talented Jackson team. Let me tell you, right now, and this hot take will absolutely age well, but Jackson is going to be a GREAT TEAM. Those freshmen that Coach Morrow is playing are tough, physical, skilled, and have a competitor's heart. THEY ARE GOING TO BE VERY FORMIDABLE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. I hope the naysayers and ne'er do wells leave Coach Morrow alone and let him work. THE FUTURE IS EXTREMELY BRIGHT IN APPLE CITY.

Tonight, the Vikings host the Golden Rockets, nothing else needs to be said....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:38 am I will address the New Hope loss...not making excuses, but we just did not get it done, despite having a starter home, sick. However, this game was closer than the final score indicates. This game was at several points in the fourth quarter an one point game, but the Vikings went cold and had to foul to get the ball back. New Hope's last nine points came from the free throw line. But, make no mistake, New Hope is a VERY GOOD basketball team. I wished they had their OHSAA certification for they would be a very tough out in DIV. Coach Roese has done a great job over there. And we, at Vinton County, have nothing but love and respect for the Statesmen.

The Vikings have had a nice week since that loss. Went to River Valley and came with a decisive road victory. Back on the road yesterday and came away with a 22 point win against a very talented Jackson team. Let me tell you, right now, and this hot take will absolutely age well, but Jackson is going to be a GREAT TEAM. Those freshmen that Coach Morrow is playing are tough, physical, skilled, and have a competitor's heart. THEY ARE GOING TO BE VERY FORMIDABLE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. I hope the naysayers and ne'er do wells leave Coach Morrow alone and let him work. THE FUTURE IS EXTREMELY BRIGHT IN APPLE CITY.

Coach Morrow is firmly stationed as JHS basketball coach.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Just remember he started out at Vinton County !!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:38 am I will address the New Hope loss...not making excuses, but we just did not get it done, despite having a starter home, sick. However, this game was closer than the final score indicates. This game was at several points in the fourth quarter an one point game, but the Vikings went cold and had to foul to get the ball back. New Hope's last nine points came from the free throw line. But, make no mistake, New Hope is a VERY GOOD basketball team. I wished they had their OHSAA certification for they would be a very tough out in DIV. Coach Roese has done a great job over there. And we, at Vinton County, have nothing but love and respect for the Statesmen.

... hawkeyepierce, thanks for the input, I watched the game last night on livestream - good to see Coach Nj Kight has the Vikings playing well again ... Jackson is YOUNG! there should be no complaints about these youngins' - I see nothing but pluses for everyone who saw the floor for Coach Morrow ... youngsters have a difficult time scoring the ball - at times , then other times/games they can't miss ... some games they look like seasoned veterans while the next game they look like the freshmen/sophs that they are - youngsters! talented youngsters ... I've traveled a lot this winter, it seems everywhere I go, the folks are putting together some form of a 1 or 2 day all day event in December , I have been asked everytime - Which teams have a lot of young talent on varsity, who will be good/excellent teams NEXT season - Jackson, Vinton County are both on my short list!!! teams that organizers need to be calling to try an get them into their events ... Coach Morrow and his staff are as good as any in SE and Southern Ohio Jackson under Coach Morrow is fine for their future! and the future is NOW and going forward ... Coach Morrow is a head coach that can be talked about in any conversation about the best coaches (young or old) in the SE District ...

... hawkeye - New Hope IS good! ... I have seen them at least once per year as they have opened their season at the ZT Tipoff Classic ... I caught them over at Circleville when they beat Athens at the Roundtown multiple day event ... NH can hold their own with a whole lotta teams in SE Ohio ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... taking the short trip to Jim Myer's Gymnasium to catch Logan hosting the Warren Warriors ... going to be 800!!! combined wins in Jim Myers Gymnasium tonight between the 2 head coaches no matter who wins or loses tonight !!! Wow !!! that's amazing !!! Coach Rider picked up his 400th W vs Logan Elm Tuesday night, Coach Maddox picked up #399 Tuesday at Cambridge and will go after #400 tonight vs Logan ... it would be #400 wins in 24 years as the Head Coach at Warren Local (16.6/ 17 wins per season) ... Coach Maddox picked up #200 vs Logan in Jan of 2013 an 80-45 WHS win at the WarriorDome ... we'll see if the Chiefs are spoilers tonight or Coach reaches the #400 milestone vs his alma mater ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just watched the South Point vs Coal Grove game from last night (SP 62 CG 40) ... and the Vinton County vs Wellston game from last evening as well (VC 69 W 40) ... Vinton County is playing really good basketball right now! getting inside scoring from Allman, Brown using his size to get into the paint, Davidson/Sharp/Cain all penetrating the paint ... while the whole "gang" is looking confident from beyond the 3 point line - Davidson/Cain/Brown ... when you are seemingly able to do whatever you want on the floor offensively - with all of your weapons at your disposal - the game is sooooo much easier ... VC looks "confident" right now - a great place to be going into the post season ... one more game left in the regular season - a great set up/tune up for the opening round of sectional play - Zane Trace comes to McArthur next Friday night ... ZT another team that has found both the inside bigs and in the last couple of weeks scoring from Xzander Ream on the perimeter and at the rim ... 2 of the hotter teams going at it @ Vinton County ... going to be fun to watch!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

A lazy day for pfloyd ... watching high school hoops on the couch :

South Point vs Coal Grove
Vinton County vs Wellston
Rewatched the Washington CH vs Fairfield Leesburg game
Watched for the first time Fairfield Leesburg @ Fayetteville
Ironton at Portsmouth from last night

... I need some more popcorn ...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:01 pm

Is he? Is he really? I hear the same things you hear and I would not always categorized them as positive. :roll: Am'rite? Jackson people. Am'rite?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:01 pm

Is he? Is he really? I hear the same things you hear and I would not always categorized them as positive. :roll: Am'rite? Jackson people. Am'rite?
How do you know what I hear or what I might know?

Return to “Boys Basketball”