Warren and Marietta to PVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren and Marietta to PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta and Morgan I assume would also join the OVAC. Also with the district line being so close I was told Warren and Marietta could petition to compete in the Eastern District. What is shocking is why is Marietta enrollment dropping so much? Just a few years ago they were D1. I think Marietta vs Fort Frye rivalry is coming soon as well as Fort vs Williamstown. I could see Belpre vs Fort Frye fading out completely.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

You could look at this two different ways.
1. The small schools wont like it because they will have to compete with the big schools that have 200-400 more students in the school if not more. Hard to have a d7 football team vs. a d3 football team in the same league. Wont help the bigger school with points in the playoffs

2. This is really good for the smaller schools because the kids will have bigger teams and better competition so they will need to work harder and get better then when playoffs come be more likely to make a run. Alot of the matchups are ideal for travel and $ like has been said.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Question is will there be any non- conference games on the schedule now? if there will be 2-3 football crossover games that dosnt leave room for non-conference games. This is not a bad thing but games like waterford-fort will be no longer

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm thinking it we will be a 7 or 8 game league schedule. Still leaving 2 or 3 non league games. Also there will still be 2 league champs in all sports a small and big. Playing the bigger schools a few times a year should only make you better. Also in football all these big schools are already playing teams that hurt playoff chances anyway. Look at Marietta who has been playing Rosecrans and RiverView and Morgan already plays West M and Shenandoah.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Guess there will only be 5 teams left after BT leaves, still feels like there is 7 with river thats why I was wondering about non-league

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

As of now I think it would be Caldwell, Fort Frye, Doah, Frontier , and Monroe would be Small and Marietta, Warren, Meadowbrook, Cambridge, and Morgan would be the big.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

If Waterford and belpre would join the small school div. And then add Coshocton and River View to the big school div. That would make 7 in each div.then like in football have one crossover game,then rotate every two years ,that would give you 7 league games and 3 nonleague games. Then in basketball have everyone play in there div.teams twice and two crossover games for 14 league games, then 8 nonleague games. I guess this is just wishful thinking

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Frontier and monroe are the ones who might have complaints about travel but it would not be as bad as some of the wv non league games such as hannah and those others in the middle of no where

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier is ready for opportunity they struggle to fill schedules and this will help big time. Not sure how much Cambridge will like the year they have to play football at Frontier but with the added resources the Cougars could fix up the facilities.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Nice. I like to hear this. Will miss the Logan, Jackson, Gallia contests for my alma mater but I feel this will really help the Warren football program and will make for some great basketball contests.

Having some local contests will also aid in coverage in newspapers since stringers won't have to travel all over gods green earth to cover a game. Plus fans can attend more games during weeknights for basketball because travel will be closer.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Meadowbrook has no interest in joining the PVC. It will NOT happen.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well the ECOL is dead league if Meadowbrook don't come I think Coshocton will be the back up.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

ferflog wrote:Meadowbrook has no interest in joining the PVC. It will NOT happen.
Don't blame them. Couldn't win in anything when they were in the PVC the first time

turnover
Waterboy

Post by turnover »

I don't think Morgan is going anywhere. They like the MVL. JMO

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

If you go check the Point Pleasant to OVC, SEOAL, or TVC or the PVC 2016 topics in the football forum, someone from the MVL forum said they talked to the Morgan AD and they said they're happy in the MVL and staying there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”