D4 Tournament Thread

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Re: D4 Tournament Thread

Post by trampoline »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:05 am
trampoline wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:21 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am Whiteoak is a tough opponent, but the way ND is playing and ND's size I think ND will come away with a tough victory. I think Trimble beats Eastern.
if eastern loses to trimble then they must not be very good. trimble is bad.
Oh yeah, well we’ll show you. Howie will have our boys ready. You just wait and see. Thanks for the bulletin board material though. When we beat them you can say you helped us win.
lol...it really doesnt matter. if they win one game, good for them.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

The Voice aka LR wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 am
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:21 pm How’s Thimble doing? Haven’t heard much about them lately. Surely Howdeee has them rolling into the tournament. Tell me he does.
The Men of Glouster are doing just fine thank you. Coach Howard has them boys working overtime to prep for waht we expect will be a deep and exciting tourney run. You heard it here first. No way Stewart beats us three times on the same season. We aint bred that way.
😂

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’d say SW is gonna struggle against the potential matchup with Notre Dame without Roberts. Let’s just skip to 23-24 and put this one behind us

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Swanker, is Roberts done for the year?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:08 pm Swanker, is Roberts done for the year?
From what I hear. Can’t confirm or deny

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am Whiteoak is a tough opponent, but the way ND is playing and ND's size I think ND will come away with a tough victory. I think Trimble beats Eastern.
ND's size will be a factor in this one. The ND guards are going to have their hands full with Barnett that kid is super quick and can get to the rim.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Cincinnati college Prep 62- Ripley 51.Southwest district game.
Fayetteville won their game vs Miami Valley Christian, but; I don't know the final . It was also a district game. Southwest district has several district games to reach the regional.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

trampoline wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:00 am

Oh yeah, well we’ll show you. Howie will have our boys ready. You just wait and see. Thanks for the bulletin board material though. When we beat them you can say you helped us win.
You’re an idiot if you think winning a tournament game doesn’t matter. We have the youngest team in the district so any win is a good win.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

any updates on tonight’s first round games so far? Streams?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:24 pm

You’re an idiot if you think winning a tournament game doesn’t matter. We have the youngest team in the district so any win is a good win.
Youngest D4 team?

mustang64
Waterboy

Post by mustang64 »

Manchester-56
Southern- 37

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

mustang64 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:18 pm Manchester-56
Southern- 37
Manchester and West Union have pretty young teams.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 71
Miller 45

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:42 pm

Youngest D4 team?
first, i doesn't matter simply because you will not advance past that game. secondly, you dont even have the youngest team in the hocking, let alone the district. (that would be Eastern). As usual, you are just spewing ignorance and you have absolutely no clue what you are taking about.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Southern- 37
Heard Manchester used some stall tactics to set the pace early and then ran away from southern late

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:55 am
Southern- 37
Heard Manchester used some stall tactics to set the pace early and then ran away from southern late
If you know that a team wins by playing run and gun,it seems a smart coaching move to slow the pace. Manchesters coach did just as he should in his game planning. Racine used to coach just that style of play in the early 1980s in the Wolfe years.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

trampoline wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:04 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:42 pm

Youngest D4 team?
first, i doesn't matter simply because you will not advance past that game. secondly, you dont even have the youngest team in the hocking, let alone the district. (that would be Eastern). As usual, you are just spewing ignorance and you have absolutely no clue what you are taking about.
Oh yeah, prove me wrong dummy. We have everyone back next year. But I hope you’re right about Eastern because we beat the brakes off them this year so if they have everybody back it will be worse next year.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:38 pm
eagle25 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:59 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:41 pm

I know that everyone is aware that Trimble teams create nicknames and motto’s for many of their teams, ie: hold the rope, mowhawk mafia, defense ministers, etc. They especially like to do this during playoffs. In that vein they have dubbed this year’s tourny run team “the gym runners.” By rotating 8 to 10 players in every game they plan to run teams out of the gym. Hence the name, “the gym runners.”
[/
I’m sure Howsie has them running aplenty. But they ain’t running Fed Hock outta nowhere. If they even get that far.
Trimble and “Howsie” will get housed by Eastern. Could get ugly if they don’t call off the dogs.
Will he make it through the game if they are getting “housed”? Will he shake hands afterwards? :mrgreen:

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Last year I said Western would beat Trimble and it wasn’t even a close game. Despite all you Howie worshipers I’m not impressed, Doug Williams out coached him last year and Western ran them off the floor. I don’t see it being any different this year with Eastern as they have shown what they are capable of beating some good teams in the SOC II. All the Trimble fans will make that long drive over to Beaver just to be disappointed. I’ll also go ahead and say it won’t be any better for Waterford going out to Latham. Eagles and Indians by 10+.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

bobcats94 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:48 pm Last year I said Western would beat Trimble and it wasn’t even a close game. Despite all you Howie worshipers I’m not impressed, Doug Williams out coached him last year and Western ran them off the floor. I don’t see it being any different this year with Eastern as they have shown what they are capable of beating some good teams in the SOC II. All the Trimble fans will make that long drive over to Beaver just to be disappointed. I’ll also go ahead and say it won’t be any better for Waterford going out to Latham. Eagles and Indians by 10+.
to be honest bobcats, the only reason Trimble beat Notre dame the game before the western game was because of horrific officiating that gave portsmouth no chance to win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”