DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by rosemount guy »

Basketball has a lot to do with matchups, home court and 16-18 year old kids.We all know some teams play well against certain opponents,despite the location and records. That allows so many teams an argument why they are better. The seeding for this sectional will be done and as always someone feels slighted. Several good and comparable teams in this sectional. Look for competitive games throughout. The Clay team playing very well last several games, expect good game at South Webster tonight.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Clay 12-3
Eastern Pike 12-5
Fairfield 8-9
Glenwood 2-13
Manchester 5-10
Notre Dame 12-4
Peebles 12-3
Sciotoville Community 12-4
South Webster 7-8
Western 8-9
Whiteoak 3-10

Updated after Friday's games. Please post any changes.
Last edited by trojan7 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Western is 8-9 after the loss to Notre Dame

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Fairfield is 8-9 they beat Ripley 52-48 last night. They are going to be a tough out for one of the higher seeds in this sectional.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Clay plays over here tonight, could have #1 seed implications for Clay.

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

asb wrote:East is The Best team in the S.O.C. 1, they would beat S.W. 9/10 times 10/10 on neutral floor. Eastern second best team in S.O.C. 1. ND/Clay close third. Western will be a tough out come tournament yime and could easily knock off 1-4/5 if shooting well. Bbjunky, why the dislike of East? Were you cut from the team in HS? They have 1 conference loss to Clay at Clay,Every other team (including power house Eastern) theyve Beating home/away. Theyve had a couple bad games(especially after losing a starter early in the season when the lost to Raceland and SW Raceland lost by 20 last night to St.Joe....East beat St.Joe the same way..thats how basketball goes lol. Sounds to me like youre very concerned about ol East and where theyre seeded lol....your team may not be able to avoid them anyway. Have a nice day
How do you suppose East is number one? Clay was up by 10 at East but ended up blowing that lead. At Home they were up by 36 before taking out the starters. They are playing better then anyone in the league right now, and are contenders for the top seeds.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Clay 13-3
Eastern Pike 13-5
Fairfield 8-9
Glenwood 2-13
Manchester 5-11
Notre Dame 12-4
Peebles 12-4
Sciotoville Community 13-4
South Webster 7-9
Western 8-9
Whiteoak 4-10

Updated after some finals from Saturday. Please post to update.
Last edited by trojan7 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Spectator555 wrote:
asb wrote:East is The Best team in the S.O.C. 1, they would beat S.W. 9/10 times 10/10 on neutral floor. Eastern second best team in S.O.C. 1. ND/Clay close third. Western will be a tough out come tournament yime and could easily knock off 1-4/5 if shooting well. Bbjunky, why the dislike of East? Were you cut from the team in HS? They have 1 conference loss to Clay at Clay,Every other team (including power house Eastern) theyve Beating home/away. Theyve had a couple bad games(especially after losing a starter early in the season when the lost to Raceland and SW Raceland lost by 20 last night to St.Joe....East beat St.Joe the same way..thats how basketball goes lol. Sounds to me like youre very concerned about ol East and where theyre seeded lol....your team may not be able to avoid them anyway. Have a nice day
How do you suppose East is number one? Clay was up by 10 at East but ended up blowing that lead. At Home they were up by 36 before taking out the starters. They are playing better then anyone in the league right now, and are contenders for the top seeds.
I thought Eastern was the hottest team right now smh.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Nice win for Clay tonight 62-56 at South Webster.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

eastern pike beat north Adams 57-54 tonight good bounce back win.

GO EAGLES
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

East is now 13-4 after winning 69-45 at Ashland Fairview tonight. Fairview was coming off a 1 possession loss to Ashland.
Spectator555 wrote:

Well, I suppose because East is in 1st place in the league??? Clay is in a tie for 3rd. That alone would be sufficient, but we could also compare records against the other teams in this sectional more discussion.

Records against who I think are the top teams in this sectional (East, Peebles, Eastern, Clay, Notre Dame, Western, South Webster):
East is 6-2 against the teams they have played in that group.
Clay is 3-3 against teams they have played in that group.

From that group, East only has Western to play at home. Clay still has to play Eastern, Notre Dame, and Western.....edge East.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I do not believe that anyone, except East faithful that witnessed the game tuesday at Clay , could think East is a better team than Clay AT THIS TIME. Clay playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not taking anything away from East and what they have done this year. But talking present time I believe Clay playing better. Clay had a nice win tonight against a good South Webster team that i believe beat East last week by double figures.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I am not sure what seed in this sectional is an advantage given the depth of good teams this year. It looks that all 4 finals should be very competitive. TheSportsGuy I believe East capable of beating any team in the sectional but at this time I believe Clay playing better. That is my opinion.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

East didn't play SW last week, and it wasn't double figures.

You didn't respond to any of the facts laid out. Yeah, Clay thumped East at Clay. What is Clay's combined record against the top 3 SOC I teams? 1-3!

It should be about the body of work, and East has more quality wins against the same field of opponents.

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:East didn't play SW last week, and it wasn't double figures.

You didn't respond to any of the facts laid out. Yeah, Clay thumped East at Clay. What is Clay's combined record against the top 3 SOC I teams? 1-3!

It should be about the body of work, and East has more quality wins against the same field of opponents.
Rose mount Guy said "At this Time" meaning at this moment he believes they are the best team. Clay lost to Eastern, Notre Dame, and East all by very close games which they could have won. They are playing MUCH better than they have been earlier in the season, and this has proven to be true when they thumped East, And handled South Webster tonight. I do believe things would be different if the game with Eastern wasn't rescheduled with Eastern. But anything can go, so much talent this year, it'll be tough for anyone to make it out of the sectional!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Spectator555 wrote:

Rose mount Guy said "At this Time" meaning at this moment he believes they are the best team. Clay lost to Eastern, Notre Dame, and East all by very close games which they could have won. They are playing MUCH better than they have been earlier in the season, and this has proven to be true when they thumped East, And handled South Webster tonight. I do believe things would be different if the game with Eastern wasn't rescheduled with Eastern. But anything can go, so much talent this year, it'll be tough for anyone to make it out of the sectional!
Handled??? It was a 6 point game?

Nonetheless Clay definitely was the better team tonight and deserved the win. Very good ball club they have out in Rosemount.

By the way... Is there any doubt whatsoever that TheSportsGuy is Bailey from East? I'm willing to bet my farm on it :lol:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I found the East/South Webster score was a 7 point game and played couple weeks earlier. I was referring to how the teams are playing now when I was comparing the two. Agree the term handled could be misinterpreted it was a very competitive game at Webster. The body of work quote gives some of it away.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Spectator555 wrote:

Handled??? It was a 6 point game?

Nonetheless Clay definitely was the better team tonight and deserved the win. Very good ball club they have out in Rosemount.

By the way... Is there any doubt whatsoever that TheSportsGuy is Bailey from East? I'm willing to bet my farm on it :lol:
I like your thinking, it's almost like he has the "inside" access to things you really don't get from a fan in the stands.

Love how coaches come on a defend their teams to a bunch of dad's and never was keyboard warriors. I had a coach contact me last year after a comment I made about them struggling from them shooting the ball really well but still losing. He messages me to give me his run down and his percentage they shot, then accuses me of being on the opposing teams staff lol.

Would the real Bailey please stand up...

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

The politics and strategic moves by the coaches and conferences is going to be the key determination. In my opinion, this is probably one of the more interesting Sectionals in recent history.

Teams like Western, South Webster & Fairfield will be a dangerous draw for any of the top five teams with the best records. This will not be a cake walk and should produce some quality games for the fans to enjoy.
Last edited by Hoggy on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

My prediction is as follows:

Clay could easily be the 3 seed and may be voted into that slot after the rough two weeks that Peebles has had. Although Peebles may have lost the games....I honestly feel they will be better prepared come tourney time. Clay is peaking at the right time and will be a tough out.

South Webster definitely plays in a tougher league and their record may not be a true indication on how they should compete with schools their own size. However, playing against bigger schools and losing isn't going to help them come seeding selection.

To be honest, Western is a team that has shown they can play with any of the predicted top 5 and with a bounce going their way and few shots falling.....they can definitely play spoiler.

It all comes down to how a team is currently playing and if they are peaking at the right time of the season. Doesn't really matter where you start....it matters how you finish!

1. Sciotoville Community 13-4
2. Eastern Pike 13-5
3. Peebles 12-4
4. Clay 13-3

5. Notre Dame 12-4
6. South Webster 7-9
7. Fairfield 8-9
8. Western 8-9

9. Manchester 5-11
10. Whiteoak 4-10
11. Glenwood 2-13
Last edited by Hoggy on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”