DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by trojandave »

Having seen my Trojans escape at Peebles with a 64-55 win, I can say as an eyewitness that the Indians will be a tough test for anyone in the tourney. They have a good balance offensively in the paint and on the perimeter. Defensively they have enough athleticism to take advantage of other teams careless ballhandling.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

trojandave wrote:Having seen my Trojans escape at Peebles with a 64-55 win, I can say as an eyewitness that the Indians will be a tough test for anyone in the tourney. They have a good balance offensively in the paint and on the perimeter. Defensively they have enough athleticism to take advantage of other teams careless ballhandling.
I agree Trojandave, thru the season guys learn to play together and at times stub their toes. If they work harder than the opponent and find the leaders of the team they can be special come tourney time because of the competition they play.I have said all along that I figured the Indians would go 17-5 thru the season. That being said our leaders are stepping up. Beau was our leader last year but Gordley has been stepping up to be this years leader. We are capable of 4 in double figure every game and have had that at times this year. Your Trojans went through this this year ,but you have jelled with the leadership of Allison and your Seniors. However the draw shakes out I believe the Indians and the Trojans will be teams to recon with. Similar to our 1974 Indian Regional final team. Good luck to all from the Peebles class of 1974.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Records according to pfloyd and maxpreps. Please update if I missed any.

Clay 12-3
Eastern Pike 12-5
Fairfield 5-8
Glenwood 2-13
Manchester 4-10
Notre Dame 12-4
Peebles 12-3
Sciotoville Community 12-4
South Webster 7-8
Western 7-9
Whiteoak 3-9
Last edited by trojan7 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

trojan7 wrote:Records according to pfloyd and maxpreps. Please update if I missed any.

Clay 11-3
Eastern Pike 11-4
Fairfield 5-8
Glenwood 2-12
Manchester 4-10
Notre Dame 11-4
Peebles 11-3
Sciotoville Community 9-4
South Webster 6-8
Western 7-8
Whiteoak 3-9
eastern pike 12-4

GO EAGLES
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Sciotoville 11-4

SW fans, how many points per game does the Hadinger kid average? What is his career high?

Mentioned Clay last year because they won the league, had a better record, better seed, and whipped East by 30+ at Clay......and still only made it as deep as East in the tournament. I don't think East matches up well with them, yet has split both seasons. No home court is worth 30-40 pt spread. Point was that a lot of factors don't always add up. Relevant, and not flawed.

Colonel, get off this "outsider, unbiased opinion" gimmick, or keep kidding yourself.
Last edited by TheSportsGuy on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Clay did make it out of sectional last year. Lost by 2 to Eastern pike in district.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Thanks for the correction. Will edit previous post.

Basketball is heavily based on matchups, and that will matter more in deciding who is better than who in the end.

Why are certain losses more damning to one team, while other teams get a free pass for theirs?

I like when teams play a tough schedule, but how can you reward teams for losing? You've got to win some of those good games for it to matter. Anybody could schedule "tough" and lose.

What is more important, a team's "bad" losses, or their "good wins"?

There are so many factors to consider and I'm glad we have 7 quality teams in this sectional to debate over.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Sciotoville 11-4

SW fans, how many points per game does the Hadinger kid average? What is his career high?

Mentioned Clay last year because they won the league, had a better record, better seed, and whipped East by 30+ at Clay......and still only made it as deep as East in the tournament. I don't think East matches up well with them, yet has split both seasons. No home court is worth 30-40 pt spread. Point was that a lot of factors don't always add up. Relevant, and not flawed.

Colonel, get off this "outsider, unbiased opinion" gimmick, or keep kidding yourself.
Again, I call it how I see it. I'm from Muletown. I watch Minford more than anybody. And sometimes I like to venture down 335 to catch Eastern Pike. I am a fan of all basketball, whether it be D2, D3, or D4. I go out and watch as many teams play as I possibly can. Just love to talk about it. If you don't like my opinions on things, then fine. That's ok. But, don't be an *** hole about it with your comments. (Thanks.) If you can't handle people's opinions, then why read this stuff?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The Portsmouth Daily times has Hadinger scoring 11 vs. East. His average is probably around 7-8 PPG. His career high is around the 15 point range.

..... Not exactly standing out like you want it to....

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Play the games, accept the seeding however it comes out, toss the ball up and play hard in the one and done season. It's the same every year play hard play smart against whoever your opponent is. Good luck to all. Hope someone can make it to Columbus. I'll be rooting for whoever it is.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Ok I have a few things to say...first off East can play on big floor. Secondly we know who the best player in the S.O.C. is. Third East is deserving of a 2 seed (especially now that they have beaten Eastern home/away) and Eastern has beaten peebles and on a 8 game win streak with arguably the best coach in S.E.O. yeah East may have laid an egg at Clay (which is a tough place to play, esp coming off a huge layoff due to snow). East is capable of beating anyone on a neutral floor (big or small) all the hate they get is unbelievable. If you were at that game you can't make excuses, East controlled the entire game until refs tried to give it to Eastern in the End. Blaine Scott did foul out late but East kept their poise. Brown led all scores with 29 I do believe. Eastern freshman guard played a well of a game. Still a few more conference games left but East sits alone at the top and control their own destiny. ....last but not least all parents for East remained in the contest lol. Let the hating begin

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I would not say that East laid an egg at Clay, and the snow excuse for missing one game is funny. Clay had a lot to do with the outcome of that game. After watching the Clay/East game I am not convinced East is better. Clay was ahead 35 plus points when Clay removed the last starter with 3:30 in the 4th.I only mention because others on here talk about a 24 point win, it was much worse. I will not compare similar opponents just head to head play. With all that said I do believe East has a nice team and as asb said capable of beating anyone on the big floor as they showed tonight. Also glad to see all witness the end of the game.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky81 wrote:

The Portsmouth Daily times has Hadinger scoring 11 vs. East. His average is probably around 7-8 PPG. His career high is around the 15 point range.

He did score 11 against East. I'm not buying the 7-8 ppg. I bet it's closer to 4-5. "Around 15" for a career high? Is that a guess, who was it against? It's easy to just throw numbers out there. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I also thought Zimmerman was closer to 21 ppg on the season. The two combined for 50, which (depending on the actual stats) still was 17-24 points above their average.

Before beating Waverly tonight, who had SW beat in the SOC II? It's great for them to play in that division of the league, but if you're not winning some of the games versus the good teams then it is hard to argue that you deserve a real high seed. Beating West and Northwest is no more impressive than beating the Green's and New Boston's.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

He did score 11 against East. I'm not buying the 7-8 ppg. I bet it's closer to 4-5. "Around 15" for a career high? Is that a guess, who was it against? It's easy to just throw numbers out there. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I also thought Zimmerman was closer to 21 ppg on the season. The two combined for 50, which (depending on the actual stats) still was 17-24 points above their average.

Before beating Waverly tonight, who had SW beat in the SOC II? It's great for them to play in that division of the league, but if you're not winning some of the games versus the good teams then it is hard to argue that you deserve a real high seed. Beating West and Northwest is no more impressive than beating the Green's and New Boston's.
Maybe losing tight games against great competition doesn't mean much... But they did beat East pretty handily so if it's based solely off wins then they deserve a higher seed than East... Right?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Again, I call it how I see it. I'm from Muletown. I watch Minford more than anybody. And sometimes I like to venture down 335 to catch Eastern Pike. I am a fan of all basketball, whether it be D2, D3, or D4. I go out and watch as many teams play as I possibly can. Just love to talk about it. If you don't like my opinions on things, then fine. That's ok. But, don't be an *** hole about it with your comments. (Thanks.) If you can't handle people's opinions, then why read this stuff?

How can you definitively argue that SW is so much better than East based on the 1 game? A game that was decided by 6-7 points at South Webster? A game that SW had a player score nearly 40, which is roughly 18 over his average? SW won that game and played better that night, but to act as if they are the clearly superior team is laughable. I'm sure that if the circumstances were reversed, and the game was at East and Akia Brown scores the 40 points you would be quick to write it off.

I call a spade a spade. I have no problem with your opinion, but when you claim your opinion is free of bias and it clearly is not, then I question it. Using some facts every once in awhile would also strengthen that opinion. ;)

On another note, the Tartans have now beaten 3 of the top 4 SOC I teams on the road. That now gives the Tartans a 6-2 record against the top 6 teams in this sectional (only team they have not played is Peebles).

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky,

No response to checking the ppg for Hadinger and Zimmerman?

Then, I guess Western will be above SW then.....

I'm simply saying, it's harder to compare two teams based off of hypothetical losses ( we only lost to a team by 5, you would have lost by 15, etc.). It's more accurate, logical, and fair to compare teams based off of a common pool of opponents. Who has SW played in this sectional? Is it just Western and East? That makes them 1-1. You can't expect other teams to bow down, because you have "tough losses" against good competition. Pair that with some legitimate wins then make an argument.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

What are updated records for seedings? With the loss that Eastern Pike suffered, will Peebles have a chance for the 1?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

East is The Best team in the S.O.C. 1, they would beat S.W. 9/10 times 10/10 on neutral floor. Eastern second best team in S.O.C. 1. ND/Clay close third. Western will be a tough out come tournament yime and could easily knock off 1-4/5 if shooting well. Bbjunky, why the dislike of East? Were you cut from the team in HS? They have 1 conference loss to Clay at Clay,Every other team (including power house Eastern) theyve Beating home/away. Theyve had a couple bad games(especially after losing a starter early in the season when the lost to Raceland and SW Raceland lost by 20 last night to St.Joe....East beat St.Joe the same way..thats how basketball goes lol. Sounds to me like youre very concerned about ol East and where theyre seeded lol....your team may not be able to avoid them anyway. Have a nice day

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

this sectional is loaded going to be interesting to see who's where a lot of great teams in it IMO it's the toughest sectional any where around here have to go up north to see a division 4 sectional this loaded definitely got to earn ur trip to the convo this year.

GO EAGLES
ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Wow. Congrats to East on the big road win. Also big congrats to SW on their big road win! Basketball is funny. Clay wallops East. EP beats Clay. East beats EP twice. ??? I give up. Good luck figuring this out. A great D4 Sectional!

Return to “Boys Basketball”