Freshman Team

ND @ EAST Tonight!!!

Post by asb »

Thoughts and Predictions?

asb
Freshman Team

Re: ND @ EAST Tonight!!!

Post by asb »

ND can keep themselves in the hunt with huge win tonight. I believe East is undefeated at home.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

ASB,
Is Blaine scott injured , I heard he was , was hoping that was not true , he seems like a good kid and he has a bright future ahead of him.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Hes nursing a ankle injury and so ist he other Scott kid...on a good note Blaine just received another D1 offer to Duke for football. Not bad for a Soph

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

It's always tough to win in that gym, a loud atmosphere which fuels both teams. Notre Dame will need to match up better this game. I feel like Notre Dame didn't play to its potential early in the season. Should def be a good one for both teams.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

glad to hear its nothing serious, congrats to himon the duke offer , duke is becoming a good football team , david cutcliffe is a good coach there.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

ND getting their arses handed to them!!! Down 25 halfway through 2nd quarter

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

47-26 half East up big

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Brown sat half the game(foul trouble) and East led by 20-30 the whole game. ND never had a chance,ND shot 22 free throws to East 11 for the game. East had like 5 players in double figures. I was told ND has been playing great ball and East could be in trouble but despite East losing 3 players and suffering some injuries they weren't trying to give up first place in the league just yet...my question is HOW GOOD IS EAST?

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

TBD

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Very Very good on their home court. Solid on a big court, and I mean that in the most respectful way possible. No bash to them, I just believe they are much much better on their small court.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb wrote:Brown sat half the game(foul trouble) and East led by 20-30 the whole game. ND never had a chance,ND shot 22 free throws to East 11 for the game. East had like 5 players in double figures. I was told ND has been playing great ball and East could be in trouble but despite East losing 3 players and suffering some injuries they weren't trying to give up first place in the league just yet...my question is HOW GOOD IS EAST?
they are not going to get beat at home this year they have proven that.

GO EAGLES
Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

When was the last time east lost at home?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

I think Eastern beat them last year at home but Eastern was a better team last year. I dont think there is that big of a gap in coaching between P.J. and Barrick, both are great coaches. when you lose a player like Thacker it will hurt, East will have a great team once Brown graduates but trust me they will be a different great. Same thing is going on with Clay,yeah theyre a great team but losing those seniors hurt and the lack of depth is killing them vs tougher opponents. East returned everyone that finished the season last year and added a few kids and I believe thats why theyre leading the league thus far. It will take a off night for them to get beat in that league in my opinion. East is loaded with shooters to compliment browns driving abilities and then you cant forget about Blaine Scott

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb
eastern is totally different with barrick than with Fitch u miss an assignment on defense you go to the bench to talk about it players like clay Martin and Tyler hale have really come along with barrick and helps Ethan leist so he doesn't feel he has to do it all cause with Fitch it was a lot of isolation plays and it's more team ball with barrick.Martin may be leading our league in 3point % he is 10-14 last 2 games tyler hale has a high field goal % as well you are correct losing thacker will hurt any team but kids graduate and it's the next kid up and if a couple of them would of played more last year instead of the last part of the year that would of helped us tremendous. our bench will be getting deeper when the Tomlinson boy comes back the eagles will be just fine.

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

I still believe EASTERN was a little better last year. I dont know much about the Tomlinson kid(what position is he)...Thacker made the game easier for everyone else because of the attention he demanded offensively. ......so answer me this, Do you think Eastern healthy is a better team than East on neutral floor?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

For some reason I believe East could go into Eastern and win by 20 and there will be a bunch of reasons why and Eastern will still have the better team. Im basing this of of the B.O.S.E. rankings and post that Ive read throughout S.E.O.P from preseason til now,Even with East already beating them by 20 along with every other team in league besides western which was probably East worst shooting game all year and Western best.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

East doesn't get any love on Preps. But that's ok, they just keep winning and beating teams by a bunch that are supposed to play with them. They can run you all night. Every player on that team can start and they don't miss a beat. And just a reminder that they do not have a senior on the team....

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

By all means East is good. Akia can take over a game just like that and once Blaine gets position he is very hard to stop. My only concern is how well they will play away from home against the top teams. They played @ Raceland and lost, played @ SW and lost, and played against Huntington St Joe @ SSU and lost. They still have to play @ Eastern and @ Clay which are tough places to play, so what I'm wanting to see is how they play on the road on a bigger floor.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:By all means East is good. Akia can take over a game just like that and once Blaine gets position he is very hard to stop. My only concern is how well they will play away from home against the top teams. They played @ Raceland and lost, played @ SW and lost, and played against Huntington St Joe @ SSU and lost. They still have to play @ Eastern and @ Clay which are tough places to play, so what I'm wanting to see is how they play on the road on a bigger floor.
i understand they have lost but so has other teams on the road, vs SW AND RACELAND they had just lost a starter and was figuring things out, they never pressed at all vs any of those teams (which they do often)...if they were to play both of those teams 10 times they would win 9 of them......vs st. joe they shot poorly and just came off a huge win the night before vs eastern i believe, st. joe was hot and probably the better team but if you shoot 30% and your opponent shots 60% you more than likely will lose. now with that said look at trimbles lost to whama or whoever that is lol(things happen) east has had a chance to win every game but 1 and could easily be 13-1......i just think they deserve a lil more credit but i also believe time will tell it

Return to “Boys Basketball”