Is meigs for real this season?

ma77ox
Varsity

Re: Is meigs for real this season?

Post by ma77ox »

hateraid wrote:IMO It depends on your meaning of "for real".
Are they playing better basketball this year than typical? Yes.
Are they on track to post a 15+ win season? Yes
But if your meaning of "for real" is winning the TVC or getting out of the sectionals then I would say NO. As of now VC is the class of the TVC and I would be surprised if anyone in that league topples them. In addition, the Logan sectional is going to be loaded with the likes of VC, FU, Warren, Logan Elm, Sheriden etc...
I think Meigs is an improved team but until they make it out of the sectionals or win the conference I wouldn't say they are "for real"
I hope people keep thinking Vinton County is superior to us. Going to be a great game on 1/12/2016

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ma77ox wrote:
hateraid wrote:IMO It depends on your meaning of "for real".
Are they playing better basketball this year than typical? Yes.
Are they on track to post a 15+ win season? Yes
But if your meaning of "for real" is winning the TVC or getting out of the sectionals then I would say NO. As of now VC is the class of the TVC and I would be surprised if anyone in that league topples them. In addition, the Logan sectional is going to be loaded with the likes of VC, FU, Warren, Logan Elm, Sheriden etc...
I think Meigs is an improved team but until they make it out of the sectionals or win the conference I wouldn't say they are "for real"
I hope people keep thinking Vinton County is superior to us. Going to be a great game on 1/12/2016
Fans don't matter though. It doesn't matter that I might think VC is 10 points better or that you think Meigs is a few points better. Meigs will be fired up for the matchup and Coach Combs knows how to prepare his kids and what to say when everyone has them already penciled in for the win.

Now if the VC players and coaches believe they are superior and that game will be a cakewalk....then there could be a problem.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs and Vinton are the two best teams in the league right now. Outside the #1 vs #8/#9 game, the games should be very close at Logan. Athens, Sheridan, and Warren could be the 5-7 seeds

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:Meigs and Vinton are the two best teams in the league right now. Outside the #1 vs #8/#9 game, the games should be very close at Logan. Athens, Sheridan, and Warren could be the 5-7 seeds
What an absurd Sectional. I wish we still had 2 trips to the Regionals out of our District. There are 5 really good teams in the SE side as well. This is another year where 8 teams to the Convo in D2 would be outstanding.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Would love to see Meigs and VC make it out of the Logan sectional!

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Meigs will win one tournament game (if they draw Southern). Or, are they in different classes? I don't see them beating a team with size and talent.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Spud wrote:Meigs will win one tournament game (if they draw Southern). Or, are they in different classes? I don't see them beating a team with size and talent.
And you're making predictions when you don't even know what teams are in what "classes"...LOL

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The outside perception of Meigs will always be that they can't beat a good team. And to be honest they will and should be the underdog against Vinton. But that doesn't mean they can't beat them. This is the best team Meigs has had in a very long time. To say they won't compete come tournament time would be a joke. Say they only do win 1 tournament game, division 2 postseason basketball is no joke.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

I reffed a 3-3 tourney in Gallipolis and they played very good in it. I believe they were younger than High School aged kids. I think they won the tourney.

Unknownstar
Waterboy

Post by Unknownstar »

PTownhoops wrote:I reffed a 3-3 tourney in Gallipolis and they played very good in it. I believe they were younger than High School aged kids. I think they won the tourney.
2nd place but they played really well

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

And they were really good kids. I'm sorry I didn't ref I kept score last yr. Tried to keep the peace.

Return to “Boys Basketball”