Pike County Holiday Classic

mikepike
All State

Re: Pike County Holiday Classic

Post by mikepike »

I saw a picture of the jump ball in question, as well as the opening tip of the Eastern-Piketon game. The player from Eastern held his opponent on both occasions.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You can check out photos of the tourney here.

http://www.joegphotos.com/2015-Holiday-classic/
Last edited by smurray on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:You can check out the photo here.
I posted it on my Facebook momentarily but deleted it due to some comments. My goal is not to make a kid look bad or say anything bad about this kid. He is a great kid. This was NOT a dirty play, just a foul that was properly called.

http://www.joegphotos.com/2015-Holiday-classic/

was this the opening tip or the overtime tip. that's not what got my eagles beat but his hand is wrapped around the Waverly players arm not dirty like u said but a foul.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Both of those photos r from the opening tip, when a foul was not called, i think Robertson saw that ,made the official aware that he thought leist was grabbing , so when the jump ball happend in OT the official was gonna call a foul, no matter what , and chapman went down like shaq had just pulled him down , and a foul was called . I think it was a great move by Robertson, nothing wrong at all with a coach pointing something out to an official , they should do that .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It should've been a foul at the opening tip as well then. No excuse to miss that. I'm glad it was called in overtime at the very least.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

A picture can make things look worse than they really are , the first pic shows leist with his arm on chapman then the next pic shows both of them jumping almost equally into the air , if leist grabbed his arm with that much pressure at all , no way is chapman able to jump that high, while being grabbed .

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

There's another photo of him using the same move in the Eastern/Piketon game the second night. It's much clearer and obvious. No foul called in that game.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Gone
Last edited by OldTiger on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm glad we all agree now it was a foul, regardless how many times it is missed. The CORRECT call was made!!!
Cudos to Coach Robertson IF he indeed did point it out before the OT tip. A good coach does that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Vicki Hoover Photos - some nice shots

https://vickihooverphotography.smugmug. ... ly-vs-Eas/
Last edited by smurray on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Smurray,
If u r gonna get on here and post pictures of these kids , u better post all the pictures , and not just the pics that make the eastern player look bad, u know that's not the only pics she has , post them all, theres other pics that make it look like it is a foul on chapman , and if u say u haven't seen them , then u r a liar.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

the pic shown here against piketon wasn't going to be close at all leist was way up above him so the piketon player could of been coming up underneath him and leist arm was just there.

GO EAGLES
FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

EPN wrote:Smurray,
If u r gonna get on here and post pictures of these kids , u better post all the pictures , and not just the pics that make the eastern player look bad, u know that's not the only pics she has , post them all, theres other pics that make it look like it is a foul on chapman , and if u say u haven't seen them , then u r a liar.
U r crazee if u dont think thats a fowl u should no that u can t grab some1s arm on a tippoff play u gota realeyes that da eagles can fowl to if u don t then u r a liar

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

EPN,
I posted a link to all her photos, not a single picture. ALL of her photos are there to see. I did not post the SINGLE photo of the tip of the Piketon game, someone else did that. You might want to check to see who posted it.
I'm not on here to make any player look bad. I've already stated that. I said it wasn't a dirty play and I'll say it wasn't a cheap shot or anything close to that. I stated previously the kid is a great kid. It was just a basketball foul and properly called.
You got on here saying how ridiculous the foul call was and people are trying to show you how wrong you are. I don't know what your problem is with my posting a link to someone's photos and accusing me of stuff like you are.
I'll look through her pics again to see if I can find the one that makes it look like Chapman is pulling him down on the tip. If I find that one I'll let you know.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Showing how bored I am, I just watched 15 tip plays from Hudl, exactly 0 had anyone jumping with any contact such as what it shown in the pictures that have been posted. It's a foul and should be called as such every time.

Maybe I'm crazy, but possession to start isn't worth the risk of fouling.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I don't think anybody is saying that the eagles don't foul the ot tip against Waverly was called now all the other pics of the opening tip against Waverly and this piketon pic wasn't called so putting one of our boys on blast in front of the whole website will upset people there was a lot of fouls not called in that game so pics of fouls that wasn't called shouldn't be showed to make our eastern boy look bad.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TO EVERYONE
Is anything I posted worthy of being accused of making someone look bad? I will delete any and all posts I have made if it is doing so.
This was a great tournament and I commend all the teams and players. Everyone busted their behinds and gave it their all.
PLEASE, let me know and I will delete every post I have made on this thread.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Just saw your post, brown22 _ I was posting at the same time.
I agree, the picture of the Piketon tip has nothing to do with the Waverly OT tip. It wasn't me that posted it.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Look I have meant no disrespect to anyone , all I am saying is that these r not the only pics of that play, and there is different pics that could b shown , that would show a completely different view of the play and it just depends on when the picture was snapped , to make it look like something was worse than it was, and I know that was the case here. But I think the pictures should prolly come down , as it is not fair to the boy from eastern , to have his picture posted on here , and making it look like it was a dirty play, as it would not b fair tothe boy from waverly to have his pic posted on here making it look like he was the one fouling , cause I am not sure that pic is as bad as it looked either.
To smurray , I don't know u , but I did not mean to offend u , if I did I apologize, and I think this topic should prolly b over , it has gotten out of control, it's not fair to the boys , to b on here posting pics and have some of the negative comments that have been made , like I said I think the pictures should b taken down , and no more pics posted of either of the kids involved .

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

Would've been nice to read some comments about how hard fought the Waverly-Western game was in this holiday tournament thread instead of all the whining about a foul call

Return to “Boys Basketball”