Summer Basketball

E High
All State

Re: Summer Basketball

Post by E High »

If you’re in the SE or East and you’re really good, you have a chance to get to the regional finals. Good luck going forward. For some teams, getting to the district, district finals is Huge

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake scrimmaged at Green this afternoon. Green called and needed a scrimmage.
Played 7 -10 min. quarters Peake varsity big in 1st, tied the second , won 4th and 5th, jv played and Peake won 3rd and 6th.
Green was missing some players, they have a couple good players.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Just some quick observations from the summer as we wind down June. Call them educated guesses or predictions, as you will:

1. DIVISION III SE DISTRICT WILL BE ATOMIC: Watching some of South Point, North Adams, Minford and Fairland, I am going to enjoy seeing these teams play in 23-24. Noise, but not seen from Ironton and Portsmouth. Will be lots of fun

2. NORTH ADAMS WINS THE SHAC: I would have said gold ball here, but I know how one bad night goes sometimes.

3. MINFORD WINS THE SOC: Same as North Adams, I would have said gold ball here, but I know how one bad night goes.

4. OVC WILL BE A MINE FIELD: Some will argue that you have to favor South Point, I won't disagree, but this won't be an easy repeat.

5. UNIOTO WINS THE SVC: I am going to say a GOLD BALL for Unioto in 23-24

Comment or give your educated guesses. Let's have some fun. Have a good one guys!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake finish summer scrimmages last night.
They play in the Ashland summer but don't have any results.
At Marshall shoot out they went 6-0
At Green they were 4-0-1 (tied)
At Manchester they went 5-1 losing a close one in the first period.
Didn't include the jv as they played well also.
Coach used 10 guys subbed in regularly.
Looking forward to the season.

VCTailgater
Waterboy

Post by VCTailgater »

I was really impressed with Vinton County’s summer schedule. Had a great first shootout which included Logan / Logan Elm. Then traveled to North Carolina St. University team camp. They faced some very talented teams right in the Mecca of basketball land. Then back to Southeastern Ohio to face off with teams like Washington Court House, Goshen, Fairfield Union, South Point, Waverly, Jackson and Ironton. Also attended a shoot out at Kent State University to compete against- Firestone, Massillon Jackson, and Kent Roosevelt.

The Vikings competed at a very high level, looked very very good and are very deep. Great Job to Coach Kight for taking advantage of the summer league!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I agree on your post. I will predict that Vinton County will win the TVC.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:47 pm I agree on your post. I will predict that Vinton County will win the TVC.
I think D2 in the district overall will be like last year in the sense where you might expect a few teams to stand above the rest but you really have no clue until the season is underway.

Go Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”