SATURDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 1/30

asb
Freshman Team

Re: SATURDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 1/30

Post by asb »

brown22 wrote:eastern pike 57
north Adams 54
final

good win for the eagles played 2 tough games on back to back nights stayed strong and pulled through tonight.
What division is North Adams

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Athens 30
Meigs 31
Halftime
Absolute worse refereeing I have EVER seen.

You are crying like Trump having to answer a Megan Kelly question.....Grow up! You got beat! And make room for Big Blue to moving up in the ole brackets!
Who is Big Blue...Didn't Warren only beat a very bad Gallipolis team by 10 last night?

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Athens moved up 6'3 freshman Hines. Meigs struggled with his size. Sheets went off for 30. Sheets is a good ball player
We did not struggle with Hines at all, he wasn't a factor at all. This game was seriously worse then playing at Alexander, yeah it was that bad...And that usually doesn't happen at Athens. Usually they are well officiated. But of course you're biased...Take of the rose colored glasses...Of course we got some calls for us when we wasn't shooting the ball, it was always before the shot...How many non charges was called on #14..Literally putting his shoulders forward like he is running through linebackers and nothing called. Should have been 3 or 4 easily.We had 2 of our starters sitting bench in 3rd period with 4 fouls on each one of them....Athens has a GREAT group of kids and a great coaching staff...but they had help tonight...How many times did we go up by 10 and then boom there we was all of a sudden only up 3 because of the other 3 men on the court playing tonight...Heck I felt like I was at a Nelsonville-York Football game.
Wow, what a crybaby. Your son should be embarrassed by you. Dogs played with more heart, with 2 starters sitting out injured. Oh, and 2 freshman playing most of the second half and all of the 4th quarter.
Last edited by ShoeHorn on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

North Adams d3 this year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ma77ox wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Absolute worse refereeing I have EVER seen.

You are crying like Trump having to answer a Megan Kelly question.....Grow up! You got beat! And make room for Big Blue to moving up in the ole brackets!
Who is Big Blue...Didn't Warren only beat a very bad Gallipolis team by 10 last night?

You will find out come tournament time who Big Blue is!

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

ShoeHorn wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Athens moved up 6'3 freshman Hines. Meigs struggled with his size. Sheets went off for 30. Sheets is a good ball player
We did not struggle with Hines at all, he wasn't a factor at all. This game was seriously worse then playing at Alexander, yeah it was that bad...And that usually doesn't happen at Athens. Usually they are well officiated. But of course you're biased...Take of the rose colored glasses...Of course we got some calls for us when we wasn't shooting the ball, it was always before the shot...How many non charges was called on #14..Literally putting his shoulders forward like he is running through linebackers and nothing called. Should have been 3 or 4 easily.We had 2 of our starters sitting bench in 3rd period with 4 fouls on each one of them....Athens has a GREAT group of kids and a great coaching staff...but they had help tonight...How many times did we go up by 10 and then boom there we was all of a sudden only up 3 because of the other 3 men on the court playing tonight...Heck I felt like I was at a Nelsonville-York Football game.
Wow, what a crybaby. Your son should be embarrassed by you. Dogs played with more heart, with 2 starters sitting out injured. Oh, and 2 freshman playing most of the second half and all of the 4th quarter.
And once again 3 refs...Dude, don't mention my son. My son will never be embarrassed of someone raising 3 boys on his own...One played basketball at College level and another signed to play college baseball...I don't think one will be embarrassed by me not being happy about a bad officiated game...How many points did those Freshmen have??? They weren't game changing players (no discredit to them at all) they just weren't effective. I will shut up now, because all that's on here is Athens followers....We will see what happens on a neutral court come tournament time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^
Did any player miss a shot or turn it over for meigs? If so, blame them. Good grief people are insane about a game where kids shoot a ball.

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Athens 68
Meigs 65
Final
Athens played with 8 on the court tonight.
Hmm, seems like that would be a technical. Poor job by the refs to miss that.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
thebarlowbandit
All State

Show some maturity, you really believe that 3 officials actually care who wins a high school basketball game? If so, get a life and quit blaming others for the failures. Meigs got beat, it's not the first time either, so quit acting surprised. According to some posters they were horrible at the Foul Line, that's the game right there. And yeah, your son may be proud of the person you are, but he can't be proud of how you are acting right now. Give it a break and remember it's just a game.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill 42
Northwest 26

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The 10-point deficits made up at times had nothing to do with refs - it had to do with 3-point shooting. Saltzmen and Cozart had 10 between them. TEN!

Had you not left them wide open, Meigs wins that game. Blame your coach Ma77ox, not the refs. Why you stayed in that zone is baffling.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

wobycat wrote:^^^
Did any player miss a shot or turn it over for meigs? If so, blame them. Good grief people are insane about a game where kids shoot a ball.
Insane by coming on a forum and stating an opinion after an intense game?? I think insane would be getting kicked out of a game.

Do you not know it goes like this, If you lose, come online, complain, discuss and argue....few days later after it's all said and done and nothing else said about it...That's called competition, not being insane.

thebarlowbandit
All State

No, actually that's acting insane. Why blame others, that's simply looking for excuses. Why do that? Be a man, set a good example.

thebarlowbandit
All State

93Bulldog wrote:The 10-point deficits made up at times had nothing to do with refs - it had to do with 3-point shooting. Saltzmen and Cozart had 10 between them. TEN!

Had you not left them wide open, Meigs wins that game. Blame your coach Ma77ox, not the refs. Why you stayed in that zone is baffling.

If the officials would have guarded the Athens players on the outside Athens would not have shot that well.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

93Bulldog wrote:The 10-point deficits made up at times had nothing to do with refs - it had to do with 3-point shooting. Saltzmen and Cozart had 10 between them. TEN!

Oh trust me, I know all too well about staying in the Zone too long and some stingy play of a few kids trying to do too much...But that didn't beat us...How many times did Saltzmen put his shoulder down and wasn't called for the charge. How many times did we get a rebound and 3 of your players was around them, shoving them out of bounds and no call. Take off some of those rose colored glasses 93...Calls like that in a game like this is a game breaker...Just think if there WASN'T a charge and a technical in that Vinton game...You all Lose...right??

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

ma77ox wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
And once again 3 refs...Dude, don't mention my son. My son will never be embarrassed of someone raising 3 boys on his own...One played basketball at College level and another signed to play college baseball...I don't think one will be embarrassed by me not being happy about a bad officiated game...How many points did those Freshmen have??? They weren't game changing players (no discredit to them at all) they just weren't effective. I will shut up now, because all that's on here is Athens followers....We will see what happens on a neutral court come tournament time.
Yea, whatever pal. You are something else. Every time Meigs loses it's because of the refs. You should have brought your guts...Dogs did.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trust me when I say this ... get ready for the DIVISION II tournament ma77ox, cause the physicality is just the same. Tonight's game should be a good learning experience for the Marauders, the games in Logan will be just the same. (1) get out of the zone when teams are draining one three after another and (2) learn how to play physical basketball.

Meigs has great ball players, they are deep, can shoot, they have some size and they have a top notch player in Sheets. But if you don't do those two things I mentioned above - you won't be playing at the Convo.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

ShoeHorn wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote: Wow, what a crybaby. Your son should be embarrassed by you. Dogs played with more heart, with 2 starters sitting out injured. Oh, and 2 freshman playing most of the second half and all of the 4th quarter.
Yea, whatever pal. You are something else. Every time Meigs loses it's because of the refs. You should have brought your guts...Dogs did.
No, not every time, we have lost 3 games at Alexander...How many teams go in there and Win?
We got spanked by Vinton, not one word was said, we got beat.
Lose to Athens at Athens, that just lost to Wellston by how much?

Fair game, I wouldn't say a word..I would accept defeat like the Vinton game.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Same Wellston team you beat by all of what, 4 points. Refs cost Wellston that game. Lol. You are laughable.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Logan Elm 61
Teays Valley 51 final

Return to “Boys Basketball”