DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Spectator555 wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:East didn't play SW last week, and it wasn't double figures.

You didn't respond to any of the facts laid out. Yeah, Clay thumped East at Clay. What is Clay's combined record against the top 3 SOC I teams? 1-3!

It should be about the body of work, and East has more quality wins against the same field of opponents.
Rose mount Guy said "At this Time" meaning at this moment he believes they are the best team. Clay lost to Eastern, Notre Dame, and East all by very close games which they could have won. They are playing MUCH better than they have been earlier in the season, and this has proven to be true when they thumped East, And handled South Webster tonight. I do believe things would be different if the game with Eastern wasn't rescheduled with Eastern. But anything can go, so much talent this year, it'll be tough for anyone to make it out of the sectional!
Handled??? It was a 6 point game?

Nonetheless Clay definitely was the better team tonight and deserved the win. Very good ball club they have out in Rosemount.

By the way... Is there any doubt whatsoever that TheSportsGuy is Bailey from East? I'm willing to bet my farm on it :lol:

How big a farm do you have? You would lose it. :lol: What inside scoop have I provided other than scores and records of the teams from this sectional? The facts I have presented are based off info anyone on this site had access to. I like how none of you have still responded to the facts. It's ok, hard to defend your team against the numbers/ logic that has been presented.

I also like how my identity can be speculated upon, as if it were some negative thing that I remain anonymous when the majority of you guys (and most on this site) are anonymous.

I understand your feelings are hurt, but no need to accuse people of being the team's head coach. If I were, what have I said that is wrong or not based on fact? Again, I guess you have to attack something when you can't argue with facts/logic.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
Spectator555 wrote: Rose mount Guy said "At this Time" meaning at this moment he believes they are the best team. Clay lost to Eastern, Notre Dame, and East all by very close games which they could have won. They are playing MUCH better than they have been earlier in the season, and this has proven to be true when they thumped East, And handled South Webster tonight. I do believe things would be different if the game with Eastern wasn't rescheduled with Eastern. But anything can go, so much talent this year, it'll be tough for anyone to make it out of the sectional!
Handled??? It was a 6 point game?

Nonetheless Clay definitely was the better team tonight and deserved the win. Very good ball club they have out in Rosemount.

By the way... Is there any doubt whatsoever that TheSportsGuy is Bailey from East? I'm willing to bet my farm on it :lol:

How big a farm do you have? You would lose it. :lol: What inside scoop have I provided other than scores and records of the teams from this sectional? The facts I have presented are based off info anyone on this site had access to. I like how none of you have still responded to the facts. It's ok, hard to defend your team against the numbers/ logic that has been presented.

I also like how my identity can be speculated upon, as if it were some negative thing that I remain anonymous when the majority of you guys (and most on this site) are anonymous.

I understand your feelings are hurt, but no need to accuse people of being the team's head coach. If I were, what have I said that is wrong or not based on fact? Again, I guess you have to attack something when you can't argue with facts/logic.

Sir, with all due respect, you are the only one that has been overly defensive throughout this entire thread. East is better than any team that beat them and you have excuses as to why they lost each game. I don't see anyone else getting defensive.

My point with Webster remains the same -- they are better than their record indicates. They are a D4 team playing in a very good D2/D3 conference. At no point have I said South Webster is the best team in this sectional. They aren't. But they can undoubtedly play with, and beat, anyone in this sectional if they play to their potential.

Nonetheless... After last night, I don't see how people could vote Clay the 4. They've only lost 3 games, and demolished East. They're easily the 1-2 if you ask me.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

When is the drawing?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

What d2 team has SW beat? Plz do not consider Waverly a true d2 team. Webster will be the 6 seed and if clay wins Tuesday against ND they will be the 4 seed but lose they will be 5 seed. 4 and 5 are pretty much the same but with them losing to Eastern earlier will hurt them at the 3 seed.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:What d2 team has SW beat? Plz do not consider Waverly a true d2 team. Webster will be the 6 seed and if clay wins Tuesday against ND they will be the 4 seed but lose they will be 5 seed. 4 and 5 are pretty much the same but with them losing to Eastern earlier will hurt them at the 3 seed.
What kind of statement is that? Yes, Waverly is "truly" a D2 team. They will be participating in the D2 tournament. I'm not sure how to make it more clear than that.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

I see Clay getting the 1.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

1. Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Peebles
4. East
5. Notre Dame
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

How do you have Eastern over East in the seeding when East has beat Eastern twice? I see clay either getting a 3,4,5. I see Notre Dame being locked in at 4 or 5. Clay will not be the 1 seed. Peebles may actually slip to 4. If clay beats ND Tuesday Than clay will be 3 seed. If they lose than Clay will be 5 seed

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SWJeeps22 wrote:1. Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Peebles
4. East
5. Notre Dame
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston
This is exactly how I think it'll go also.. Peebles and Eastern Pike may switch but other than that looks pretty good.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Sir, with all due respect, you are the only one that has been overly defensive throughout this entire thread. East is better than any team that beat them and you have excuses as to why they lost each game. I don't see anyone else getting defensive.

My point with Webster remains the same -- they are better than their record indicates. They are a D4 team playing in a very good D2/D3 conference. At no point have I said South Webster is the best team in this sectional. They aren't. But they can undoubtedly play with, and beat, anyone in this sectional if they play to their potential.

Nonetheless... After last night, I don't see how people could vote Clay the 4. They've only lost 3 games, and demolished East. They're easily the 1-2 if you ask me.
I'm the one who's overly defensive, and you're the one making accusations that I'm the head coach for the team I support? Not sure why my identity matters when all I'm discussing are facts and numbers. How have I made excuses about how East lost its games? They have been outplayed 4 times this season, and lost those games. East has some vulnerabilities, as do all teams. They have played uncharacteristically bad in some games this season, some they have still won and some they have lost...just like many other teams.

I agree with your comments about Webster. On the nights they defend like they are capable, and when Zimmerman plays/shoots it well they are really good. The Tartans witnessed that first hand.

I still don't know why you won't respond to some of the facts I have presented.

Clay has only lost 3 games, but the other top teams only have 4-5 losses. How can you honestly put Clay at the 1, when they aren't even number 1 (or 2) in their own conference? Should we not reward teams for their whole body of work? Perhaps we should ignore what happened early, and only consider the last week or so? If we do that, then why would you not put East ahead of Eastern, who they just beat, again, on the road?

East is the only SOC I team, among those at the top of this sectional, who has already played the others both times. They are 5-1 against the top 5 in this sectional. Clay is 1-3, and has still yet to play Notre Dame and Eastern the second time. Why are you ignoring Clay's losses to ND and Eastern?

I don't see how this is being overly defensive, just presenting solid information. I'm not throwing out excuses or hypotheticals, just the truth. No one in this sectional has a better record against the other teams within it, than East. That said, the top 7-8 teams in this sectional are easily capable of beating one another. The better teams on that night will advance regardless of seed, and it should make for some fun basketball at Northwest.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:

I'm the one who's overly defensive, and you're the one making accusations that I'm the head coach for the team I support? Not sure why my identity matters when all I'm discussing are facts and numbers. How have I made excuses about how East lost its games? They have been outplayed 4 times this season, and lost those games. East has some vulnerabilities, as do all teams. They have played uncharacteristically bad in some games this season, some they have still won and some they have lost...just like many other teams.

I agree with your comments about Webster. On the nights they defend like they are capable, and when Zimmerman plays/shoots it well they are really good. The Tartans witnessed that first hand.

Clay has only lost 3 games, but the other top teams only have 4-5 losses. How can you honestly put Clay at the 1, when they aren't even number 1 (or 2) in their own conference? Should we not reward teams for their whole body of work? Perhaps we should ignore what happened early, and only consider the last week or so? If we do that, then why would you not put East ahead of Eastern, who they just beat, again, on the road?

East is the only SOC I team, among those at the top of this sectional, who has already played the others both times. They are 5-1 against the top 5 in this sectional. Clay is 1-3, and has still yet to play Notre Dame and Eastern the second time. Why are you ignoring Clay's losses to ND and Eastern?

I don't see how this is being overly defensive, just presenting solid information. I'm not throwing out excuses or hypotheticals, just the truth. No one in this sectional has a better record against the other teams within it, than East. That said, the top 7-8 teams in this sectional are easily capable of beating one another. The better teams on that night will advance regardless of seed, and it should make for some fun basketball at Northwest.
gonna be some great basketball at northwest can't wait then the winners go play more great ball at the convo it's a win win for basketball fans.

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoggy wrote:My prediction is as follows:

Clay could easily be the 3 seed and may be voted into that slot after the rough two weeks that Peebles has had. Although Peebles may have lost the games....I honestly feel they will be better prepared come tourney time. Clay is peaking at the right time and will be a tough out.

South Webster definitely plays in a tougher league and their record may not be a true indication on how they should compete with schools their own size. However, playing against bigger schools and losing isn't going to help them come seeding selection.

To be honest, Western is a team that has shown they can play with any of the predicted top 5 and with a bounce going their way and few shots falling.....they can definitely play spoiler.

It all comes down to how a team is currently playing and if they are peaking at the right time of the season. Doesn't really matter where you start....it matters how you finish!

1. Sciotoville Community 13-4
2. Eastern Pike 13-5
3. Peebles 12-4
4. Clay 13-3

5. Notre Dame 12-4
6. South Webster 7-9
7. Fairfield 8-9
8. Western 8-9

9. Manchester 5-11
10. Whiteoak 4-10
11. Glenwood 2-13
Watched Manchester vs Whiteoak last night and Whiteoak just trounced them. Was never close or in doubt. To make matters worse for Manchester their top player (IMO) snapped his ankle late in the 4th and hopefully he's ok but you could hear a snap from the stands. He did limp off with help so hopefully he's good to go.

Whiteoak could be a surprise. They don't have much height but have 6 sophomores that play and are certainly improving as the year goes on...they aren't going to do anything but improve.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Lets make it a clean sweep for all 11 teams. New Boston lost recently by only 3 I believe to Symmes Valley who took Eastern to overtime. Now we have something for all 11 teams. Just shows that all 11 will start 0-0 and should believe they have a chance against any opponent. As many have said should make for some good games at this sectional.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

rosemount guy wrote:I do not believe that anyone, except East faithful that witnessed the game tuesday at Clay , could think East is a better team than Clay AT THIS TIME. Clay playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not taking anything away from East and what they have done this year. But talking present time I believe Clay playing better. Clay had a nice win tonight against a good South Webster team that i believe beat East last week by double figures.
East lost to clay by 5....Zimmerman had 39 points (career high) and bout 17 points more than his season avg. Expect to lose when you allow one player to score like that. Any team in this sectional can be beaten by the any team,especially if shots are fallen. Theres no push overs. So the seeding aint that big of a deal,its win or go home for everyone.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

1. East
2. Peebles
3. Eastern
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. Western
7. South Webster
8. Leesburg Fairfield
9. Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11. New Boston

Peebles and Eastern should be reversed since Eastern beat them head to head, but I will be shocked if the Peebles/South Webster matchup doesn't happen. It will be either in the 2/7 or 3/6 line...not sure yet. For the record, I also think Western should get the nod over Webster for the 6 seed based on head to head result.*

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

TheSportsGuy wrote:

Im the Father of your player lol the hate for East is real

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

asb wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:I do not believe that anyone, except East faithful that witnessed the game tuesday at Clay , could think East is a better team than Clay AT THIS TIME. Clay playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not taking anything away from East and what they have done this year. But talking present time I believe Clay playing better. Clay had a nice win tonight against a good South Webster team that i believe beat East last week by double figures.
East lost to clay by 5....Zimmerman had 39 points (career high) and bout 17 points more than his season avg. Expect to lose when you allow one player to score like that. Any team in this sectional can be beaten by the any team,especially if shots are fallen. Theres no push overs. So the seeding aint that big of a deal,its win or go home for everyone.
Agree, I don't believe any seed is a guarantee for an easy opponent.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

This is hands down the most competitive sectional in the SE district in my humble opinion. I know when I am not watching Lynchburg, I will have my popcorn, nachos and diet pepsi ready to take in these games at Northwest. I see the 2 SHAC schools being locked in the 8-9 game(Fairfield-Manchester), I know Whiteoak beat Manchester but it was a make-up game and the next night after a homecoming dance, but that is neither here or there I see all games being competitive. Recently New Boston played close with Symmes Valley and had the game in single digits vs. East in the 2nd half. I may be biased(duh the screen name - shac fan hah) however I feel Peebles is the best team in this sectional by a decent margin regardless of the loss to Eastern Pike. I am looking ahead in this bracket at several intense and maybe every sectional final being highly competitive.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

My predictions as of now.

1. Portsmouth Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Peebles
4. Portsmouth East
5. Portsmouth Notre Dame
6. South Webster
7. Western Pike
8. Fairfield Leesburg
9.Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11.Glenwood

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:My predictions as of now.

1. Portsmouth Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Peebles
4. Portsmouth East
5. Portsmouth Notre Dame
6. South Webster
7. Western Pike
8. Fairfield Leesburg
9.Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11.Glenwood
Looks pretty good, I agree with most of it. With East's recent win over Eastern do you think that will catapult them above Eastern though?

Return to “Boys Basketball”