Warren and Marietta to PVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Warren and Marietta to PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

It looks like the league will look to add Cambridge, Morgan, Marietta, Warren ,Meadowbrook and possibly Coshocton. 4 of the 6 are for sure in and they will probably all join. It will be broken down into a small and big div. This is not just a rumor and will come together quickly.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf expansion

Post by PVCGuru »

Guess I'm not sure how this makes sense for the teams mentioned.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf expansion

Post by EasternDspy »

Warren really has no league as the SCOL is fading away. Marietta really wants out of ECOL. Morgan has been destroyed by MVL. Cambridge I'm not sure about. Meadowbrook a former PVC has never really fit in anywhere else. If one the mentioned teams don't workout Coshocton is interested. Caldwell is all about this them and Fort want the new competition. Frontier and Shenandoah are leaning against it and Monroe is on the fence. Could go up for vote soon.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Re: Warren and Marietta to PVC

Post by PVCGuru »

It's pretty easy to see why Frontier and Shenandoah would be against it.

Warren, Cambridge and meadowbrook are all already in the OVAC so it makes to want to play other OVAC teams.

Monroe Central looks to be trending down in the near future, so I can see why short term that they wouldn't like this.

Not sure what they think the scheduling would look like, but those big schools would have zero to gain against little guys.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier is in and I hear all 5 will most likely vote yes.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Added revenue for the PVC schools will be a huge factor. Big schools would only play 2 maybe 3 small schools a year in football. Marietta will make way more money playing games vs PVC schools then say small ECOL schools such as Riverview and Rosecrans. Marietta vs Fort Frye will be a huge gate for both schools. It be awesome if Belpre and Waterford would join that way all 6 Wash County schools would be in same league. Plus Warren and Marietta need to be in the same league. Morgan will get new rivals and will be way more competitive.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

This would be a great step for Warren and Marietta in my opinion. Although I would love to see the SEOAL survive, if it can't this is the next best option.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's going to be up for vote in a few weeks.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

The ECOL is all but done,Claymont to the IVC, I just seen on the Bishop Rosecrans web site that they are joining the Mid State league near columbus small school div. in 2017-18 season.now Cambridge,Meadowbrook, Coshocton, wheres River View going to go.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

I believe the Warriors were previous members of the Pioneer Valley League in the early 60's before becoming a charter member of the Tri Valley Conference.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this would be a good thing. I think Warren and Marietta would thrive in this league and I think it sets Morgan up to succeed.
It should be interesting to see what happens.
How long has the PVC talked about expanding?
Has anyone approached Belpre about joining?

I don't hear much PVC news so that's why I'm asking.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

First I have heard this news.East District Tournament would be very challenging for the Warriors.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

I would imagine if the PVC decides to not let these schools in, they will make a separate, new league with Coshocton and maybe River View. I do like the idea of a big school division in the PVC though. Warren and Marietta should definitely be in the same league again. Morgan, Cambridge, and Meadowbrook are all pretty good fits too. The small schools would be competitive with the larger schools in many instances, the gates would be good, and travel would not be a problem. Also Marietta vs Fort Frye in a potential cross over game would be awesome.

Would Marietta and Warren join the East District for tournaments? I know Marietta plays in the ECOL but stayed in the Southeast District.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

The league you are in has had no effect on which District you are in.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I talked to 2 PVC coaches today and I believe this will be approved. I can't wait for the first night of champions basketball event.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre and Waterford have been contacted but I don't think they are interested same goes for Barnesville.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Heard this was our basketball coach/AD's idea and that it has a lot of support. Also heard that there are some at current PVC schools that don't support it. I could see the good and the bad in it. $ wise it makes sense. Travel would be easy. Competitively it would be good for the most part. Smaller schools have a lot worse down years than big ones. I heard one of our fans at fort frye the other night say just because our basketball coach isn't afraid to play anyone doesn't mean everyone is that way. I'll believe it when I see it I guess. On a side note, the day of champions thing would be cool

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The teams involved do make sense. I don't see why the bigger schools would need The PVC's permission to form a league, but someone will explain it to me.

If Monroe doesn't want in, tell them farewell and good luck finding opponents who want to go to Woodsfield.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I know some thought Frontier would be against the idea but I talked to a certain Coach/AD and he told me they are all in. This is going to help make scheduling so much easier on all the teams. Even other sports will benefit from playing teams closer. Teams that will bring in way more fans. Frontier is not making squat from playing these small WV schools. Don't you think Fort Frye would be better off playing Marietta , Warren or Morgan in football rather then Newcomerstown or Wirt? Fort Frye, Monroe , Caldwell have had success in sports and a ton of schools won't even schedule them this is a great solution.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If this happens Buckeye Trail will regret going to the IVC big time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”