FRIDAY 2/17 GAMES

Space Between
Waterboy

Re: FRIDAY 2/17 GAMES

Post by Space Between »

May have to get on board then lol. Hopefully you put your name in the hat if that coaching job opens up

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

JeepCreep wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:56 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:49 pm There’s another stud in his class named Large. Those kids with the 7th grader Braden Barnard, sheesh.
Man, if we look back a few years I bet people did this with some other kids out at Webster by putting a bunch of expectations on them as Jr Highers or before. A lot can happen in kids development over 5 years. Lots of biddy league all stars never make it to varsity.
I’ll bet everything I own in 6 years those two will be the best duo in the SOC. Large is already 6’1 or so. He’s taller than me. They won the 6th grade championship at the root today

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW needs a high energy guy on the sidelines not afraid to ruffle all the feathers.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:23 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:49 pm There’s another stud in his class named Large. Those kids with the 7th grader Braden Barnard, sheesh.
Man, if we look back a few years I bet people did this with some other kids out at Webster by putting a bunch of expectations on them as Jr Highers or before. A lot can happen in kids development over 5 years. Lots of biddy league all stars never make it to varsity.
I’ll bet everything I own in 6 years those two will be the best duo in the SOC. Large is already 6’1 or so. He’s taller than me. They won the 6th grade championship at the root today
Minford, Burg, and West all got real solid kids in that class also. What I've learned over the years though is how wrong I've been about some of these younger kids' developments. Too many variables. And I've especially been wrong on the bigs that dominated pee wee/junior high, but then stopped growing while everyone else caught up to them size-wise in high school.*

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:35 pm

Minford, Burg, and West all got real solid kids in that class also. What I've learned over the years though is how wrong I've been about some of these younger kids' developments. Too many variables. And I've especially been wrong on the bigs that dominated pee wee/junior high, but then stopped growing while everyone else caught up to them size-wise in high school.*
This is absolutely right.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

Don't be throwing the deed to your house in the poker game just yet, the best player on that 6th grade team will never play high school boys basketball ... because she's a girl

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JeepCreep wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:59 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:35 pm

This is absolutely right.
Truth, Michael Jordan couldn't even make the High school team til his junior year ,I think.

Jimmy Chitwood
Waterboy

Post by Jimmy Chitwood »

Art is absolutely correct. Way too many variables that play into development. You're definitely wasting your time coming up with expectations from kids that you see play in elementary and Jr high. My personal opinion, Webster needs to get a strength and conditioning program going and get someone in there to run it that knows what they are doing. This is the one area of development that is severely lacking in SW kids and it shows...
As far as Kreischer goes, I don't understand why he's taking some heat, I'm going to need a little more explanation for that one.
As far as this season goes, I think everyone's expectations were too high for this year's team, and I said that to plenty of people before the season started. The 3 kids that transferred in did so because they weren't getting minutes somewhere else..The fact that some people in SW and other places around here thought they were going to compete for the SOC actually blows my mind. The Roberts situation morphed into a huge team chemistry issue as well...Hopefully, they can pull it together for a decent tournament run, but that remains to be seen...

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:59 pm May have to get on board then lol. Hopefully you put your name in the hat if that coaching job opens up
No doubt you would be an asset to the school district. And I think I will throw my name in the hat; can I count on your support?

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Jimmy Chitwood wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 am Art is absolutely correct. Way too many variables that play into development. You're definitely wasting your time coming up with expectations from kids that you see play in elementary and Jr high. My personal opinion, Webster needs to get a strength and conditioning program going and get someone in there to run it that knows what they are doing. This is the one area of development that is severely lacking in SW kids and it shows...
As far as Kreischer goes, I don't understand why he's taking some heat, I'm going to need a little more explanation for that one.
As far as this season goes, I think everyone's expectations were too high for this year's team, and I said that to plenty of people before the season started. The 3 kids that transferred in did so because they weren't getting minutes somewhere else..The fact that some people in SW and other places around here thought they were going to compete for the SOC actually blows my mind. The Roberts situation morphed into a huge team chemistry issue as well...Hopefully, they can pull it together for a decent tournament run, but that remains to be seen...
Is it fair to say that Kreischer knows a little bit about the game of basketball and how a program should be run?
I think we all would answer “yes” to that question. With that being said, why would he sit back and allow the current head coach to remain for as long as he has? His teams, and the overall program, have declined every year he has been in charge.

Jimmy Chitwood
Waterboy

Post by Jimmy Chitwood »

MattyIce wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:59 am
Jimmy Chitwood wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 am Art is absolutely correct. Way too many variables that play into development. You're definitely wasting your time coming up with expectations from kids that you see play in elementary and Jr high. My personal opinion, Webster needs to get a strength and conditioning program going and get someone in there to run it that knows what they are doing. This is the one area of development that is severely lacking in SW kids and it shows...
Is it fair to say that Kreischer knows a little bit about the game of basketball and how a program should be run?
I think we all would answer “yes” to that question. With that being said, why would he sit back and allow the current head coach to remain for as long as he has? His teams, and the overall program, have declined every year he has been in charge.
I agree, and I'm pretty sure most of everyone would do so as well...However, there are a lot of variables in that situation, and I think with Cole being on his staff years ago when he coached makes things a little different/tougher...As far as the program declining, I'm not seeing that. I think people's expectations of the teams he's had the last few years were too high...I don't think the talent has quite been there...Someone earlier mentioned Blevins and a few others that they thought were really good..Blevins is a great player and has had a great career with Rio...However, the others, not so much...With that said and our agreement that Kreischer knows a thing or two about basketball, I tend to think that he maybe he realizes that as well and hasn't seen anything imperative that says he should move on from Cole?? Who knows, but with the situation that has popped up this season and many in the community being unhappy with what they've witnessed on the court, it will be interesting to see how it is handled in the offseason.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Definitely unrealistic expectations at Webster. The one player who seems to have caused a lot of the issues has been acting this way forever. Just a bad situation all around and I’m not sure any coach could have made this season any better than it has been

E High
All State

Post by E High »

MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:23 pm
Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:03 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Who hired the Coach and has kept him in his position for the past six (6) years?
The board? They vote on it. It doesn’t fall on one person
The Board goes with the recommendation made by the Super!!!! They have nothing to do with the interview process!!! Sounds like you would make a good BVLS board member!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Not true. Some schools have a couple board members on the interviewing committee. Guess who eventually has the Most say. The Board members.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

E High wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:51 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:23 pm
Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:03 pm

The board? They vote on it. It doesn’t fall on one person
The Board goes with the recommendation made by the Super!!!! They have nothing to do with the interview process!!! Sounds like you would make a good BVLS board member!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Not true. Some schools have a couple board members on the interviewing committee. Guess who eventually has the Most say. The Board members.
This may be true at other schools, but that is not the case at Webster!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Keek Johnson for boys coach 23-24. Make SW great again

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:51 pm Keek Johnson for boys coach 23-24. Make SW great again
Nah, hire someone from outside Webster and recruit a D1 point guard. That worked before in the mid 2000s right?

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

The last 2 coaches to win District titles at Webster were both from outside the district. One would think that the guy running the show at Webster would know this and use that approach for his next hire.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

MattyIce wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:49 pm
E High wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:51 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:23 pm. That’s true at a lot of schools today

This may be true at other schools, but that is not the case at Webster!!!
Most of these schools can’t run run a school system let alone a a lone a sports program

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Really what you are questioning at SW is the same crap that was allowed in the door at ND for the football program. You get these wannbe daddys that never earned a letter but they want to win vicariously through their boys. Then when they realize their own DNA still aint no good they need someone to blame. So they project their anger about their own impotence onto the coach. Happens over and over. That Riverballfan is about 5-7 and weigh 335 now but he knows everything about coaching football. Hope the SW fans learn to stray away from that level of idiocy.

meatspanker

Post by meatspanker »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:51 pm Keek Johnson for boys coach 23-24. Make SW great again
What a joke. I used to drink with Keek. He used to draw plays up on the walls of the stall in the mens room.

Return to “Boys Basketball”