OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

radiodavel
JV Team

OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2024 ... nt-in-2025

Older bird
Freshman Team

Re: OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

Post by Older bird »

But any news where state tours will b next year. I hear they hoping for Dayton but have not heard convermation

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

Post by danicalifornia »

Yes! $10 for parking and seats further away than at the Convo

Perfect venue.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Any reason why Ohio University would not want to do it?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Will they have the frozen lemonade things like they did 20 years ago?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Let's make high school basketball totally impersonal ! horrible venue for high school hoops ... takes the crowds/fans/student section out of the game ... ugggggghhhhhhhhh

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Fairgrounds is a terrible venue for this. This would end me going to the state tournament. I really like Dayton or St. Johns. They would completely miss the mark if they choose to do this.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:38 pm Let's make high school basketball totally impersonal ! horrible venue for high school hoops ... takes the crowds/fans/student section out of the game ... ugggggghhhhhhhhh
I agree, we played Columbus Wehrle there and it sucked.I think they had a cattle show there earlier that day.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Loved Dayton 2 years ago......

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:38 pm Let's make high school basketball totally impersonal ! horrible venue for high school hoops ... takes the crowds/fans/student section out of the game ... ugggggghhhhhhhhh
I agree, we played Columbus Wehrle there and it sucked.I think they had a cattle show there earlier that day.
I believe the beef expo used to be the same weekend as the regionals when they were at the fairgrounds. Deer and Turkey expo too. Thatwas the trifecta for me back in the day lol.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

It would be a DUMB decision. OH$AA is a corrupt organization!

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 pm Any reason why Ohio University would not want to do it?
May want to but can’t see it happening unless they have whatever dirt Canton seems to be able to leverage into the football championships year after year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I like the Fairgrounds Coliseum and when I lived in Columbus, would see a lot of D1 district tournament games there. My only concern is that the facility needs more seats and some cosmetic upgrading. I remember the pizza was great though, washing it down with a Coke. It's not hard to get to, and the parking from what I remember was adequate.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:14 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 pm
I believe the beef expo used to be the same weekend as the regionals when they were at the fairgrounds. Deer and Turkey expo too. Thatwas the trifecta for me back in the day lol.
Werle played many games at the fairgrounds during their years playing. I believe they even played sectional,district and regionals there. It was like their home court.They had a bunch of D1 players Jerry Francis,Eli Brewster and a guy that went to WVU. Great team.

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

It was my understanding they are talking about the Fairgrounds for Central District games like the old days. I think that will happen with seven divisions.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

I hope they are talking about just the central district tournament (district and regional). It’s clearly not an appropriate place to watch a Final Four game in this day and age. Move it to The Schott, St John, Xavier, Cincy, Wright State, Cleveland St, Akron, or Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

Return to “Boys Basketball”